Romo vs Brady, who's better?

laughedatbytime

who's better?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better, Romo or Brady?

• Tony Romo
    • System guy Tom Brady

This is not even a contest. Like him or hate him you can't deny Brady is good. My wife asked me the other night why Brady was yelling at all those guys on the sideline. I explained that he doesn't like being touched and absolutely hates being knocked down. While it kind of makes him a dick to act like that it works and he wins under different circumstances.

So he's Jeff George with a weaker arm and works in a better system.

I don't see how you can possibly have this argument. He's pretty much the only player left from the first Super Bowl till now. He's the constant. Brady hasn't played with any hall of fame receivers in their prime. Never had a hall of fame running back that I can remember. And with his Super Bowl resume', I just don't get how you can boil him down to an average quarterback.

OK, Jeff George was a joke...

He did play with Moss in his prime. And Gronk will be there, too. But yeah, the RBs have been fungible throughout....which is a function of the system. He's benefitted from the system. Is he average? No, I'll give him above average. But there are other QBs that could have been just as good in that system, and when you throw in the cheating throughout that time period, I can't credit him with more than that.

As for his Super Bowl record, the largest margin of victory his teams scored was in a game where if the Seahawks hadn't made the worst call in the history of football, they would have lost. In his first victory, he threw for a total of 145 yards, and had less than 100 through the first 58 minutes of the game. And his teams lost to a 10-6 wild card team and a 9-7 team in the big game.

They also lost to the Giants on some crazy plays so it all evens out. They are what they are.

And no, Moss was not in his prime when he was with Brady. Gronk. When he plays, sure. But do you think he'll last long enough to be a hall of fame player? His injury history doesn't suggest that but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Just because Moss dogged it with the Raiders doesn't mean he was past his prime; the Raiders were a clusterfuck when he was there and it's not exactly in Moss's makeup to give a f**k when that was the case. For at least his first couple of years with the cheaters he was still in his prime, in fact he still was probably the best receiver in the league when motivated..

Come on dude,

Regardless of how how bad the Raiders were then. Moss like Owens were babies. Crying and giving up on plays because they didn't get there way. Talent only goes so far if you are a selfish prick!!

This is not even a contest. Like him or hate him you can't deny Brady is good. My wife asked me the other night why Brady was yelling at all those guys on the sideline. I explained that he doesn't like being touched and absolutely hates being knocked down. While it kind of makes him a dick to act like that it works and he wins under different circumstances.

I don't see how you can possibly have this argument. He's pretty much the only player left from the first Super Bowl till now. He's the constant. Brady hasn't played with any hall of fame receivers in their prime. Never had a hall of fame running back that I can remember. And with his Super Bowl resume', I just don't get how you can boil him down to an average quarterback.

He did play with Moss in his prime. And Gronk will be there, too. But yeah, the RBs have been fungible throughout....which is a function of the system. He's benefitted from the system. Is he average? No, I'll give him above average. But there are other QBs that could have been just as good in that system, and when you throw in the cheating throughout that time period, I can't credit him with more than that.

As for his Super Bowl record, the largest margin of victory his teams scored was in a game where if the Seahawks hadn't made the worst call in the history of football, they would have lost. In his first victory, he threw for a total of 145 yards, and had less than 100 through the first 58 minutes of the game. And his teams lost to a 10-6 wild card team and a 9-7 team in the big game.

They also lost to the Giants on some crazy plays so it all evens out. They are what they are.

And no, Moss was not in his prime when he was with Brady. Gronk. When he plays, sure. But do you think he'll last long enough to be a hall of fame player? His injury history doesn't suggest that but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Just because Moss dogged it with the Raiders doesn't mean he was past his prime; the Raiders were a clusterfuck when he was there and it's not exactly in Moss's makeup to give a f**k when that was the case. For at least his first couple of years with the cheaters he was still in his prime, in fact he still was probably the best receiver in the league when motivated..

Come on dude,

Regardless of how how bad the Raiders were then. Moss like Owens were babies. Crying and giving up on plays because they didn't get there way. Talent only goes so far if you are a selfish prick!!

Of course...that's my whole point. Moss's talent with the Raiders didn't diminish, his desire did. When it came back, with NE, he was still at his peak.

