Live versions of songs from Caress of Steel

New_World_Man

Fountain Of Lamneth, never played live.

Not true....

I was at Massey Hall when they headlined on the COS tour and they most definitely played PARTS of The Fountain in a weird kind of medley with The Necromancer. The parts they played were even in a different order than the album version but it WAS played.

Take Care

So they played the 8-Track version then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not true....

I was at Massey Hall when they headlined on the COS tour and they most definitely played PARTS of The Fountain in a weird kind of medley with The Necromancer. The parts they played were even in a different order than the album version but it WAS played.

Take Care

Please, go ahead . . . I'm all ears

Diff Stages Disc 3 has Bastille Day. Does r40 have Lakeside?

You ever think they themselves feel the songs were total missteps and stink

No. I do sometimes think that we aren't worthy of hearing such greatness and thus they punish us by not playing those epics from COS.

Fantastic answer LOL!!!!

Those bastards!!!!! LOL!!!

I do wish they would have given us a morsel of the Necromancer somehow.....always dug that tune. TFOL......could care less.

Not true....

Take Care

This is a great reveal. That bogus set list from this show shouldn't have fooled anyone but an eye witness account finally! Thanks for sharing

Not true....

Take Care

This is a great reveal. That bogus set list from this show shouldn't have fooled anyone but an eye witness account finally! Thanks for sharing

LOL... No problem! This topic seems to come up a couple times a year and I usually respond with the same answer. I can't really comment on the rest of the set list as it WAS 40 years ago and I was only 15 years old at the time but definitely remember them playing the "new" stuff...

I saw Steven Wilson at Massey Hall last week and it was very cool to look around the room and pick out the exact seats I had all those years ago for the Rush / Fly By Night show, the COS show and the two nights of 2112 / ATWAS recording. I just love that place and hope like hell they decide to do an extended set of shows there.

Hear Again,

I realize I'm asking you to remember 40-year old specifics, but if parts of The Fountain were truly played at Massey Hall, does the following sound about right to you:

-The Necromancer (up until the end of the narration "...trapped in his lair...")

-Didacts and Narpets drum solo

-Bacchus Plateau

-Panacea

-The Necromancer (final movement)

Looking at that rather vicious review article from the show, maybe that author wasn't full of it after all...and I could see Rush organizing a medley like this with maybe a verse or two cut from "The Fountain" songs. What do you think??

On 3/11/2016 at 10:04 AM, Hear Again said:

LOL... No problem! This topic seems to come up a couple times a year and I usually respond with the same answer. I can't really comment on the rest of the set list as it WAS 40 years ago and I was only 15 years old at the time but definitely remember them playing the "new" stuff...

I saw Steven Wilson at Massey Hall last week and it was very cool to look around the room and pick out the exact seats I had all those years ago for the Rush / Fly By Night show, the COS show and the two nights of 2112 / ATWAS recording. I just love that place and hope like hell they decide to do an extended set of shows there.

Hi Hear Again,

I'm writing a paper on the topic of The Fountain Of Lamneth and January 10, 1976. I know I'm asking you to remember specifics about the show from almost 50 years ago, but what songs do you remember them playing (even if you're not entirely sure) and if you happen to remember the order they roughly went in? 

Thanks!

• Like 1