Phil Collins Is Coming Out Of Retirement

Xanadu

This was all over the news yesterday but I didn't see a thread about it here. If I skipped over it somewhere, feel free to delete.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/singer-phil-collins-coming-retirement-horse-stable/story?id=34793989

Anyway, I am happy. Thought I missed my chance to see him but I am getting another shot at it. :D

• Like 2

As much crap as he get's.....i'll buy any new Album he makes. Sad thing is i doubt we'll see any major drumming from him on tour. unless something miraculous happend.

Mick

yeah, look at some of his later solo releases, lots of drum machine
  • Like 1

From the front TRF screen, the thread title reads "Phil Collins Is Coming Out..."

Not that there's anything wrong with that..

0896437001434575110_filepicker.gif

Glad to hear Phil the Shill is back in business. Now if they can only get a Genesis reunion going before anyone dies. Please!

Damn straight!

Start saving now, that would be an expensive ticket!

• Like 2

After reading the article a little closer, wonder if he's back in drumming shape.... sitting on the couch, drinking and watching TV is definitely not good for the back. A few years without that can do wonders.

I have been fighting back issues since 2008. Have had 2 rounds of Kenalog injections to reduce a bulging disc. I lost all feeling in my left leg, strength too. The shots were a miracle for me. I did PT and once things started getting better, I slowly eased off the stuff I was supposed to do and ended up having to go in for a second series of injections in 2010. Since then, I have been pretty regimented about doing my lower back/core strengthening exercises and have been fairly lucky so far to avoid surgery.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

Really hope a genesis reunion tour is coming...

if it is........think more 3 man again.......i highly doubt your getting Gabriel back. Dude says never say never but i think he doesn't really want it.

Hackett i'm not sure.

Mick

• Like 2

After reading the article a little closer, wonder if he's back in drumming shape.... sitting on the couch, drinking and watching TV is definitely not good for the back. A few years without that can do wonders.

I have been fighting back issues since 2008. Have had 2 rounds of Kenalog injections to reduce a bulging disc. I lost all feeling in my left leg, strength too. The shots were a miracle for me. I did PT and once things started getting better, I slowly eased off the stuff I was supposed to do and ended up having to go in for a second series of injections in 2010. Since then, I have been pretty regimented about doing my lower back/core strengthening exercises and have been fairly lucky so far to avoid surgery.

The man, sadly, cannot drum anymore. The issue is not the current shape of his back, but the nerve damage in his hands because of a dislocated vertebra he suffered. He states that he "can't drum."

LINK: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/phil-collins-plotting-comeback-i-am-no-longer-retired-20151028?page=2

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

The man, sadly, cannot drum anymore. The issue is not the current shape of his back, but the nerve damage in his hands because of a dislocated vertebra he suffered. He states that he "can't drum."

It's said cause his drumming to me was the highlight of any show.

my all time fav drummer.

Mick

I'm excited to get any new music from him at all. It would be awesome to see a Genesis revival but I'm not holding my breath. Anything is possible though.
  • Like 1

LINK: http://www.rollingst...20151028?page=2

That's sad. That probably kills him, to not be able to play anymore.

From the same story...

"After this surgery, though, the doctor said to me that my vital signs were all there," he says. "He said to me, 'If you want to play drums again, all you have to do is practice.'"

From the same story...

"After this surgery, though, the doctor said to me that my vital signs were all there," he says. "He said to me, 'If you want to play drums again, all you have to do is practice.'"

He seems to be contradicting himself. It could be personal standards, he might be able to physically play the drums but not to the standard before his injury. Or it's possibly bad reporting.

From the same story...

He seems to be contradicting himself. It could be personal standards, he might be able to physically play the drums but not to the standard before his injury. Or it's possibly bad reporting.

It goes back and forth in the article. I think he is hopeful, but down plays it later again...

The Peter Gabriel-led lineup of Genesis hasn't played since a one-off reunion in 1982 and they haven't toured since 1975. Fans continue to fantasize about a reunion, which baffles Collins. "I just don't understand that," he says. "They haven't thought it through. Pete won't sing 'Invisible Touch' or 'I Can't Dance.' We'd only do material like 'The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.' Also, I can't play drums, so I can't do what I did. I just want to settle with the bits of me that I can possibly do."

From the same story...

It goes back and forth in the article. I think he is hopeful, but down plays it later again...

The Peter Gabriel-led lineup of Genesis hasn't played since a one-off reunion in 1982 and they haven't toured since 1975. Fans continue to fantasize about a reunion, which baffles Collins. "I just don't understand that," he says. "They haven't thought it through. Pete won't sing 'Invisible Touch' or 'I Can't Dance.' We'd only do material like 'The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.' Also, I can't play drums, so I can't do what I did. I just want to settle with the bits of me that I can possibly do."

I think he and Peter Gabriel simply don't want to reunite the classic line-up.

• Like 2

From the same story...

I think he and Peter Gabriel simply don't want to reunite the classic line-up.

At least Steve Hackett is getting shit done. His Genesis Revisited tours are great!

From the same story...

Am I the only one who would be totally fine with this? :)

• Like 2