What would Rush think of TRF?

BassMasterGeneral

Rush are not special people other than their creative ability. They have the same failings as the rest of us, judgemental, argumentative and confrontational.

Peart is judgemental that's a fact. Alex Lifeson got into an altercation with the police in Florida and we've seen evidence of him being disrespectful to his parents. Geddy Lee admits to giving his mother a whole lot of shit to deal with after the death of his father.

Ok, so that's not much but it is as much as we know.

Many here will remember the incident at Freddy Gruber's birthday party that led to an online spat across here and Counterparts Forum between a character called "Joesmechanic" and Michael Mosbach and other representatives of Neil Peart's inner circle one of whom may have been his wife Carrie. The exchanges were as heated as any of the ones you'll read in certain threads here and that's because they are just people doing what people do.

As for being "disgusted by the childish slandering of Neil" I think they would be completely immune to that now. They are probably more embarrassed by the fawning and worship.

True fact. I was once thanked via PM by a member of Peart's entourage, who may have been Carrie, for taking on and taking the the piss out of the Joesmechanic character, just as I take the piss out of some of you. I also had an offline spat with Mr Mosbach about the same subject. (Over at Counterparts, not here)

So the belligerence is good when it defends the band and terrible when it doesn't.

Are you talking about the documentary when Alex was like 17 or something? Give me a break. I think everybody is somewhat disrespectful to their parents as teens.

I think they would feel the same way about TRF as most of us do. Entertaining sometimes. Funny sometimes. Informative sometimes. Deep sometimes. Annoying sometimes. Pleasant sometimes. Overall a great community of Rush fans from all walks of life with varying opinions carried out in a (mostly) civil manner. Three thumbs up! Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 1

Rush are not special people other than their creative ability. They have the same failings as the rest of us, judgemental, argumentative and confrontational.

Peart is judgemental that's a fact. Alex Lifeson got into an altercation with the police in Florida and we've seen evidence of him being disrespectful to his parents. Geddy Lee admits to giving his mother a whole lot of shit to deal with after the death of his father.

Ok, so that's not much but it is as much as we know.

Many here will remember the incident at Freddy Gruber's birthday party that led to an online spat across here and Counterparts Forum between a character called "Joesmechanic" and Michael Mosbach and other representatives of Neil Peart's inner circle one of whom may have been his wife Carrie. The exchanges were as heated as any of the ones you'll read in certain threads here and that's because they are just people doing what people do.

As for being "disgusted by the childish slandering of Neil" I think they would be completely immune to that now. They are probably more embarrassed by the fawning and worship.

True fact. I was once thanked via PM by a member of Peart's entourage, who may have been Carrie, for taking on and taking the the piss out of the Joesmechanic character, just as I take the piss out of some of you. I also had an offline spat with Mr Mosbach about the same subject. (Over at Counterparts, not here)

So the belligerence is good when it defends the band and terrible when it doesn't.

Are you talking about the documentary when Alex was like 17 or something? Give me a break. I think everybody is somewhat disrespectful to their parents as teens.

What about his attacks on the mother of his child in the documentary, and his attempts to get with another teenage mother at the time?

I think you're missing the point.

I think they would feel the same way about TRF as most of us do. Entertaining sometimes. Funny sometimes. Informative sometimes. Deep sometimes. Annoying sometimes. Pleasant sometimes. Overall a great community of Rush fans from all walks of life with varying opinions carried out in a (mostly) civil manner. Three thumbs up!

I'd give this place a lot more than just three thumbs up. It is true we all have our resident "enemies" but for all the aggravation, and sometimes hurt and disappointment in people here, the good on TRF far outweighs the not-so-good. The human quality of many of the members is stellar.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I think they would feel the same way about TRF as most of us do. Entertaining sometimes. Funny sometimes. Informative sometimes. Deep sometimes. Annoying sometimes. Pleasant sometimes. Overall a great community of Rush fans from all walks of life with varying opinions carried out in a (mostly) civil manner. Three thumbs up!

I'd give this place a lot more than just three thumbs up. It is true we all have our resident "enemies" but for all the aggravation, and sometimes hurt and disappointment in people here, the good on TRF far outweighs the not-so-good. The human quality of many of the members is stellar.

I'm beloved by all.

• Like 1

I'm beloved by all.

Understandable.

EAT MY...

CUPCAKES!

• Like 1

They would be totally horrified at some of the posts here.

There are plenty of reasons why the official forum on their site was closed down.

Horrified.

What would horrify them?

• Like 2

Gotta agree there, only been here 2 weeks or so but I love the forums and everyone on here, I've seen maybe two fights, and neither of them were anything compared to what you see elsewhere.

You all are awesome.

• Like 1

Gotta agree there, only been here 2 weeks or so but I love the forums and everyone on here, I've seen maybe two fights, and neither of them were anything compared to what you see elsewhere.

You all are awesome.

Screw you! You are now my mortal enemy!

fg_evil_monkey.jpg

• Like 2

You all are awesome.

Screw you! You are now my mortal enemy!

fg_evil_monkey.jpg

I'm going to borrow this picture for another thread if you don't mind.

• Like 1

All of you. Every...Single......Last.....One....Of...You.

I have read so many stupid threads and posts here that if I was in a band that had a forum like this I would probably retire from music altogether and live out the rest of my days sitting in a bath full of my own urine.

Of course, I would then have to counter a pile of criticism of my understanding of the English language.

Just in case you don't get it: All you people are idiots.

If you people lived on my street, I would set fire to my house, just to make sure I never lived near you again.

I would then, of course, set fire to myself.

So, to make it clear for the idiots.......Yes, I'm talking to all of you.......All of you.

• Like 1

I'd give this place a lot more than just three thumbs up.

The three thumbs were that of Alex, Geddy and Neil. :)
  • Like 1

I'd give this place a lot more than just three thumbs up.

The three thumbs were that of Alex, Geddy and Neil. :)

In that case, here's a hug before the flames engulf us. :hug2:

• Like 1

I have read so many stupid threads and posts here that if I was in a band that had a forum like this I would probably retire from music altogether and live out the rest of my days sitting in a bath full of my own urine.

Of course, I would then have to counter a pile of criticism of my understanding of the English language.

If you people lived on my street, I would set fire to my house, just to make sure I never lived near you again.

So, to make it clear for the idiots.......Yes, I'm talking to all of you.......All of you.

Yet you registered here and post. :wtf:

• Like 1

Yet you registered here and post. :wtf:

Yeah...hmmmm.....

37832161.jpg

• Like 2

You are labeled a "seeker". I guess you need to keep seeking enlightenment is all I can figure. Breathe and think positive thoughts...message boards are just message boards....

I gouged out my eyes when I first read the stupid threads and posts here. That's why I'm always angry and don't take a blind bit of notice when people ask me to stop.

• Like 1

I gouged out my eyes when I first read the stupid threads and posts here. That's why I'm always angry and don't take a blind bit of notice when people ask me to stop.

In all fairness, there are tons of stupid threads and posts on every message board I am a member of.......and that is a lot. Comes with the internet unfortunately.

You are doing very well considering.

• Like 1