Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

Good grief, Joe Buck doing golf again...Yuck

Yep, don't like him calling the Open at all. He's better than the first year Fox covered it, but he still bugs me.

Shinnecock was chewing up the big names in the early groups. Later groups have settled in.

Some serious carnage going on out there. Having said that, the fact Poulter and Piercy shot 1 under shows that it is possible.

Four guys under par at -1, Dufner even, and the rest over par. A four putt from Tiger, Rory gets a six on a par 3...things were tough out there.

Friday promises to bring yet another change in the winds, so that looming doubt of club selection could cause more problems.

Really, Phil?

That was actually kind of funny...

He just wanted to stop the bleeding and I’m sure the crowd appreciated that sentiment.

Fowler shoots 84

This one really surprised me. Phil blowing up and some of the others didn't...

Wonder if Fox will even show Finau and Berger tomorrow. Can't stand their golf coverage...

Fowler shoots 84

Have you read any of the stuff with the pros complaining about the course? They are not pleased with the firm conditions.

Fowler shoots 84

Have you read any of the stuff with the pros complaining about the course? They are not pleased with the firm conditions.

Yep. It got away from them once again. I am betting tomorrow will be different. DJ's 18th hole was the perfect example. Two beautifully played shots resulted in an impossible putt. The result, 3 putt bogey...
  • Like 1

Fowler shoots 84

Hack.

It's karma for stealing that patch of turf for his office in the Farmers builiding. But even more, for the coverup.

• Like 1

Fowler shoots 84

Hack.

It's karma for stealing that patch of turf for his office in the Farmers builiding. But even more, for the coverup.

:LOL:
  • Like 1

Wonder if Fox will even show Finau and Berger tomorrow. Can't stand their golf coverage...

But they were right that the crowd really has turned on Phil. I don't think he'll ever recover in the public's eyes...

:)

But they were right that the crowd really has turned on Phil. I don't think he'll ever recover in the public's eyes...

Phil's career is 99% over anyway, so what he did this weekend really doesn't matter. He will never come close to winning another Major again.

Fowler shoots 84

Yep. It got away from them once again. I am betting tomorrow will be different. DJ's 18th hole was the perfect example. Two beautifully played shots resulted in an impossible putt. The result, 3 putt bogey...

Fowler goes -5 and Fleetwood -7. Did they over-adjust?

Phil's career is 99% over anyway, so what he did this weekend really doesn't matter. He will never come close to winning another Major again.

Damn that psoriatic arthritis.

Narps!!!

Kisner on fire to grab the lead on day one of the Open.

:cheerleader:

Yep. It comes out of nowhere too. He's been playing pretty awful all year. I don't hold out much hope he'll keep it up...

Narps!!!

Kisner on fire to grab the lead on day one of the Open.

:cheerleader:

Yep. It comes out of nowhere too. He's been playing pretty awful all year. I don't hold out much hope he'll keep it up...

Well, Kisner just drained a long birdie putt to get to -7 at the turn. It doesn't look like weather will be a problem, and there's already one 65 posted today, so here's hoping.

Ten guys at or within two strokes of -6 after Kisner gives one back on the second nine. Spieth back in it as well at -3. Should be a great two final days of golf!
  • Like 2

Did you see that drive by Spieth on #1? 380 to 15 feet, which he made for eagle. Not a bad start.

And it's great to see Tiger have a good round. He just stuffed that 9-iron on #10.

• Like 1

Did you see that drive by Spieth on #1? 380 to 15 feet, which he made for eagle. Not a bad start.

And it's great to see Tiger have a good round. He just stuffed that 9-iron on #10.

And has an eagle putt on 11

Just one back on moving day.

Just one back on moving day.

Although I don't think the leader will be minus 6 at days end. My guess is either 9 or 10 will be the number, and that's probably conservative.