NFL sucks this year

HemiBeers

Patriot

GO CAM NEWTON!

Patriots.....Panthers SUPER BOWL.....while BOTH are UNDEFEATED

After Thanksgiving this won't be possible.

You sure about that? The Panthers should win that game even though the Cowboys seem to ALWAYS show BIG TGD games. The edge goes to the Panthers due to their defense which is getting bettere and better.

I know they have a very good defense. I heard a crazy stat today that the Panthers have 15 players who have gotten a sack. I'll argue that our defense improved the day Romo stepped onto the field. No more playing from behind. No more constant three and outs. No more losing the time of possession. We looked like last year's team last week. And I think that team is better than the Panthers. By a smidge.

Anyway. The Panthers are due for a loss.

Holy shit... you put way too much faith in Romo.

As I should. We can beat anyone with him and can't beat anyone without him.

He's a good, serviceable QB. No way is he "elite". He's "elite" like Flacco is "elite". I root for Romo, my cousin married a guy that played HS FB with him, but I'm just being honest.

If he brings some magic to the team, like they believe they can't lose with him, that's great to psych the team up. He's not an extraordinary QB.

I think he's at an elite level now. He had a better QB rating than anyone in the leauge last year. Over the last few years, he's been the best QB in the 4th quarter. Those three back to back seasons of 8-8 were because of him. He ran for his life nearly every single play for several years. Those 8-8 season would have looked more like 4-12 seasons without him.

Good luck on Thurs, I'll be rooting for you guys. Carolina needs to lose... get in a downward spiral... lose homefield advantage ;)

Patriot

GO CAM NEWTON!

You sure about that? The Panthers should win that game even though the Cowboys seem to ALWAYS show BIG TGD games. The edge goes to the Panthers due to their defense which is getting bettere and better.

I know they have a very good defense. I heard a crazy stat today that the Panthers have 15 players who have gotten a sack. I'll argue that our defense improved the day Romo stepped onto the field. No more playing from behind. No more constant three and outs. No more losing the time of possession. We looked like last year's team last week. And I think that team is better than the Panthers. By a smidge.

He's a good, serviceable QB. No way is he "elite". He's "elite" like Flacco is "elite". I root for Romo, my cousin married a guy that played HS FB with him, but I'm just being honest.

If he brings some magic to the team, like they believe they can't lose with him, that's great to psych the team up. He's not an extraordinary QB.

I think he's at an elite level now. He had a better QB rating than anyone in the leauge last year. Over the last few years, he's been the best QB in the 4th quarter. Those three back to back seasons of 8-8 were because of him. He ran for his life nearly every single play for several years. Those 8-8 season would have looked more like 4-12 seasons without him.

Good luck on Thurs, I'll be rooting for you guys. Carolina needs to lose... get in a downward spiral... lose homefield advantage ;)

Thanks. You're a Packers fan right?

Patriot

GO CAM NEWTON!

You know it.... Romo's a homeboy in these parts

Patriot

GO CAM NEWTON!

You know it.... Romo's a homeboy in these parts

A few years ago, I was arguing with a Packers fan in this forum that Romo was a better rusher than Rodgers. Hell, it may have been you. I would like to officially retract that. I suppose, at the time, I hadn't watched enough Packers football.

Rodgers might be the best QB in the league right now.

A few years ago, I was arguing with a Packers fan in this forum that Romo was a better rusher than Rodgers. Hell, it may have been you. I would like to officially retract that. I suppose, at the time, I hadn't watched enough Packers football.

Don't think it was me, doesn't sound like something I would argue about :)

Maybe Rodgers from last week... he was confident, making tough throws. But the weeks before that, he looked hesitant. I think he's great when he has full trust in his receivers, and there's just been too many mistakes for him to "let go". They obviously had to have a pretty good week in practice before the Vikings game as Rodgers was getting back to looking like himself.

Maybe Rodgers from last week... he was confident, making tough throws. But the weeks before that, he looked hesitant. I think he's great when he has full trust in his receivers, and there's just been too many mistakes for him to "let go". They obviously had to have a pretty good week in practice before the Vikings game as Rodgers was getting back to looking like himself.

Are the Packers having offensive line issues?

