Get In The Real Metal Ring! JUDAS PRIEST VS IRON MAIDEN! WHICH BRITISH DOUBLE AXE METAL BAND IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD? UP THE SINNER!

RUSHHEAD666

JUDAS PRIEST VS IRON MAIDEN! "THE RIPPER?" "KILLERS?" SOMEWHERE IN TIME! I Need "PIECE OF MIND!"  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Of These Two EPIC British Heavy Metal Bands Is The Greatest Of All Time?

• IRON MAIDEN
    • JUDAS PRIEST

maiden. priest are too inconsistent

Really? Priest is as consistently good as any band. They've released more great albums than bad ones. That's pretty damn good for a band that's been around over 40 years.

I just think priest have more missteps than maiden. there are songs I skip on killing machine, british steel, point of entry, defenders of the faith, a bunch of songs I skip on turbo and ram it down, and obviously, the stuff without halford sucks. I know that's a controversial opinion around here.

I think maiden from 80-88 is the best run in all of metal, and their 2000s run is great.

priest is a perfectly valid answer, of course, because they're great, but I can't agree with everyone else here that turbo is an unsung masterpiece or that point of entry is as good as the beatles or whatever you heavy metal nuts think.

Really? Priest is as consistently good as any band. They've released more great albums than bad ones. That's pretty damn good for a band that's been around over 40 years.

I just think priest have more missteps than maiden. there are songs I skip on killing machine, british steel, point of entry, defenders of the faith, a bunch of songs I skip on turbo and ram it down, and obviously, the stuff without halford sucks. I know that's a controversial opinion around here.

I think maiden from 80-88 is the best run in all of metal, and their 2000s run is great.

priest is a perfectly valid answer, of course, because they're great, but I can't agree with everyone else here that turbo is an unsung masterpiece or that point of entry is as good as the beatles or whatever you heavy metal nuts think.

Yeah, I don't care much for Point Of Entry, Turbo, Ram It Down or Nostradamus. All those albums have some good songs on them but overall they're nothing special. I still can't comprehend how an album as average as Point Of Entry was sandwiched between two classics like British Steel and Screaming For Vengeance. It sounds so out of place between them. Screaming always felt like the natural progression after British Steel.

I'll agree about Maiden's run from 80-88. The only other metal band that I think had as good of a run was Sabbath with their first six albums. Priest had a damn good run from Sad Wings to British Steel as well.

For me, it's Priest by a mile. Even with a couple crappers like Turbo along the way. Those first 8 albums are just so good and they didn't stay in a slump as long. Maiden up until 7th son were close. But I wouldn't even label them as a metal band since the time Blaze came in. It's just been a bad attempt at progressive, Steve repeating himself over and over and over. Newer Priest isn't exactly classic either, but it still at least kicks a moderate amount of ass.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I don't care much for Point Of Entry, Turbo, Ram It Down or Nostradamus. All those albums have some good songs on them but overall they're nothing special. I still can't comprehend how an album as average as Point Of Entry was sandwiched between two classics like British Steel and Screaming For Vengeance. It sounds so out of place between them. Screaming always felt like the natural progression after British Steel.

I'll agree about Maiden's run from 80-88. The only other metal band that I think had as good of a run was Sabbath with their first six albums. Priest had a damn good run from Sad Wings to British Steel as well.

I forgot nostradamus even existed! :LOL:

Haha!!! Another Metal Brother who has joined Earl's Army!!!!

You rock Bean!!!

People either love me or hate me!!!

So be it! I love it!!

Yep! I get your take on Harris.

A bass pioneer now gone into the Zzzzzzz Zone.

Snooze fest. Boring.

Gers is still useless like a bull with double D tits.

I'm your Metal Sister, Earl :coy: :haz:

You don't need a reboot, though--just keep rokken!

Thank you my dear! You are AWESOME!

Metal keeps me strong! I'm going through a tough time right now. All I will say is that it sucks when you make good money and your wife doesn't work.

18 years later you divorce and the bread winner has to pay for everything.

Killing Me!

I will keep ROKKEN WITH DOKKEN!

I WILL NEVER DATE AGAIN!

Cheers!!

I apologize for using the wrong gender. I'm an idiot.

Earl

You're welcome, Earl, and thank you! Yep, sounds like a rough time indeed--but you're far too metal to succumb to this :)

No need to apologize, either, and you're certainly not an idiot. It's all good, man! :cheers:

Thank you my Metal Sister! Things are heating up and I am not doing well. It's true. Thank goodness for METAL! I will do the "BEST I CAN."

Earl

• Like 1

Haha!!! Another Metal Brother who has joined Earl's Army!!!!

You rock Bean!!!

People either love me or hate me!!!

So be it! I love it!!

Yep! I get your take on Harris.

A bass pioneer now gone into the Zzzzzzz Zone.

Snooze fest. Boring.

Gers is still useless like a bull with double D tits.

