I Am Only Two Songs In On The R40 Blu-Ray And I Have "Tears" In My Eyes! I Am Very Concerned About Neil's Heath!

RUSHHEAD666

Guys, the boys sound great on this bluray so far. Geddy and Alex look great.

Now don't get me wrong, Neil sounds great on the kit but watching him up close seriously concerns me.

I can't believe the weight he has put on.

I am not here to rip Neil but I am sad.

He's my MAN damnit and I am very worried.

I am holding back the tears as I type this thread. Ok I can't hold them back.

I can't believe this reality.

I can truly see how Neil is done.

He needs to get off his fuckking BMW motorcycle and back on a damn bicycle!!! WTF?

I saw three R40 shows but even in the front row I couldn't see his big ass body gut.

I don't get it.

He fukking won't quit cigarettes either I bet. Fuckingg red apples.

NEIL YOU ARE MY MUSE! MY MAJOR INFLUENCE IN DRUMMING!!!

GET HEALTHY YOU CRAZY CANUCK!

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!

Of course I am NOT hero worshipping.

I am a drummer.

I am a damn good drummer because of Neil and my own "FREEWILL" to play hard and to play for 35 years!!!

I am in fear of Neil's heath! This is me trying to be serious now.

On the day that Neil passes away I really don't know what I will do with myself.

Take a week off from work and play every Rush album until my hands bleed and my limbs ache with pain.

DIET NEIL! STOP SMOKING!!!! At least do it for Olivia and your beautiful wife you fool!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 6

I never really noticed his gut

http://i.imgur.com/y8qzqlW.png?1

YES! UNION! THIS HAS KILLED MY DRUMMING SOUL!

He looks like a black Bartlett Pear! FUKKK!!

So I'm watching "Between The Wheels" for the first time since I didn't see it in California.

I think it's dreadful. Geddy is so tuned down he sounds like a flat tire. Alex of course saves the song with the glorious solo! One of the best ever.

This is one of my favorite songs to play to in the entire world. Ged is just dead. DREADY LEE!

As for being a drummer and watching Neil play this song. I want to cringe.

He is going from ride cymbal to fukking hi-hat during those few parts in the song. It's supposed to be RIDE CYMBAL TO CHINA BOY!! UGH!

I AM PISSED!

Don't worry I'm in child self mode.

I will be fine.

It sucks watching your all time favorite band suck ass in HD.

HOLY SHIT! The Ben Mink "Losing It" was PRICELESS!!! It's amazing how after one bad live song the next one was AMAZING!

I can remember someone on here wrote a thread wondering who was the better electronic violinist. Ben Mink or that other guy in the Cockwork Angels Orchestra.

Well shit man, I saw the LA FORUM SHOW!! I was third row for that one and my GOD! BEN MINK BLOWS THAT CA TOOL AWAY!

NO COMPARISON!!!!

This fukking blu-ray is so bittersweet.

One minute I hate it, the next I love it.

I don't get it!

DAMN!

All I know is that BEN MINK IS THS SHIT!! THAT MEANS THE BEST!

Never was a fan of the "Cockwork Angels" Orchestra.

Kind of pathetic to be honest. Those dumb black shirts with stupid gold symbols on them. I think Neil designed that shite.

I don't get it.

Perhaps it's over my Rushhead.

All I know is it's hard to rip this band.

I hate

VAPOR TRAILS

and the

Cock Jerk Angels Orchestra

I used to hate Test For Echo but I can deal with that one.

Great music, shit lyrics!

Anyway.

RUSH RULES at the end of the day.

Musically the boys nailed "Natural Science" but my God, Geddy's voice was simply horrid.

Yet now he sounds great on "Jacob's Ladder."

I don't get it.

Everything is hit or miss in life. There is no in between.

Unless it's called "Limbo."

A great Rush song and the story of my own fukked up life.

• Like 3

Jesus! It just doesn't matter at this point in the film. The further back they go the better they get.

RUSH IS THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD.

I will take this to my grave.

I hope one of you will put the STARMAN on my tombstone.

"What do you want on your Tombstone?"

Pepperoni and sausage!

• Like 2

Perhaps it's just me being a fan of this band for 35 years, but as they get into the older catalog they just kick ass. Even Geddy's voice is amazing and I have ripped it on the more 80's stuff!

