Rush song lyriccs not written by Neil Peart (post first album)

New_World_Man

Here's the full list.

Best I Can: Written by Geddy

In The End: Written by Geddy

Lessons: Written by Alex

Tears: Written by Geddy

Cinderella Man: Written by Geddy

Closer To The Heart: Written by Peter Talbot

Different Strings: Written by Geddy

Tom Sawyer: Written by Pye Dubois

Chemistry: Written by Geddy and Alex

Force Ten: Written by Pye Dubois

Between Sun and Moon: Written by Pye Dubois

Test For Echo: Written by Pye Dubois

Bumping this i always thought alex wrote lessons . Yet rush.com has neil listed?

https://www.rush.com/albums/2112/

And tears too?

lol, rush.com

and :facepalm:

• Like 3

Here's the full list.

Best I Can: Written by Geddy

In The End: Written by Geddy

Lessons: Written by Alex

Tears: Written by Geddy

Cinderella Man: Written by Geddy

Closer To The Heart: Written by Peter Talbot

Different Strings: Written by Geddy

Tom Sawyer: Written by Pye Dubois

Chemistry: Written by Geddy and Alex

Force Ten: Written by Pye Dubois

Between Sun and Moon: Written by Pye Dubois

Test For Echo: Written by Pye Dubois

Bumping this i always thought alex wrote lessons . Yet rush.com has neil listed?

https://www.rush.com/albums/2112/

And tears too?

Who are they outsourcing this stuff out to now?

I was under the impression either CTTH or TS was a collaboration between Peart and the outside source.

I was under the impression either CTTH or TS was a collaboration between Peart and the outside source.

Peter Talbot co-wrote the lyrics for Closer To The Heart and Pye Dubois did the same for Tom Sawyer, Force Ten, Between Sun and Moon and Test For Echo.

That's what it was originally anyway because Neil is also on the original credits. Don't know much about copyright law to speculate if that's why it changed or if someone just did a poor researching job.

Edited by ytserush
  • Like 1

There’s very little difference between Pye Dubois’ original lyrics “A Lake Between Sun and Moon” and the final Rush version of “Between Sun and Moon”. Just sayin’.

I’m sure you can find him reading his version on YouTube if you’re interested.

There’s very little difference between Pye Dubois’ original lyrics “A Lake Between Sun and Moon” and the final Rush version of “Between Sun and Moon”. Just sayin’.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dhn1IvLPU5UM&ved=0ahUKEwjBkuHVhcHaAhUj44MKHemyBMEQwqsBCCAwAA&usg=AOvVaw1hATUMaBXE6T2yUERR8Ujl
  • Like 1

I thought it was fairly common knowledge by now that anything attributed to "Neil Peart" was in fact written by Christopher Marlowe.
  • Like 2

I was never really blown away by that. Maybe it's because I'm used to hearing music with it.

• Like 1

I was never really blown away by that. Maybe it's because I'm used to hearing music with it.

I'm not blown away either. Just stating it.

Interesting enough poetry/lyrics. More important is that I like the song itself.

• Like 2

I'm not blown away either. Just stating it.

Interesting enough poetry/lyrics. More important is that I like the song itself.

The difference, however small is significant, I think. I can dig the poem, and was pleasantly surprised with his phrasing of it in general and appreciate the meaning more having heard it, even though I still like the song loads more. For me, it's his reading that lacks lustre. Ged does it justice.

• Like 1

Weird. I was just thinking about this today because I looking at the initital list I had printed. Someone said Geddy and Alex wrote chemistry but apparently they only started on it but Neil wrote most of the lyrics or at least fleshed them out. Also, Neil apparently co wrote stuff with Pye it wasn't mostly Pye on those tracks(at least according to wikipedia).