Underrated Albums by Popular Artist

Bigbobby10

Idea - Bee Gees

Great 1960's pop. Strong, eclectic songwriting. Lovely melodies and harmonies. And, get this, they were an actual band!

(Untitled) - The Byrds

A double album. LP 1 is a great live representation of late-era Byrds. They could play. Listen to the 16 minute version of "Eight Miles High"... it's proggy! LP 2 is a collection of studio tracks highlighted by the magnificent "Chestnut Mare". Great Americana music.

New Morning - Bob Dylan

Simply a solid collection of songs. No surprise coming from Mr. Zimmerman. "Sign on the Window" is the great unsung Dylan song.

Back to the Egg - Paul McCartney & Wings

I never understood why this album was derided. It's a blueprint of McCartney's eclectic songwriting talent. "Arrow Through Me" is a lost Macca classic.

Night in the Ruts - Aerosmith

The Rolling Stones meets Led Zeppelin in a dirty, nasty dive bar. Riffs galore and dirty rock and roll confidence. "No Surprize" is among Aerosmith's best songs.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 3

Why hasn't ReGorLaTory posted End of the Century? :huh:

I swear I was just going to! I actually thought, "hmm, even the Ramones didn't like this one when it came out". It is my favourite Ramones album. Edited by ReGorLaTroy

Magic- Bruce Springsteen

Drastic Measures- Kansas

Power- Kansas

Styx/Styx II- Styx

• Like 2

Counterparts, Test For Echo, and Vapor Trails

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

Iron Maiden - everything after 1999

Not sure why you're mentioning Maiden. Everything since Bruce and Adrian returned has gotten plenty of praise from both critics and fans. They are one of the few veteran bands who get just about as much love for their new stuff as they do their old material.

Not sure why you're mentioning Maiden. Everything since Bruce and Adrian returned has gotten plenty of praise from both critics and fans. They are one of the few veteran bands who get just about as much love for their new stuff as they do their old material.

An underrated Maiden album would be any album minus Bruce not released in the nineties...

An underrated Maiden album would be any album minus Bruce not released in the nineties...

Carry the two...wheres my head scratching icon when I Need it?

Perhaps it's just a few folks, then. Sometimes I hear people complaining about their newer stuff and only wanting to hear the 80's material. Those fans seem to prefer the less proggy Maiden and more NWBHM like Priest.

I retract my Maiden statement, then.

Perhaps it's just a few folks, then. Sometimes I hear people complaining about their newer stuff and only wanting to hear the 80's material. Those fans seem to prefer the less proggy Maiden and more NWBHM like Priest.

I retract my Maiden statement, then.

The only recent Maiden album I don't like much is Book Of Souls. I have proclaimed my love for the rest many times, and so have many others on this forum! And elsewhere...

In the UK, they are unavoidable for weeks when they release an album.