TRF SUCKS! ! where to begin..

MMCXII

JB:

Oshimen ??

akb7866.jpg

I'm not into pedophilia.

C'mon now JB, Mariko Shinoda is 30 now ... Haruna Kojima is gonna be 28, so she was like 23 or 24 in that pic

Don't you have a favorite member of RUSH ?? or do you see them strictly in a sexual way too ?

No way would I have guessed anyone in that pic was 23 or 24. They all look like teens to me. Also, I'm always on TRF on my cell so the pics are small and sometimes hard to get a good viewing. But since you've told me their ages, I'd do them all !!!! ;)

Really though, I'm surprised they're over 20.

Edited to add: I think there are many that'd agree with me in that they look very young. Even the clothes suggest a typical Japanese school uniform. And your Rush comment i.e. "sexual sense" makes no sense

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

JB:

Oshimen ??

akb7866.jpg

I'm not into pedophilia.

C'mon now JB, Mariko Shinoda is 30 now ... Haruna Kojima is gonna be 28, so she was like 23 or 24 in that pic

Don't you have a favorite member of RUSH ?? or do you see them strictly in a sexual way too ?

No way would I have guessed anyone in that pic was 23 or 24. They all look like teens to me. Also, I'm always on TRF on my cell so the pics are small and sometimes hard to get a good viewing. But since you've told me their ages, I'd do them all !!!! ;)

Edited to add: I think there are many that'd agree with me in that they look very young. Even the clothes suggest a typical Japanese school uniform. And your Rush comment i.e. "sexual sense" makes no sense

I was just being sarcastic . "I can't pick one because that would mean I am a pervert"

Geddy is my Oshi too

:)

Yuko Oshima was in the top spot for a long time, and she retired at the age of 27 last year ..

For cryin' out loud, I know too much about this, don't I ??

AKB48 sound awful to my ears but to each his own...I see and hear nothing to rate highly...

As always I am pleased to be proven wrong!

Good grief I hate the way Japan sexualises the school girl look...it's bad enough Britney did it nearly two decades ago! Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

JB:

Oshimen ??

akb7866.jpg

I'm not into pedophilia.

I was just being sarcastic . "I can't pick one because that would mean I am a pervert"

Geddy is my Oshi too

:)

Yuko Oshima was in the top spot for a long time, and she retired at the age of 27 last year ..

For cryin' out loud, I know too much about this, don't I ??

Yes, you know too much about this. :LOL:

And "retiring at age 27" is what I was talking about earlier in having a very short shelf life. (And having little to do with music). The members can't continue because the producers/managers that crafted their image deem it so. If they continue in entertainment, at best, they'd become actresses or some useless "tv tarento" ((tv talent)) in one of dozens of crappy j-tv programs. It'd be rare for any j-pop idol to launch into a successful solo career.

JB:

Oshimen ??

akb7866.jpg

I'm not into pedophilia.

The fact they are that age trying to look like attractive kawaii school girls makes me retch.

I have Japanese friends and they are embarrassed when people ask if they like this sort of stuff (not getting at anyone who does, I do enjoy some asian pop).

• Like 1

JB:

Oshimen ??

akb7866.jpg

I'm not into pedophilia.

The fact they are that age trying to look like attractive kawaii school girls makes me retch.

I have Japanese friends and they are embarrassed when people ask if they like this sort of stuff (not getting at anyone who does, I do enjoy some asian pop).

Your second paragraph...

Any j-friend out here over 20 laughs if asked if they like ((insert idol group name)). They laugh because they'd never like such a group...and the idea of the groups themselves are somewhat ridiculous. NOBODY I know has EVER referred to them as "bands" or "music". It's always, "Japanese idols", "groups", and "They have that song called (x)."

Adult males OUT HERE that are into j-girl idol groups are...hmm...peculiar. I'll leave it at that. But this idea of peculiarity is standard.

[edited to change "groups" to "bands"]

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

JB:

Oshimen ??

akb7866.jpg

I'm not into pedophilia.

Your second paragraph...

Any j-friend out here over 20 laughs if asked if they like ((insert idol group name)). They laugh because they'd never like such a group...and the idea of the groups themselves are somewhat ridiculous. NOBODY I know has EVER referred to them as "groups" or "music". It's always, "Japanese idols", "groups", and "They have that song called (x)."

Adult males OUT HERE that are into j-girl idol groups are...hmm...peculiar. I'll leave it at that. But this idea of peculiarity is standard.

Interesting...this is virtually what my friends said as well.

They must have a massive teen fanbase, if this is the case.

Either way, to each his own. Lucas finds much to enjoy in the music, and considering I do like some k-pop (not much), I can understand the appeal.

I love Fifth Harmony (US girl group), against all my good judgement, so go figure haha!

• Like 1

JB:

Oshimen ??

akb7866.jpg

I'm not into pedophilia.

Your second paragraph...

Any j-friend out here over 20 laughs if asked if they like ((insert idol group name)). They laugh because they'd never like such a group...and the idea of the groups themselves are somewhat ridiculous. NOBODY I know has EVER referred to them as "bands" or "music". It's always, "Japanese idols", "groups", and "They have that song called (x)."

