Romo vs Brady, who's better?

laughedatbytime

who's better?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better, Romo or Brady?

• Tony Romo
    • System guy Tom Brady

I assume youre kidding. :) Romo is the most overrated QB of all time.

You could insert the name of any Dallas Cowboy QB in that statement and be fairly accurate. Aikman, HOF be damned, is equally overrated and, like a guy named Brady and a guy named Montana, benefited from a solid system and some great talent around him. But those guys also have the heart of a champion and I think the one fair knock on Romo is he does not appear to have that. He's been a very good regular season QB, but Romo does appear to tense up during the big moment, especially in the playoffs. That said, I would be willing to bet the fans of 20 to 25 teams in the league would absolutely be willing to trade out their QB for Romo.

The Cowboys are the Yankees of the NFL. The glamour team and all that. They get all sorts of unnecessary attention for it. The "America's Team" is sort of accurate. Very few fans have a "meh, so what" attitude toward Dallas. It's a love/hate thing.... just like our political system. 'mericuh! That's really not Romo's fault.

Aikman got into the HOF based on his work as a broadcaster.

I hate the Cowboys more than any team other than the Patriots. I wouldn't even hate the Patriots if they weren't cheaters. Romo has been good, if not great, in the clutch, by any measure.

Aikman got inot the HOF based on his work as a broadcaster? He would have been first ballot regardless. Unbelievable.

Your hatred is blinding you.

• Like 1

You could insert the name of any Dallas Cowboy QB in that statement and be fairly accurate. Aikman, HOF be damned, is equally overrated and, like a guy named Brady and a guy named Montana, benefited from a solid system and some great talent around him. But those guys also have the heart of a champion and I think the one fair knock on Romo is he does not appear to have that. He's been a very good regular season QB, but Romo does appear to tense up during the big moment, especially in the playoffs. That said, I would be willing to bet the fans of 20 to 25 teams in the league would absolutely be willing to trade out their QB for Romo.

The Cowboys are the Yankees of the NFL. The glamour team and all that. They get all sorts of unnecessary attention for it. The "America's Team" is sort of accurate. Very few fans have a "meh, so what" attitude toward Dallas. It's a love/hate thing.... just like our political system. 'mericuh! That's really not Romo's fault.

I hate the Cowboys more than any team other than the Patriots. I wouldn't even hate the Patriots if they weren't cheaters. Romo has been good, if not great, in the clutch, by any measure.

Aikman got inot the HOF based on his work as a broadcaster? He would have been first ballot regardless. Unbelievable.

Seriously? You couldn't figure out that was sarcasm?

With all of the skins on Brady's wall? Brady of course. He's been the best QB of his era.

Would you trade Romo for Brady for the 2015 Cowboys?

As crazy as this may sound, no.

Nothing crazy about it. I wouldn't either. Take Brady out of his system and he's an average QB at best.

Shame on me. I hear so much Cowboy hatred that I'll fall for anything.
  • Like 1

Shame on me. I hear so much Cowboy hatred that I'll fall for anything.

in your defense, assuming labt is a hateful asshole is a safe bet
  • Like 1

Aikman was deadly accurate in the playoffs and to cast him off as an overrated "system" QB is ignorant. Same with Brady. I think Brady is the only player left from his first Super Bowl win. The only constant, other than Belicheck, is Brady.

Spoken like a Cowboy diehard. Keep in mind I actually like Aikman as a player and a person. I am just calling it as it is.

Here's the line on Aikman..... 12 NFL seasons.... Only 1 season with 20 or more touchdowns... Never had a season with 4,000 passing yards... Hell, never had a season with more than 3,500 passing yards.... 164 career touchdowns against 141 career interceptions..... that's a ratio of something like 1.1 to 1.... career QB rating of 81.6 (putting him at #50 in the All-Time list of players behind *legends* like Rich Gannon and Mark Brunell).

Those numbers scream "average" "overrated" in the context of Hall of Fame greatness.

Now, to your point, Aikman was lights out in the post season and he did get three rings. What separates a guy like Aikman from a guy like Gannon or Brunell was the fact he had the heart of a champion. Heart made him great. The ability to not cave under pressure made him great. His overall performance was pedestrian, not great. And, sorry, facts are facts.... he benefited from the talent around him and the system his coach developed.

• Like 1

Aikman was deadly accurate in the playoffs and to cast him off as an overrated "system" QB is ignorant. Same with Brady. I think Brady is the only player left from his first Super Bowl win. The only constant, other than Belicheck, is Brady.

Spoken like a Cowboy diehard. Keep in mind I actually like Aikman as a player and a person.

I noticed that you left "broadcaster" out of your Aikman like list...

whatever

Greatest QB ever

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1255634_o.gif

HAHAHA! Dude! It just dawned on me! You are from New Jersey! Well, I was born in San Francisco in 1968 but my parents and all of my relatives are from New Jersey.

