Get In The Real Metal Ring! JUDAS PRIEST VS IRON MAIDEN! WHICH BRITISH DOUBLE AXE METAL BAND IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD? UP THE SINNER!

RUSHHEAD666

JUDAS PRIEST VS IRON MAIDEN! "THE RIPPER?" "KILLERS?" SOMEWHERE IN TIME! I Need "PIECE OF MIND!"  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Of These Two EPIC British Heavy Metal Bands Is The Greatest Of All Time?

• IRON MAIDEN
    • JUDAS PRIEST

How can I make this a public poll?

Their strangers fukking hate me and want to vote for Maiden or they love me and embrace Halford's EPIC vocals.

Get in line.

Love me leave me.

Hate me adore me.

It's all the same game

Just light the flickering flame.

Tailspin

Commit a sin.

Life will go on.

Love is so hard to find

Love will be "Dead By Dawn."

I think it might be too late now Earl you won't be able to edit the opening post.

It's ok, what a let down. 15-10 Maiden. UGH!

sorry man, its not like were saying we don't love Priest but...

Rime of the Ancient Mariner dude.

Mariner. ftw.

Ok bud I know I get it.

If I were to take the first 7 Priest albums and match them up against the first 7 Maiden albums I would go with Maiden by a hair.

Overall, Priest RULES!

• Like 1

On a solo comparison alone; is there a maiden guitar solo that comes near this for lair technique emotion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUyawECHv_0

Love maiden powerslave seventh son 666 killers,.A lot is lost with them (for me but not on marketing!), for not venturing outside the motifs, that made them so memorable and TM.

Priest take more musical risks, the result being great....generally.

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 1

This thread reminds me to revisit Saxon. :smoke:

Yo bud! "THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!"

Man, Saxon were great back then.

Heavy Metal Thunder, 20,000 ft, Motorcycle Man, 747, To Hell And Back Again, Crusader...and many more, all killer metal songs.

I love the early Saxon. :notworthy:

As for the poll, I'll have to go with Judas Priest, no question.

I'm surely in a minority here, but I don't like most of the BD-era Maiden.

• Like 1

Heavy Metal Thunder, 20,000 ft, Motorcycle Man, 747, To Hell And Back Again, Crusader...and many more, all killer metal songs.

SAXON RULES! They are still going strong but hell yes, those early SAXON albums KICK NWOHM ARSE!!!! Judas Pries blows Maiden away. Again, Bruce can't even wear Rob's jockstrap. I am with you so we are in the minority together. Nothing touches the first two records. "KILLERS" is one of the greatest albums on the earth. Can't say that about an BD album. Oh and Bruce's solo shit is well.................shit.

• Like 1

SAXON RULES! They are still going strong but hell yes, those early SAXON albums KICK NWOHM ARSE!!!! Judas Pries blows Maiden away. Again, Bruce can't even wear Rob's jockstrap. I am with you so we are in the minority together. Nothing touches the first two records. "KILLERS" is one of the greatest albums on the earth. Can't say that about an BD album. Oh and Bruce's solo shit is well.................shit.

You're so right about those first 2 Maiden LP's.

They foockin' rock'n'knock every single release with BeeDee down to the ground. :hail:

Sorry Maidenheads, but even the new one is a snore of souls. There I said it. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Grrr...

Iro-*sigh*... wait, dammit!

Priest.

Love both.

JUDAS CHRIST MAN! It takes a Priest Maiden Poll to drag you out of the catacombs?

OZZY!!! HOW THE HELL ARE YOU?? I miss you on here!

Priest has 11 votes now!!!

I love both too dude but Priest RULES! LIKE GHOST!

You're so right about those first 2 Maiden LP's.

They foockin' rock'n'knock every single release with BeeDee down to the ground. :hail:

Sorry Maidenheads, but even the new one is a snore of souls. There I said it. :ph34r:

OMG my friend! YOU ARE RIGHT! Nothing touches the Paul D shit! EPIC METAL! BURR > NICKO

I met one of my best friends at Rasputin's. My record store of choice next to Amoeba. He told me the same thing about "BOOK OF HOLES."

Fukking swiss cheese songs with more filler than "KILLERS!" LOL!

Thank Satan for GHOST!

The Iron Maiden thing is old news.

• Like 1

I'd have to say that Maiden finished off the 1980's decade better than JP. Then Judas Priest came back with Painkiller. That title track alone dominates over anything Maiden has released since the 80's. Priest has always had the best singer, now they have the best drummer in Scott Travis. I like Nikko a lot, but the only Maiden line up that gave Priest a run for their money was when Clive Burr was in the band from '79-'82.
  • Like 1

I'd have to say that Maiden finished off the 1980's decade better than JP. Then Judas Priest came back with Painkiller. That title track alone dominates over anything Maiden has released since the 80's. Priest has always had the best singer, now they have the best drummer in Scott Travis. I like Nikko a lot, but the only Maiden line up that gave Priest a run for their money was when Clive Burr was in the band from '79-'82.

I actually love your post. I get it! When "Painkiller" came out it blew my fukking mind. The title track put tears in my eyes and chills down my spine!

• Like 1

Clive Burr and Steve Harris

Maiden's engine had 10x more horsepower

• Like 2

Clive Burr and Steve Harris

Maiden's engine had 10x more horsepower

HELL YES! You have me there. BUT! Priest still RULES! Priest did go through more drummers than Spinal Tap and now that have a staple in metal drumming in place. SCOTT TRAVIS.

ONE OF THE BIGGEST PRICKS IN METAL!

I know this for a fact because I met him. Pure EGOTESTICLE NARCISSIST DIVA!

I can't stand him. He thinks he is so great and he looks so bored on his lame kit. Flipping sticks all night long that look like black candy canes with Barbie glitter on them.

Scott is the weakest link of the band. JMO!!!!!!