I just wanted to show you guys my latest Rush item that I bought.

YYZumbi

I remember seeing these when they were out originally and I never got one. I wish I had. Very cool looking. These were popular for a time but I always heard that they didn't sound as good as the regular records which is why they didn't last long.

I worked in a record shop late 70s .Pic discs were really only for collector/display only.Colored vinyl wasn't much better.I remember the worst pic disc was Dark Side of the Moon,unplayable,bubble blisters all over the disc and the prism and rays all distorted
  • Like 1

I remember seeing these when they were out originally and I never got one. I wish I had. Very cool looking. These were popular for a time but I always heard that they didn't sound as good as the regular records which is why they didn't last long.

I worked in a record shop late 70s .Pic discs were really only for collector/display only.Colored vinyl wasn't much better.I remember the worst pic disc was Dark Side of the Moon,unplayable,bubble blisters all over the disc and the prism and rays all distorted

I have a couple of different colored vinyl records, a pink Frampton Comes Alive and a red Who Are You by The Who. They sound the same as the black vinyl.

I think it's OK. Picture discs are nothing special when the object of attention is a man butt and an English bloke with a cane.

I would like to see the AFTK one though!

Man butts are great, what are you talking about

That's pretty cool-looking, Zumbi. To be honest I'd like to get one of those, even if I don't have a record player, because I just like having shelves full of pretty things.

Get a bigger shelf and buy a pretty record player..? :)

• Like 1

My Hemispheres picture disc! Does it not look lovely?

http://i.imgur.com/OmoIkiZ.jpg

I love it! I have four of them! Also 4 red vinyl versions.

Yep.

Greatest album ever made.

What in the flying f**k do you need 4 of them + 4 red vinyls for? To match your number of nuts and red nuts? You're nuts! Tricked by circumstances!

Hemispheres has never left my Rush top 3 (being #1 on occasion and #2 often). Monsters!

What? I don´t have 4 picture discs... and I for sure don´t have any red Hemispheres... I wish I did, but I don´t...

They are out there! You just have to put in the time and the energy to find them. I hope you have a used record store near you. They are a dying breed which is sad.

I

I was never fond of that picture disc (I only just got one a few years ago.) I like the red vinyl Hemispheres much better so I have some of those. I guess those are impossible to find now. I don't know.

My favorite Rush picture disc is either The Garden, the Space Shuttle, or the Rush Through Time picture the disc.

Yep.

What in the flying f**k do you need 4 of them + 4 red vinyls for? To match your number of nuts and red nuts? You're nuts! Tricked by circumstances!

Hemispheres has never left my Rush top 3 (being #1 on occasion and #2 often). Monsters!

Hey Johnny!

I thought of this thread today! I went shopping and found a red vinyl Hemispheres today! Had to buy it. 20 USD!

• Like 2

Yep.

Hey Johnny!

I thought of this thread today! I went shopping and found a red vinyl Hemispheres today! Had to buy it. 20 USD!

Only one?!!

You're slipping!!!

There is unrest in the forest!!!

Yep.

Hey Johnny!

Did it come with the poster? Those things are almost as hard to come by these days.

Yep.

Hey Johnny!

Did it come with the poster? Those things are almost as hard to come by these days.

I've also found a red one with a poster in Toronto two weeks ago. Cost me 40 CAD so not too bad :)

• Like 1

Yep.

Hey Johnny!

I've also found a red one with a poster in Toronto two weeks ago. Cost me 40 CAD so not too bad :)

I suppose they are getting even more rare with the vinyl renaissance.

• Like 1