I'm your Metal Sister, Earl :coy: :haz:

You don't need a reboot, though--just keep rokken!

Thank you my dear! You are AWESOME!

Metal keeps me strong! I'm going through a tough time right now. All I will say is that it sucks when you make good money and your wife doesn't work.

18 years later you divorce and the bread winner has to pay for everything.

Killing Me!

I will keep ROKKEN WITH DOKKEN!

I WILL NEVER DATE AGAIN!

Cheers!!

I apologize for using the wrong gender. I'm an idiot.

Earl

You're welcome, Earl, and thank you! Yep, sounds like a rough time indeed--but you're far too metal to succumb to this :)

No need to apologize, either, and you're certainly not an idiot. It's all good, man! :cheers:

Thank you my Metal Sister! Things are heating up and I am not doing well. It's true. Thank goodness for METAL! I will do the "BEST I CAN."

Earl

You're welcome, Earl! Thank goodness for metal indeed--it's rough I'm sure but you'll pull through this! :cheers:

• Like 3

The most underrated metal musician ever

220px-Clive_Burr_playing_drums.jpg

BURR! It's cold outside! HE RULED!

I don´t think Nicko ever nailed the intro to Run to The Hills like Clive did. The hi-hat work in the intro is a thing of beauty! He also wrote Gangland and Total Eclipse, a song that should have made the final tracklist of The Number of the Beast.

• Like 3

OK. I confess. In my 58 years on this earth, I never listened to either one of these groups. :codger: But, this week for some weird reason, I caught Iron Maiden fever and these guys have captured my interest.. Who knew? I guess an old dog can learn new tricks. Maybe I should thank Earl again, some of his posts inspire me to think outside my box.

I like Bruce's singing. Then doing some research, I find out this guy flies 757 planes, Holy moly, I am impressed.

So, my son has Powerslave, Piece of Mind and The Number of the Beast. I was able to crank all 3 of these loud today and I was rocking. Question for Maiden fans... what would be next Maiden CD for me to buy? Also, I see Maiden played in Rio and there is a DVD. Is it worth getting?

Can't say I'm going to blow a wad of money but I do like Maiden now. that I took my Maiden voyage..

• Like 3

OK. I confess. In my 58 years on this earth, I never listened to either one of these groups. :codger: But, this week for some weird reason, I caught Iron Maiden fever and these guys have captured my interest.. Who knew? I guess an old dog can learn new tricks. Maybe I should thank Earl again, some of his posts inspire me to think outside my box.

I like Bruce's singing. Then doing some research, I find out this guy flies 757 planes, Holy moly, I am impressed.

So, my son has Powerslave, Piece of Mind and The Number of the Beast. I was able to crank all 3 of these loud today and I was rocking. Question for Maiden fans... what would be next Maiden CD for me to buy? Also, I see Maiden played in Rio and there is a DVD. Is it worth getting?

Can't say I'm going to blow a wad of money but I do like Maiden now. that I took my Maiden voyage..

You need Priest.

Start with the very first album and work through them chronologically.

Here's a song from the debut album from 1974 (the guitar tones on this remind me of some of the Alex ones on Caress of Steel!)

• Like 1

I like Priest a little better. I've seen them both few times, let's see.....

Judas Priest - SFV tour '82, AOR tour 2005, Masters Of Metal 2008 (w Motorhead and Heaven & Hell) and British Steel 2009(2)

Iron Maiden - SIT tour 86', AMOLOD tour 2006, SBIT tour 2008 and Maiden England tour 2012.

I don't have any plans to see these bands in the near future, but you never know.

The Priest is the Beast!

Up The Irons!

Edited by Self-Indulgence
  • Like 1

Oh any of the albums with Bruce singing. The more recent ones are proggier than the older ones. You started with the 3 best probably for an intro to them. But you would be remiss in your duties if you did not own any of the following:

Live After Death

Somewhere In Time

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Rock In Rio

Then if you dare check out any of us post '99 Maiden wih Bruce and Adrian Smith back in the cold. Bruce is amazing but having H (Smith) as we call him back in the band the quality of the songwriting has improved thousand fold.

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 1

Get "Killers"

It is Paul Di'Anno on vocals ... Wrathchild, Killers, Murders In The Rue Morgue - heck, al the songs are classic

get Killers

• Like 1

Get "Killers"

It is Paul Di'Anno on vocals ... Wrathchild, Killers, Murders In The Rue Morgue - heck, al the songs are classic

get Killers

Hey, we're trying to get this person to become a bigger fan not turn him off ;)

Killers is great but if the poster only knows and likes them with Bruce then that's what they should stick with for now. Di'anno is just too big of a downgrade vocally once you've heard them with Dickinson first. I got turned off by Killers when I first heard it and didn't listen to it for a long time because I heard them with Bruce originally and thought Di'anno's voice was garbage. I'm not saying he shouldn't listen to it at some point, i'm just saying now is not the time to listen to Killers.

• Like 1