Hence where my "I don't give a fukk what people think about me" attitude comes from! Jersey blood baby but I'm and East Bay Greaser! Home of TOWER OF POWER! OAKLAND RAIDERS! KENNY STABLER! FUKK ELWAY! Stanford pussy!

;)

• Like 2

This,

Is a joke right? :LOL:

Would you trade Derek Carr for Brady?

That's not,

The point. Unless I am missing some thing here. Romo vs Brady is just too funny!

Explain why, if you can.

• Like 1

This,

That's not,

The point. Unless I am missing some thing here. Romo vs Brady is just too funny!

Explain why, if you can.

First of all,

I will admit when I saw the thread I didn't read the start of it. My bad. I guess it's because of all of the "poll threads". But I am still not sure where you are coming from.

This,

That's not,

This. When I saw the thread tile I thought "YGBSM"! Let's see what Nomo and the Cowpile do against Carolina.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

This,

That's not,

This. When I saw the thread tile I thought "YGBSM"! Let's see what Nomo and the Cowpile do against Carolina.

We,

Will find out soon enough. :cool:

This,

That's not,

Explain why, if you can.

First of all,

I will admit when I saw the thread I didn't read the start of it. My bad. I guess it's because of all of the "poll threads". But I am still not sure where you are coming from.

OK, let me ask this. How many Super Bowls would Brady have won if he was Cowboys QB for the last 15 years (or however many he lasted), if the Dallas QB at the time would have been injured the same way Bledsoe was and he'd been asked to take over.

This appears to be a thread to continue the cheating scandals of the Patriots. If that's the case please continue the bashing.

That said, the Patriots without Brady would be just as lost as the Cowboys. The team appears to gather confidence with Brady on the field. Especially today or this season with all the injuries the Patriots have had to endure. Brady tends to not make bone head plays trying to will his team a victory. He appears to rather take a sack.....punt the ball than try to squeeze a throw into double coverage. Rom o tends to make those plays from time to time.....some of that will be seen against a tough defense like the Panthers in today's game.

Spoken like a Cowboy diehard. Keep in mind I actually like Aikman as a player and a person. I am just calling it as it is.

Here's the line on Aikman..... 12 NFL seasons.... Only 1 season with 20 or more touchdowns... Never had a season with 4,000 passing yards... Hell, never had a season with more than 3,500 passing yards.... 164 career touchdowns against 141 career interceptions..... that's a ratio of something like 1.1 to 1.... career QB rating of 81.6 (putting him at #50 in the All-Time list of players behind *legends* like Rich Gannon and Mark Brunell).

Those numbers scream "average" "overrated" in the context of Hall of Fame greatness.

Now, to your point, Aikman was lights out in the post season and he did get three rings. What separates a guy like Aikman from a guy like Gannon or Brunell was the fact he had the heart of a champion. Heart made him great. The ability to not cave under pressure made him great. His overall performance was pedestrian, not great. And, sorry, facts are facts.... he benefited from the talent around him and the system his coach developed.

I'm pretty even with my evaluations of players.

Your Aikman stats are extremely misleading. There is more to being a QB than just simply throwing for yards and touchdowns. There is a management aspect of the game. Aikman didn't throw for a huge amount of yards because he didn't need to. We would go up by 14 or so points and bleed the clock by running in the second half. It was our recipe. It's what we are trying to do now. When we got into the red zone, it was Emmitt time. It's a hell of a lot safer than passing.

Also, the rules of the game have changed since Aikman's time. The rules allow for more passing. Aikman, no doubt, would have put up huge numbers in a west coast offense or a run and shoot. Don't mistake his numbers for his style.

Bottom line. He was the first overall pick and performed as one. Or should I say, as one should because most number one qb picks usually don't succeed.

I'm pretty even with my evaluations of players.

Your Aikman stats are extremely misleading. There is more to being a QB than just simply throwing for yards and touchdowns. There is a management aspect of the game. Aikman didn't throw for a huge amount of yards because he didn't need to. We would go up by 14 or so points and bleed the clock by running in the second half. It was our recipe. It's what we are trying to do now. When we got into the red zone, it was Emmitt time. It's a hell of a lot safer than passing.

Also, the rules of the game have changed since Aikman's time. The rules allow for more passing. Aikman, no doubt, would have put up huge numbers in a west coast offense or a run and shoot. Don't mistake his numbers for his style.

Bottom line. He was the first overall pick and performed as one. Or should I say, as one should because most number one qb picks usually don't succeed.

Yeah, I think he could do what Brady's done (or better) in the same offense. Aikman is pretty much the Red Ruffing of football...surround him with massive quantities of talent, and he's a great QB.