Ole Acquires Anthem Entertainment Group, Home of Rush

robertrobyn

^ Didn't it sound more like 'Willus'?

Three Dog Night song- Never Been to Spain. That is what she was referring to. I just picked it up from there.

I thought you knew? :LOL:

Still have to listen to something else though to get it out of my head, and Pretzel Logic is a good choice.

• Like 1

Three Dog Night song- Never Been to Spain. That is what she was referring to. I just picked it up from there.

Still have to listen to something else though to get it out of my head, and Pretzel Logic is a good choice.

Yes, I knew!

"No I've never been to Spain,

But I've been to Oklahoma"... :musicnote:

No worries Geddy--your secret is safe with the Yukon Blade Grinder

:yes:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2011/11/25/1322223467242/A-still-from-Puss-in-Boot-007.jpg

Well, now the cat's out of the bag.

i thought the feline was defending Geddy's honor. :madra:

Fantasy YBG out of the vault for you love!

Yet, it strangely hints at reality. Weird

I know.

But now I've got that Three Dog Night song about Spain going through my head. :wacko:

Have you been to Oklahoma?

What 'chu talk in' about Willis???

I just now figured out why your ears perked up- you're in Oklahoma!

Yes, I knew!

I couldn't remember whether they mentioned Oklahoma in the song, and it never occurred to me to google the lyrics.

Yes, I knew!

I couldn't remember whether they mentioned Oklahoma in the song, and it never occurred to me to google the lyrics.

Huh...I never caught those lyrics before or just forgot them. These Okies have accepted this Damn Yankee with open arms and hearts. Although when drinking sometimes they don't get my accent.

Alex's quote in the article makes it sound as if the band doesn't care a whit about it. (He congratulates Ray Danniels and the ole people on "their deal").

I wish I understood more about how it all works. Does this mean they can use their music for commercials without their permission?

I read on down in the article & it was talking about transparency in regards to what % of a song an entity has control over. What the? How does someone control part of a song? Will someone please read & then interpret for me. Edited by gypsy muse

They'll put a freeze on all current and future Rush royalty payments and force that selfish prick to tour Europe.

what do you mean tour europe. Managers don't tour, do they? Please explain, I'm curious about how all this works

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2011/11/25/1322223467242/A-still-from-Puss-in-Boot-007.jpg

I know.

But now I've got that Three Dog Night song about Spain going through my head. :wacko:

who's in Oklahoma? Besides me? Where in Oklahoma?

I know.

who's in Oklahoma? Besides me? Where in Oklahoma?

Enid in the house! Tulsa has an impressive cigar lounge scene for a city that size.

They'll put a freeze on all current and future Rush royalty payments and force that selfish prick to tour Europe.

what do you mean tour europe. Managers don't tour, do they? Please explain, I'm curious about how all this works

I'm with you; I don't really get how the rest of it works and I'm still really surprised they sold their music rights earlier this year, I thought artists were never supposed to do that. But the part about touring Europe is TRF member Ed using a label from another thread calling Neil a 'selfish prick' and making a joke hoping someone, anyone can figure out a way to get them to tour Europe! :D

Alex's quote in the article makes it sound as if the band doesn't care a whit about it. (He congratulates Ray Danniels and the ole people on "their deal").

I wish I understood more about how it all works. Does this mean they can use their music for commercials without their permission?

They sold their music catalog (Ray did) in January for somewhere in the vicinity of $25,000,000.00. I think that does mean that their music can now be used for anything without their permission.

They sold their music catalog (Ray did) in January for somewhere in the vicinity of $25,000,000.00. I think that does mean that their music can now be used for anything without their permission.

Or I think that Ole is now the owner and can grant or refuse permission. 2016 presidential candidates take note!

• Like 1

Exactly, this should erase any doubts in most people's minds.

Really? Why precisely? I think people tend to read too much into business deals they don't understand. This is most likely a good way to ensure the front office people are taken care of while the band's future remains unclear.

From the record company's standpoint, Ole is certainly not going to buy Anthem unless they're sure there's more product coming out in the future.

No....Ole owns the rights to put out certain Rush recorded product.

Rush still owns the publishing rights to all their music. That's what would cover use by advertisers, presidential candidates, etc.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I understand what this means. Does it mean that Ray is, more or less, retiring and he unloaded Anthem?

Ray cashed out. Get ready for more rounds of repackaged remastered re-releases.

That's exactly what I thought. This could only be "good" news if they decide to go back and release live music from over the years.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I understand what this means. Does it mean that Ray is, more or less, retiring and he unloaded Anthem?

That's exactly what I thought. This could only be "good" news if they decide to go back and release live music from over the years.

Wouldn't it be great if they released all the soundboard recordings over the years? Ah, a boy can dream...

• Like 4

Wouldn't it be great if they released all the soundboard recordings over the years? Ah, a boy can dream...

It would be shocking if they didn't at some point. Remix and master them, then sell them online as downloads for $5 a show. Even $10 a show would not be outrageous. Non-brainer. If I worked for Rush, things would be different :LOL:

• Like 1

It would be shocking if they didn't at some point. Remix and master them, then sell them online as downloads for $5 a show. Even $10 a show would not be outrageous. Non-brainer. If I worked for Rush, things would be different :LOL:

Exactly...I know it's been talked about on this forum. But just by the fans...who continue to dream...

:)

As a side note- I do think $5 would be a pipe dream. But $10, for a two-hour (or more) show, that still is a good value, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

.....or if/when they go back in the studio to make new music. A lot of you seem to be missing this.....

No....Ole owns the rights to put out certain Rush recorded product.

Rush still owns the publishing rights to all their music. That's what would cover use by advertisers, presidential candidates, etc.

I still don't fully understand it, and it sounds to me like the music business is a complicated and many faceted industry. That's kind of disillusioning but not surprising. I know it didn't start out that way, but it's what it has become.

When Ray unloaded Rush's entire music catalog, all that meant was that if any more remasters (or reissues of anything rush did) are done in the future, that goes through Ole?

But publishing rights to their music is a different story - and Rush still owns that?

Did I get it straight?

.....or if/when they go back in the studio to make new music. A lot of you seem to be missing this.....

I don't think it's lost on people, no- in my case, it's more a matter of Judy not holding out hope for when that will be. (They did just finish touring three months ago, after all). It may be a couple more years. Or it may not end up happening.

I try not to think about it, at this point.

Look at it this way.....

Rush still owns the copyright for their songs.

Ole now simply has distribution rights for Rush's music.

That's an oversimplification, but it should work for us.

That's simple enough for me to understand. Thank you. :)

Edited by Lorraine