Interesting...this is virtually what my friends said as well.

They must have a massive teen fanbase, if this is the case.

Yes, the fanbase is massive and it's almost exclusively girls under 20.

Good grief I hate the way Japan sexualises the school girl look...

Yeah I hear you.

And I'm guessing you've simply seen the tip of the iceberg because being out here in it can be disturbing when I stop and think about it.

Japan...I love to hate it or hate to love it but it is what it is and whatever...

I love kitsch, what can I say ??

There are dozens and dozens of acts with cute girls, etc, but just as I do with The Bay City Rollers and KISS, I will forever defend the greatness of AKB's songs

Imitated, ridiculed, mocked, etc, but all phenoms nonetheless .. and great songs

Segue, I probably can't convert JB at this point, but here's my best shot for you:

( sorry, you tube here in the USA has restricted most JPOP videos, AKB being one of them )

http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/AKB48---Majisuka-Rock-%2526%2523039%253Bn-Roll-%2528Polish-Subs%2529/002157b389ab4148bc765e6baa8de3e5

http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/AKB48---Majisuka-Rock-%2526%2523039%253Bn-Roll-%2528Polish-Subs%2529/002157b389ab4148bc765e6baa8de3e5

Segue, I love KPOP too

Heart & Mind and Sistar are my favorites

but something new needs to come along soon as the entire scene is very stale at this point

But these are classic IMHO

Edited by Lucas

There is still a very off-putting mentality in the USA among metal fans - the idiots that feel Phil Anselmo hailing Hitler and blurting out "white power" is funny or that there is nothing wrong with it ..

That sh!t has always sickened me, but the electricity of metal is something I will always love and be drawn to

Having said that, I am very thankful for some of the bands that have come out of Japan

Kitsch, cheese, whatever - I like it

It's escapism , and that's fine by me

There are dozens and dozens of acts with cute girls, etc, but just as I do with The Bay City Rollers and KISS, I will forever defend the greatness of AKB's songs

Imitated, ridiculed, mocked, etc, but all phenoms nonetheless .. and great songs

Segue, I probably can't convert JB at this point, but here's my best shot for you:

( sorry, you tube here in the USA has restricted most JPOP videos, AKB being one of them )

Convert me to something I've experienced a million times over?...and still do because I'm constantly bathed in its sounds in tv commercials, on trains, in department stores,...everywhere man. The only thing I can't decide is which is worse: idol group music or enka?

Don't waste your time trying to convert me or defending it. You've got as much chance of defending it against me as I do of convincing you that it's shit.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

It is OK Lucas.

In spite of the concern of many a metalhead, I have forever loved the songs of TLC, Destinys Child, Madonna, ABBA, Taylor Swift, Fifth Harmony, En Vogue and many more...I love female vocals and I love good pop hooks.

It's all good!

• Like 2

It is OK Lucas.

In spite of the concern of many a metalhead, I have forever loved the songs of TLC, Destinys Child, Madonna, ABBA, Taylor Swift, Fifth Harmony, En Vogue and many more...I love female vocals and I love good pop hooks.

It's all good!

Hey, one of those is tolerable & one is great!!! ;)

It is OK Lucas.

It's all good!

What ones?

It is OK Lucas.

It's all good!

What ones?

I'll let the tolerable one remain a mystery but guess my great one then I'll let you know which one it is.

Convert me to something I've experienced a million times over?...and still do because I'm constantly bathed in its sounds in tv commercials, on trains, in department stores,...everywhere man. The only thing I can't decide is which is worse: idol group music or enka?

Don't waste your time trying to convert me or defending it. You've got as much chance of defending it against me as I do of convincing you that it's shit.

ok party pooper

http://www.djamaya.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/shibuyapunch2.gif

Edited by Lucas

It is OK Lucas.

It's all good!

What ones?

I'll let the tolerable one remain a mystery but guess my great one then I'll let you know which one it is.

Well the great one is ABBA whether or not you accept hahaha!!

• Like 1

Segue, I think you would like and appreciate this one .. It is completely removed from anything else they ever did, and pretty much anything in the pop genre ..

This is a hell of a piece of music, and I dare say a beautiful song ... The others are pop, this is fantastic

I would put it next to ABBA as far as beauty

http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/-AKB48---Sakura-no-Shiori-%2528eng-subbed%2529/4f983ff13df6411214fabd6a87f84a56

Japan culture is odd.. the whole school girl thing is a bit fuct. I'm lucky and sooo proud to have 15 year old daughter who sees that shit coming a mile away and won't go near their product! :)

The metal is wicked I'm sure, only heard a couple things but the culture over there seems to be to take trends to extremes.. with bright simple colors everywhere. Don't even get get me started on how the kids customize their vehicles.. it's damn silly lol

I just learned that's it's impossible to find a picture online of a japanese girl standing anywhere near one of them stupid cars haha!

It is OK Lucas.

It's all good!

What ones?

Well the great one is ABBA whether or not you accept hahaha!!

:LOL:

Bingo! Yes, I think ABBA is the great one on there.

• Like 1