When will the next new RUSH studio album be released?

treeduck

When will the next new RUSH studio album be released?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next new RUSH studio album be released?

• This year
    • Never, Clockwork Angels is their last.

Three votes for this year? HAHAHAHAHA!!! That's the funniest thing I have read on here all year long so far...............

"2113" coming to record stores in early November!!!!!!!!

The new Hemispheres sequel is coming in 2017 too.

If you throw away the joke votes for 2112 and ASSUMING the "this year" votes were not serious, that's 15 votes for 2017-2020 vs 17 for "Never". That's a lot closer than I'd expect even IF most of/all those 15 votes were more like "it's possible" than "will".

Three votes for this year? HAHAHAHAHA!!! That's the funniest thing I have read on here all year long so far...............

Clearly a joke I know BUT do you remember when TRF initially heard that tease of the first 1-3 seconds for Far Cry? Some were creaming and proclaimed it was going to be Hemispheres part 2.

Clearly a joke I know BUT do you remember when TRF initially heard that tease of the first 1-3 seconds for Far Cry? Some were creaming and proclaimed it was going to be Hemispheres part 2.

They obviously heard Hemispheres in that part after recording it and released that bit first on purpose to get all the nerdish fanboys worked up.

They obviously heard Hemispheres in that part after recording it and released that bit first on purpose to get all the nerdish fanboys worked up.

Yeah, that was discussed in the thread. I'm too lazy to search for it. I don't remember the discussion being all that interesting anyway.

Snakes is at the bottom of the heap or second from the bottom for me.

Yeah, that was discussed in the thread. I'm too lazy to search for it. I don't remember the discussion being all that interesting anyway.

I don't mind it but then I never expected a masterpiece and half the time it's about how much expectation you have.

Booooooooooooo

Booooooooooooo

Boooooooooooo on your boooooooooo :LOL:

Bones vs Snakes...the worst of Bones is worse than the worst of Snakes, but the best of Bones (though not many good moments unfortunately) I probably like more than Snakes' best.

I voted never but I'm holding out hope that Neil will become interested at some point. He pretty clearly is only interested in writing books and riding his bike right now, but maybe at some point his yearnings will gravitate towards a new Rush album. It's really impossible to predict how Neil will feel 1-2 years from now.

I am hopeful but it is waning. I think the best we can really expect is something not Rush from Geddy, Alex and ??? It's not what I want but I am also being realistic with the vibes coming from them. Edited by catherine
  • Like 1

Never. If I just say never, then I won't feel let down when they don't. If they do, then it will be a pleasant surprise. Then we can spend months dissecting Neil's lyrics and decide whether or not his time off made his lyrics more prickish or less.
  • Like 1

If you throw away the joke votes for 2112 and ASSUMING the "this year" votes were not serious, that's 15 votes for 2017-2020 vs 17 for "Never". That's a lot closer than I'd expect even IF most of/all those 15 votes were more like "it's possible" than "will".

Half the world hopes...
  • Like 1

Half the world hopes...

I'm in the half that waits.