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what any of us say that is negative about this band.

It fuckking doesn't matter Rush Fans.

RUSH IS THE GREATEST BAND ON THE PLANET EARTH!

No band will ever touch them.

If you have a band in mind that is better than RUSH then good for you.

I suggest you go find their website if it is still in service!

"WORKING MAN!!"

Thank God they got rid of that reggae SHITE!

RUSH RULES!

• Like 4

Jesus! It just doesn't matter at this point in the film. The further back they go the better they get.

Pepperoni and sausage!

I'm going to put a pole on your tombstone then hire a gauntlet of strippers to pole dance to 2112 on your grave. I will pull out a lawn chair and eat a Tombstone pepperoni and sausage pizza while watching the show.

Signed,

A Farewell to Earl

• Like 6

Why would Geddy say that they are going to move to the "A Farewell To Kings" album after they just played "Cygnus X-1" complete with great drum solo?

I was wondering when someone would bring that up.

Also...not for nothing but after Nat Sci Geddy said they are on the "..right on the verge of the 70's" before playing Jacob's Ladder.

Hence - Geddy CONFIRMS that Permanent Waves is an 80's album.

• Like 3

I can understand why Neil wants to retire, I know a few here consider him to be a 'selfish prick' for it, but honestly he's been at it for 40 years, he's got arthritis, he's got a family, and the man is just tired. I say good for him for retiring.
  • Like 4

Musically the boys nailed "Natural Science" but my God, Geddy's voice was simply horrid.

Yet now he sounds great on "Jacob's Ladder."

I don't get it.

Everything is hit or miss in life. There is no in between.

Unless it's called "Limbo."

A great Rush song and the story of my own fukked up life.

I'm no expert, but I think it is because Geddy originally sang JL lowish so it posed no problem for him to sing it now.

Why would Geddy say that they are going to move to the "A Farewell To Kings" album after they just played "Cygnus X-1" complete with great drum solo?

Also...not for nothing but after Nat Sci Geddy said they are on the "..right on the verge of the 70's" before playing Jacob's Ladder.

You are my new bestie!!! Froinds for life I say.

Pepperoni and sausage!

I'm going to put a pole on your tombstone then hire a gauntlet of strippers to pole dance to 2112 on your grave. I will pull out a lawn chair and eat a Tombstone pepperoni and sausage pizza while watching the show.

Signed,

A Farewell to Earl

HAHAHAHAHA! I can't find the words right now on this! I'll I can say is you made my day buddy! PRICELESS!

• Like 1

You are my new bestie!!! Froinds for life I say.

I thought I was your bestie bitch! LOL! This is the "Bitch Hunt" thread right?

Well stated!!!

The only way Geddy could confirm that PeW is an 80s album is with a time machine :smoke:
  • Like 1

So I'm watching "Between The Wheels" for the first time since I didn't see it in California.

I think it's dreadful. Geddy is so tuned down he sounds like a flat tire. Alex of course saves the song with the glorious solo! One of the best ever.

This is one of my favorite songs to play to in the entire world. Ged is just dead. DREADY LEE!

He is going from ride cymbal to fukking hi-hat during those few parts in the song. It's supposed to be RIDE CYMBAL TO CHINA BOY!! UGH!

I AM PISSED!

I will be fine.

Earl, I love how you turn a phrase- Black bartlett pear !!!! That says it all. I too have wondered why he keeps smoking with such a young daughter and new family; I know it's hell to quit though. My mom tried about 5 times and finally it took because she got tired of having to go outside and hide from us kids to smoke in the 70's. (In most families I think it was the other way around!) Glad you are enjoying R40 Live!

• Like 1

I AM PISSED!

I will be fine.

Earl, I love how you turn a phrase- Black bartlett pear !!!! That says it all. I too have wondered why he keeps smoking with such a young daughter and new family; I know it's hell to quit though. My mom tried about 5 times and finally it took because she got tired of having to go outside and hide from us kids to smoke in the 70's. (In most families I think it was the other way around!) Glad you are enjoying R40 Live!

Thank you my dear! I understand! It really must be hard to quit! Thank Goodness I never tried it! It's the most disgusting habit on the earth!!! JMO I'm glad your mom stopped!!!

• Like 1