it just dawned on me...

JBsDWdrums

Grew up a Kiss fan...coverted to Rush around 79... here's the thing...battles have ensued between fanbases...who is better?... whose fans are better..?... etc...well....

Its 1979 ....again...going into 1980.... Kiss does Dynasty...without basically 2 founding members for crissake...Criss never plays a note......Rush drops Permanent Waves...heralding an entirely new era....no comparison....the "opener" kills the headliner.....Rush...much greater than Kiss....

Drops mic......

Edited by JBsDWdrums
  • Like 3

Kiss:

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./876/493/luckycharms.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Rush:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/sites/default/files/recipe_images/recipe-image-legacy-id--740567_11.jpg

Yeah, I used to like Lucky Charms. And every blue moon I still might want a bowl of it. However, I can eat roast beef in all its succulent glory every day for the rest of my life.

• Like 16

I really can't stand KISS. However, I'm glad they gave Rush a shot.

Thanks dudes

My sentiments exactly.

• Like 2

Thanks dudes

I truly love anything by KISS from the first KISS album up through the solo albums...and they gave Rush a shot as Tombstone said, so they are ok in my book!

• Like 3

Thanks dudes

I truly love anything by KISS from the first KISS album up through the solo albums...and they gave Rush a shot as Tombstone said, so they are ok in my book!

The first album is the best thing they ever did.

Thanks dudes

woooooooooooooooooooooooa black diamond!

• Like 2

Grew up a Kiss fan...coverted to Rush around 79... here's the thing...battles have ensued between fanbases...who is better?... whose fans are better..?... etc...well....

Its 1979 ....again...going into 1980.... Kiss does Dynasty...without basically 2 founding members for crissake...Criss never plays a note......Rush drops Permanent Waves...heralding an entirely new era....no comparison....the "opener" kills the headliner.....Rush...much greater than Kiss....

Drops mic......

Dynasty has a 3 songs on it that Ace sings - two written by Ace himself and a fantastic cover of the Stones' 2000 Man ... Peter Criss has one song on the album that he wrote and played on ...

Just please, get the facts straight before posting

Rush is an all time favorite band of mine - I love 'em

But KISS is one of about three musical outfits in the history of mankind that transcend the term "band"

If you were a flaming youth circa 1974-1978, KISS was your band - and most likely, still is

KISS touched something in the cast outs, the tweeners, the kids who lived for something more that was never understood outside their own world

Rush was great, but they were not KISS ... and to their credit, no other band ever was

• Like 1

I think the Lucky Charms/Roast Beef comparison is most apt

Loved KISS Alive! Kind of gave up on them after the solos and Dynasty - although I thought Dynasty was a decent record. Came back to them with COTN but have not bought a KISS album since Alive III or Unplugged. I liked what Gene said "KISS isn't good taste - it just tastes good" or something along those lines

• Like 1

The Lucky Charms comparison is too superficial

KISS tapped into something that went way beyond music ... It was - it IS - something unspoken, youthful and universal .. It was the music, but also, much much more

THIS is KISS as much as Rock And Roll All Night is KISS, starting from my own world circa 1978

This is the real world - most everything else, still at age 48, it just a bore

Creation can go beyond the music, you know

http://s26.postimg.org/ec69lz1q1/Halloween.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0226/pg2_kiss02_576.jpg

kissjapanwinners.jpg

671161b69ca01f77a29f04ad5f181739.jpg

http://s26.postimg.org/s7l6sziwo/Kiss_Cadillac_Kiss_Blvd.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Thanks dudes

Just the opposite of Rush. I like all the holier than thou people in this thread. KISS is a outstanding band, for what they do. They put on a helluva show and play some hard rockin' (mostly) music.

• Like 3

I had ALL the 1st 5 KISS records on 8 Track.

Then I discovered Rush.

I never owned Rush on 8 Track because I'd had moved on from my childish ways.

I had ALL the 1st 5 KISS records on 8 Track.

Then I discovered Rush.

I never owned Rush on 8 Track because I'd had moved on from my childish ways.

As evidenced by your avatar

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Drops mic......

Dynasty has a 3 songs on it that Ace sings - two written by Ace himself and a fantastic cover of the Stones' 2000 Man ... Peter Criss has one song on the album that he wrote and played on ...

Just please, get the facts straight before posting

Rush is an all time favorite band of mine - I love 'em

But KISS is one of about three musical outfits in the history of mankind that transcend the term "band"

If you were a flaming youth circa 1974-1978, KISS was your band - and most likely, still is

KISS touched something in the cast outs, the tweeners, the kids who lived for something more that was never understood outside their own world

Rush was great, but they were not KISS ... and to their credit, no other band ever was

I would have still preferred Aerosmith.

• Like 1

After this thread, I had some Lucky Charms. First album. I only have one other box, Hotter than Hell.

I've only had two favorite bands my whole life. Kiss was first, followed by Rush since age 9 or 10.

This is as good as any entrée from any other band

Entire Main Course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jHVkX3B6Ic

You're too serious. Think about this: Destroyer was the album that made them my favorite band. I used to place tracing paper over the album then copy it. Then do it again. I was 6. I did the same for Rock and Roll Over.

Also in the late 70s, I used to draw pictures of Kiss vs The Avengers. There was a comic out at the time that DID have Kiss & the Avengers. One of the gimmicks was that Kiss' own blood was in the ink used for those comics. You probably know all this already.

Put it this way: if you offered me a bowl of Lucky Charms, I'd say, "Cool, thanks. I used to gobble this stuff up." But I can't say that I'd be drooling over it like I used to.

• Like 1