Not really, the Center went down last week but the backup did a pretty good job. Rodgers is getting hit quite a bit this season though

Not really, the Center went down last week but the backup did a pretty good job. Rodgers is getting hit quite a bit this season though

If he's not running for his life then I guess he's haning onto the ball too long.

I don't see how the Packers can get home field thruought the plaoffs. Even if we pull an upset, the Panthers have a ridiculously easy schedule after Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

If he's not running for his life then I guess he's haning onto the ball too long.

I don't see how the Packers can get home field thruought the plaoffs. Even if we pull an upset, the Panthers have a ridiculously easy schedule after Thanksgiving.

I know - just wishful thinking

I've almost completely forgot the NFL has happened this year. Sundays this fall, have been beautiful weather wise in VA. So I've been hiking. Could really care less how the Steelers are doing this year. I've never been happier!

I've almost completely forgot the NFL has happened this year. Sundays this fall, have been beautiful weather wise in VA. So I've been hiking. Could really care less how the Steelers are doing this year. I've never been happier!

No offense, but your priorities suck. :)

• Like 3

He lives in Redskin territory, it's understandable.

I suppose I don't have a whole to cheer about, either, though.

He lives in Redskin territory, it's understandable.

I suppose I don't have a whole to cheer about, either, though.

Sunday Ticket is available.

Sit on your butt and watch a terrible football game and waste 3 hours that contain half commercials... or use the 3 hours for something constructive? I think your priorities really need to be questioned.

When you're on your death bed, close to the inevitable, do you really think you'll regret not watching enough football? Didn't think so.

Sit on your butt and watch a terrible football game and waste 3 hours that contain half commercials... or use the 3 hours for something constructive? I think your priorities really need to be questioned.

When you're on your death bed, close to the inevitable, do you really think you'll regret not watching enough football? Didn't think so.

When I was 16, I estimated there were about 1000 NFL Sundays left for me to watch. I'm not missing any more than I have to.

• Like 1

All depends what you do with your time between plays.

I watch every Sunday afternoon game with my dad, and occasionally my brother/nephew/son. The time we spend chatting between plays is something I would never give up. I look at each game as time to spend with my pop. I cherish those moments because when I was in college, and working at NASA, I was far away and missed out on a lot of time together.

Every Thurs/Sun/Mon night game I watch with my wife, son and daughter, and also time I would never give up.

• Like 1

He's a Dolphins fan. His team hasn't been to a Super Bowl in over 30 years. They haven't won one in over 40. Thanksgiving 2015 and they don't have enough pride to still be playing meaninglful games this season. That's A LOT of terrible football.

Happy Thanksgiving all. I'm thankful I don't root for that gutless franchise.

He's a Dolphins fan. His team hasn't been to a Super Bowl in over 30 years. They haven't won one in over 40. Thanksgiving 2015 and they don't have enough pride to still be playing meaninglful games this season. That's A LOT of terrible football.

Living down in South Florida I don't get to see many Patriot games and no cable I've watched far less football this year. I've riding my bike more.....the Dolphins are on all the time and that's something is not worth watching. I do like the disgust their show after their many losses over the years at the hands of the Patriots....for that matter the rest of the league.

I'm glad I don't have to explain to my kid why it's OK for my team to cheat as long as they win. But at least living in Boston you know you don't have to worry about them going over to their friends' houses and overhear anyone else's parents tell their kids cheating is wrong, so you can continue to live in the echo chamber.

Of course, there's those awkward ages when they're still naive enough to ask questions like "why is it not OK for A Rod to cheat when Big Papi/Manny/Belichick/Brady do it and it's fine?"

I'm glad I don't have to explain to my kid why it's OK for my team to cheat as long as they win. But at least living in Boston you know you don't have to worry about them going over to their friends' houses and overhear anyone else's parents tell their kids cheating is wrong, so you can continue to live in the echo chamber.

Of course, there's those awkward ages when they're still naive enough to ask questions like "why is it not OK for A Rod to cheat when Big Papi/Manny/Belichick/Brady do it and it's fine?"

I do teach my kids that when you lose, you accept it with grace. You don't manufacture reasons, like calling the other team cheaters. Proud teams don't embarrass themselves by grasping for reasons they got beat.