Is Neil too analytical and philisophical to be a "rockstar"?

fraroc

Why do rock stars have to be knuckle dragging, womanizing, idiotic, alcoholic, drug addicted criminals? Neil is not all of these so he can't be a rock star?

You do know that's not what I was implying at all...Of course he's not those things, he never was.

Being a rockstar to me is this, you make music, you get famous from that music, and you have fun. That's it.

Which of these things is he not doing to your satisfaction then?

He isn't Gene Simmons.

Which is news to me, I thought he was.

lol

I missed this one the first time around

One gene Simmons was enough. Some would say it was actually one too many.

Amen to that.

Gene Simmons would probably say...Gene Simmons.

you know, he probably gets royalties from the internet every time his name is typed

Why do rock stars have to be knuckle dragging, womanizing, idiotic, alcoholic, drug addicted criminals? Neil is not all of these so he can't be a rock star?

You do know that's not what I was implying at all...Of course he's not those things, he never was.

Being a rockstar to me is this, you make music, you get famous from that music, and you have fun. That's it.

He isn't Gene Simmons.

lol

Amen to that.

you know, he probably gets royalties from the internet every time his name is typed

Chaim Wick

He isn't Gene Simmons.

lol

Amen to that.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/7650381fe66ff69a195737167ebb788f/tumblr_mhixlbp7mW1qedb29o1_500.gif

If KISS music really was the devils music they might actually be worth listening to.

All jokes aside ( if that is actually possible ), but that is a great movie ... KISS fan or not

He isn't Gene Simmons.

lol

Amen to that.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/7650381fe66ff69a195737167ebb788f/tumblr_mhixlbp7mW1qedb29o1_500.gif

If KISS music really was the devils music they might actually be worth listening to.

All jokes aside ( if that is actually possible ), but that is a great movie ... KISS fan or not

What is if? kiss meets rhe phantom??

Haha

He isn't Gene Simmons.

lol

Amen to that.

What is if? kiss meets rhe phantom??

Haha

lol

noooo

Detroit Rock City

Even back in the 6th grade, I didn't want to go back to school on Monday after seeing KISS Meets The Phantom - I was embarrassed

• Like 1

He isn't Gene Simmons.

lol

Amen to that.

Chaim Wick

Witz

• Like 2

He isn't Gene Simmons.

lol

Amen to that.

Chaim Wick

Witz

Oh thank you.

queef

What does this mean?

Its rhe sound coming out of his vajajay

Ooooooh

• Like 1

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/8b/8b56c94f9388d790225477a49caba5ced544c160de37b4d55c0ebcf1f5ff751a.jpg

My dog does that...stupid neighbors have planters without any fencing so it's basically a bunny buffet. My dog appointed herself as their garden defender and lays poo traps when I'm not looking.

• Like 1

Rock n roll is one of those things you just can't overthink, sometimes you need to let loose a little bit and not really care about certain things.

Calling a city the greatest Rock city in the world isn't dishonesty, it's showmanship. It's not some grandiose statement, it's to get the crowd going.

Edited by fraroc

Rock n roll is one of those things you just can't overthink, sometimes you need to let loose a little bit and not really care about certain things.

Calling a city the greatest Rock city in the world isn't dishonesty, it's showmanship. It's not some grandiose statement, it's to get the crowd going.

Fraroc, just stop.

Like....stop.

You are becoming a parody.

Showmanship is thankfully diverse for a reason. The very reasons you seem to praise KISS are the very reasons I feel turned off. However, the more serious (but goofily endearing) nature of Rush (or Nightwish or...Yes) are far more my cup of tea.

I ain't crying coz they aren't the same, or all in general agreement with each other.

Yet 90% of your posts involve overthinking, not letting loose a bit, and overly caring about certain things involving Rush/rock.

So in this thread you're questioning if Peart is/was too analytical/philosophical to be a rock star. And in the other thread you're ripping him for not wanting to be one anymore.

• Like 4

Yet 90% of your posts involve overthinking, not letting loose a bit, and overly caring about certain things involving Rush/rock.

So in this thread you're questioning if Peart is/was too analytical/philosophical to be a rock star. And in the other thread you're ripping him for not wanting to be one anymore.

I think he should have said "you shouldn't overthink" not "you can't overthink," because obviously he does.

• Like 1

I always thought Geddy Lee was too grammatical to be a rock star. In "Take a Friend," he could have sang "Someone that you can always depend on" - but he sang "Someone on whom you can always depend." Classy guy - he didn't end the line with a preposition.

Anyway, these guys aren't rock stars. They're rock gods. There's a huge difference.

• Like 5

I always thought Geddy Lee was too grammatical to be a rock star. In "Take a Friend," he could have sang "Someone that you can always depend on" - but he sang "Someone on whom you can always depend." Classy guy - he didn't end the line with a preposition.

Anyway, these guys aren't rock stars. They're rock gods. There's a huge difference.

Now that is how you make a point !

100% true

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

100% true

You know what else is 100% true?? Permanent Waves = 1979.

(Now for some Shang-a-Lang.)

• Like 2

100% true

You know what else is 100% true?? Permanent Waves = 1979.

(Now for some Shang-a-Lang.)

lol

You asked

This is actually pretty good

EDIT

I woke my dog up laughing at the 3:09 mark

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Until he stars in Ugly Betty and wears so much makeup he starts crushing on himself, no way can Fraroc endorse the rock star icon that is the Peart.

The purpose of this thread is to help Neil see the error of his ways.

Less talent, Peart, and more mascara dammit!

I hope Neil doesn't see this thread and decide to change his entire personality into that of a low functioning mouth-breathing surface-thinker just to please you.. I prefer the thoughtful intelligent Neil.