TRF SUCKS! ! where to begin..

MMCXII

Have you guys seen this shit? Japanese pop band. Wow TRF sure sucks.. what..

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 4

It's a J-pop band. It can't not suck.

They truly are all the same. And they want it that way. There's also a peculiar attachment to acronyms out here.

Yuuji, a heavy metal J-friend dude who's studying English, once said to me, "J-pop should be called 'J-f**k' because it's f***ed!" I told him his sentence and his thinking were perfect. He was happy. :LOL:

• Like 2

They truly are all the same. And they want it that way. There's also a peculiar attachment to acronyms out here.

Yuuji, a heavy metal J-friend dude who's studying English, once said to me, "J-pop should be called 'J-f**k' because it's f***ed!" I told him his sentence and his thinking were perfect. He was happy. :LOL:

What do you do with all your Obi Strips?

What do you do with all your Obi Strips?

I use them to choke myself with every time I hear a stupid j-pop song

• Like 1

I really like Girls Generation.

Lionheart is a great pop song and video and the girls are all so gorgeous.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Locals usually don't even refer to those j-pop bands as "bands". They mostly refer to them as "idol groups" because it's exactly what they are. They recognize it's more about the look than anything else. Shelf life is extremely short.

Girls Generation are actually from Korea...which means the girls are generally older. That is, in their 20s. Japanese female idol group members are often as young as junior high age. There are some crazy rules to be members of a Japanese female idol group...dating restrictions for one. Even when the girls are over 18. Got to keep that "image" of purity and being completely untouched. Nuts.

• Like 1

Locals usually don't even refer to those j-pop bands as "bands". They mostly refer to them as "idol groups" because it's exactly what they are. They recognize it's more about the look than anything else. Shelf life is extremely short.

Girls Generation are actually from Korea...which means the girls are generally older. That is, in their 20s. Japanese female idol group members are often as young as junior high age. There are some crazy rules to be members of a Japanese female idol group...dating restrictions for one. Even when the girls are over 18. Got to keep that "image" of purity and being completely untouched. Nuts.

Japanese pop is awful if you ask me. The rock and metal scene, however, has lots of goodies!

Korean pop groups are just silly fun. But I really like Girls Generation, their most recent album has some great pop songwriting.

• Like 1

Japanese pop is awful if you ask me. The rock and metal scene, however, has lots of goodies!

Yeah, I agree.

I've been lucky enough to see a few good local rock bands in small clubs out here. But often times it's such a crap shoot when I've gone since I usually don't know the bands that are playing beforehand. Still, the experience of seeing live music with friends has always been fun. Need to go soon, it's been too long since the last gig.

• Like 1

The classic lineup of AKB48 had some great songs - Heavy Rotation, Beginner, Sakura No Shiori, Uza, etc .. NMB48 have some really good ones now too

The original Majisuka Gakuen TV show is beyond classic

AKB crossed over and go a lot of the metal and rock crowd interested .. Marty Friedman does a great guitar cover of Heavy Rotation

Morning Musume was great too

And Momoiro Clover Z rocks - some of their remixes are incredible

I'm actually learning stuff in this dumb thread.. scary lol
  • Like 2

The classic lineup of AKB48 had some great songs - Heavy Rotation, Beginner, Sakura No Shiori, Uza, etc .. NMB48 have some really good ones now too

The original Majisuka Gakuen TV show is beyond classic

AKB crossed over and go a lot of the metal and rock crowd interested .. Marty Friedman does a great guitar cover of Heavy Rotation

Morning Musume was great too

And Momoiro Clover Z rocks - some of their remixes are incredible

I strongly disagree about AKB48 crossing over into metal. ANY appearance ANYWHERE here shows them in their standard, mini-skirted selves doing all the synchronized cutesy dance moves and uttering those fake mousy vocals. Any use of rock or metal was clearly a move by their management to TRY to get more fans. The AKB members themselves make no decisions on such musical matters. As I said before, they're about the presentation of "kawaii" and NOT the music. If you like that music, that's another thing.

As far as Friedman goes, it doesn't surprise me. He's very familiar with Japan (and fluent) and knows how popular such bands are. His performance with such bands MIGHT get him more fans so I'd guess that's why he did it. Having said that, his gigs are generally in smaller clubs out here. Good guitarist though.

• Like 1

I'm actually learning stuff in this dumb thread.. scary lol

Don't listen to Lucas. He's a hentai otaku type!

[j/k Lucas ;) ...i said that because I know you'd know what it means]

Big time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB:

Oshimen ??

akb7866.jpg

I'm not into pedophilia.

C'mon now JB, Mariko Shinoda is 30 now ... Haruna Kojima is gonna be 28, so she was like 23 or 24 in that pic

Don't you have a favorite member of RUSH ?? or do you see them strictly in a sexual way too ?

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1