Come on dude,

Of course...that's my whole point. Moss's talent with the Raiders didn't diminish, his desire did. When it came back, with NE, he was still at his peak.

Fair enough,

He was still a crying little b**** when things didn't go his way.

• Like 1

This appears to be a thread to continue the cheating scandals of the Patriots. If that's the case please continue the bashing.

That said, the Patriots without Brady would be just as lost as the Cowboys. The team appears to gather confidence with Brady on the field. Especially today or this season with all the injuries the Patriots have had to endure. Brady tends to not make bone head plays trying to will his team a victory. He appears to rather take a sack.....punt the ball than try to squeeze a throw into double coverage. Rom o tends to make those plays from time to time.....some of that will be seen against a tough defense like the Panthers in today's game.

This is exactly what I was talking about what Romo tries to do. He makes throws he shouldn't against tough defenses.....if the pass is not there don't pass it.....live to pass on a better play. He just did it again!

• Like 1

Romo's performance so far today should end this thread once and for all. It was a stupid thread to begin with. Literally in the time it's taken to type this, Romo threw his 3rd pick. Maybe it's not his fault. Maybe he plays in a bad system.
  • Like 4

He's been the MVP of 3 Super Bowls. He's been on the winning side of 4, and could easily have been the MVP of SB 39. He's lost two that his team led late in the 4th quarter, and he doesn't play defense. One loss was aided by a one handed freak catch on 4th and ten. He's 6-2 in conference championships. And for stud skill position players you've named exactly 2 over 15 seasons, one of whom couldn't really play in one of the Super Bowl losses.

Here's a better poll. Who's better, Dan Marino or Eli Manning? Who stepped up when it counted more? Ryan Tannehill or the homeless guy who asks for change around the corner from my office? Same number of post season starts. The Dolphins franchise, or the Crimson Tide?

In the two Super Bowl losses his team scored a total of 14 and 17 points against mediocre defenses. If they gave him the MVP of SB 39 they should have taken away the one for Super Bowl 36 (145 yards passing for an MVP QB???)

In conference championships, in one of those wins the offense scored 0 points with him on the field, the only reason they won another one is because Lee Evans dropped an easy touchdown, and in the third they had to rely on a trick formation and for a WR to throw the longest pass of the game.

I will ignore the obvious trolling in your second paragraph except to ask if the homeless guy is Mark Henderson.

In 36 he led the team down the field to what became the game winning score.

This isn't a troll thread? Brady's one of two candidates for best ever. Learn to accept it.

Edited by Rick N. Backer
  • Like 1

He's been the MVP of 3 Super Bowls. He's been on the winning side of 4, and could easily have been the MVP of SB 39. He's lost two that his team led late in the 4th quarter, and he doesn't play defense. One loss was aided by a one handed freak catch on 4th and ten. He's 6-2 in conference championships. And for stud skill position players you've named exactly 2 over 15 seasons, one of whom couldn't really play in one of the Super Bowl losses.

Here's a better poll. Who's better, Dan Marino or Eli Manning? Who stepped up when it counted more? Ryan Tannehill or the homeless guy who asks for change around the corner from my office? Same number of post season starts. The Dolphins franchise, or the Crimson Tide?

In the two Super Bowl losses his team scored a total of 14 and 17 points against mediocre defenses. If they gave him the MVP of SB 39 they should have taken away the one for Super Bowl 36 (145 yards passing for an MVP QB???)

In conference championships, in one of those wins the offense scored 0 points with him on the field, the only reason they won another one is because Lee Evans dropped an easy touchdown, and in the third they had to rely on a trick formation and for a WR to throw the longest pass of the game.

I will ignore the obvious trolling in your second paragraph except to ask if the homeless guy is Mark Henderson.

This isn't a troll thread? Brady's one of two candidates for best ever. Learn to accept it.

145 yards for the game is an embarrassment, and that was with help.

So, was it Mr. Henderson? Or did he get taken care of by Mr. Kiam (or whoever owned the sorry ass franchise in those days)?

So, was it Mr. Henderson? Or did he get taken care of by Mr. Kiam (or whoever owned the sorry ass franchise in those days)?

Yes, better he be Marino and throw for 300 yards and never win a big game.

By the time Brady had played as long as Tannehill, the Patriots had won 3 Super Bowls.

• Like 1

By the time Brady had played as long as Tannehill, the Patriots had won 3 Super Bowls.

Please. They won Super Bowl 36 in spite of him, not because of him.

Maybe if Tannehill had the same kind of "help" Brady did, he'd have won that many, too. I guess he'll just have to settle for having integrity instead.

Maybe if Tannehill had the same kind of "help" Brady did, he'd have won that many, too. I guess he'll just have to settle for having integrity instead.

It makes it easier to say they cheat, huh?

Yep. But the actual reason is that it completes the story and puts it in perspective. Not that anyone in New England cares, they can still see reflected glory in tarnished trophies.

Yep. But the actual reason is that it completes the story and puts it in perspective. Not that anyone in New England cares, they can still see reflected glory in tarnished trophies.

No. It's what liberals do. Why should I work to build myself up? I'll just tear winners down to my level. Who cares if my accusations are baseless? I just don't want people focusing on my failures.

Romo's performance so far today should end this thread once and for all. It was a stupid thread to begin with. Literally in the time it's taken to type this, Romo threw his 3rd pick. Maybe it's not his fault. Maybe he plays in a bad system.

Aye.

• Like 1

No. It's what liberals do. Why should I work to build myself up? I'll just tear winners down to my level. Who cares if my accusations are baseless? I just don't want people focusing on my failures.

No, what the Patriots do is what Lois Lerner and Hillary Clinton do. Obfuscate, deny, and obfuscate. Of course, in a state where someone who can drive drunk off a bridge and swim to shore leaving his passenger behind to drown is prime Senate material, heroes aren't really required to have a sense of morality.

Brady is better, but not nearly by the amount many people think. Brady is probably the second best system QB ever, and I doubt Romo even sniffs the top 20, or maybe 30, QBs ever.

Romo has 2 fewer playoff wins than Mark Sanchez and Trent Dilfer, and one more than Tim Tebow.

Some players can't handle the big time.

And Bucky Dent was a greater player than Ted Williams, because he's "clutch".

Reductio ad absurdum arguments may work in the cesspool, but not here.

Romo always shits down his leg during the playoffs. Romo may have a stronger arm and can move better out of the pocket, but Brady's resume smokes Romo's.
  • Like 2

I understand why people don't like him (and the Patriots). I really do. What I don't understand is the constant need to suggest that he doesn't deserve respect as a great player, period. Growing up I hated Magic Johnson, and Ron Guidry, and Guy LaFleur, and Dan Marino. But I didn't feel the need to convince people they weren't talented. I just didn't like them. These ideas that Brady is only successful because he plays in a system run by 3 or 4 different OCs, or that he somehow only benefited from "spygate" or "deflategate" or whatever "gate" now has his team sitting at 10-0, seem like desperate attempts to explain why he, alone, has been successful since basically the turn of the century (excepting 2008 when he got hurt in the first game). What other team has been in the hunt for the Super Bowl nearly every season this century? Who is the only person on the SB 36 team that played in last year's SB?
  • Like 1

I understand why people don't like him (and the Patriots). I really do. What I don't understand is the constant need to suggest that he doesn't deserve respect as a great player, period. Growing up I hated Magic Johnson, and Ron Guidry, and Guy LaFleur, and Dan Marino. But I didn't feel the need to convince people they weren't talented. I just didn't like them. These ideas that Brady is only successful because he plays in a system run by 3 or 4 different OCs, or that he somehow only benefited from "spygate" or "deflategate" or whatever "gate" now has his team sitting at 10-0, seem like desperate attempts to explain why he, alone, has been successful since basically the turn of the century (excepting 2008 when he got hurt in the first game). What other team has been in the hunt for the Super Bowl nearly every season this century? Who is the only person on the SB 36 team that played in last year's SB?

Some people here on this thread are old, and their lives are just gaping holes of misery.

• Like 1

Some people here on this thread are old, and their lives are just gaping holes of misery.

Are you referring to yourself?
  • Like 1

Isn't your cesspool back up yet?