Everything STAR WARS

Tom Sawyer

From the Danforth and Pape t shirt guys- - Someone suggested the guy on the far right is Drum Solo! :P

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/12374867_793749750752599_2097070818464673101_o.jpg

That's no moon, it's Neil's kit.

• Like 4

The Ben Kenobi in my imagination would never, ever have tolerated the sort of moronic, reckless, whiny-ass sucky-baby like the Anakin as portrayed by Hayden Christensen. The only director who could ever have tolerated the terrible, wooden, forced acting of Hayden Christensen is George Lucas.

When you think about the kind of thing that would be strong enough to turn you from a basically good person into a person capable of killing younglings, the first thing that comes to mind is not being afraid your baby mama is going to die like in the Dream you had.

I just went to the site of the art house theater I purchased my ticket for a month ago and it's shockingly not sold out. The only sold out one for the theater is 7 PM tonight. Still, better safe than sorry.

yes, there is one seat on the front row available--not sold out.

I just went to the site of the art house theater I purchased my ticket for a month ago and it's shockingly not sold out. The only sold out one for the theater is 7 PM tonight. Still, better safe than sorry.

yes, there is one seat on the front row available--not sold out.

nm

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

From the Danforth and Pape t shirt guys- - Someone suggested the guy on the far right is Drum Solo! :P

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/12374867_793749750752599_2097070818464673101_o.jpg

No, it's Alex in his fat suit.

No, it's Alex in his fat suit.

If Geddy ever utters the word "midi-chlorians", I'm throwing away all my Rush albums.

• Like 1

The movie is great. Some real nice nods to the original trilogy with more than enough new stuff to move it forward. The characters and story is very well done. That ending was fantastic and sets up the next film perfectly.

:ebert:

• Like 1

The movie is great. Some real nice nods to the original trilogy with more than enough new stuff to move it forward. The characters and story is very well done. That ending was fantastic and sets up the next film perfectly.

:ebert:

Good to hear and cool to see absolutely zero spoilers in that review.

• Like 2

As expected, I had to work overtime tonight.....:rage:

So now it's 5am, my tickets are for 12:10pm. I should get five hours of sleep before I get to the cinema WAY EARLY. Gotta get good seats and the obligatory obscenely-priced popcorn and soda!! :ebert:

So now it's 5am, my tickets are for 12:10pm. I should get five hours of sleep before I get to the cinema WAY EARLY. Gotta get good seats and the obligatory obscenely-priced popcorn and soda!! :ebert:

One thing I still don't get about U.S. cinemas: Why isn't there reserved seating? It makes absolutely no sense and would make all the difference in the world.

One thing I still don't get about U.S. cinemas: Why isn't there reserved seating? It makes absolutely no sense and would make all the difference in the world.

we have reserved seating. There are a number of theaters in the Milwaukee area that let's you choose your seats. Only a handful of them though, and you pay a premium... worth the $2 to me though

we have reserved seating. There are a number of theaters in the Milwaukee area that let's you choose your seats. Only a handful of them though, and you pay a premium... worth the $2 to me though

Yeah, that'd be worth it. There's no reason why ALL cinemas aren't reserved seating.

How much are movie tickets stateside these days? Last time I saw a movie in the U.S. was maybe Skyfall...but I don't remember how much I paid.

Yeah, that'd be worth it. There's no reason why ALL cinemas aren't reserved seating.

How much are movie tickets stateside these days? Last time I saw a movie in the U.S. was maybe Skyfall...but I don't remember how much I paid.

all depends when you go. Tues, at the Marcus theaters here, all movies are $5 all day. Standard matinee is $6-$7. Add $2 for evening, add $2 for reserve seating, add $1 for 3D, and possible a couple bucks for opening weekend of big releases. In the Milwaukee area, my average ticket is $8. I paid $10 for reserve seating to see Star Wars on the 24th
  • Like 1

all depends when you go. Tues, at the Marcus theaters here, all movies are $5 all day. Standard matinee is $6-$7. Add $2 for evening, add $2 for reserve seating, add $1 for 3D, and possible a couple bucks for opening weekend of big releases. In the Milwaukee area, my average ticket is $8. I paid $10 for reserve seating to see Star Wars on the 24th

Ah ok. Depending on the date and time, it's $9-17 here. I just paid about $10.50 to see an 8pm showing of Star Wars. For 3D IMAX it's around $25. Despite the higher ticket cost, there are a few good things here though: beer at all cinemas no matter what, reserved seating (arriving 2 minutes before show time is great), and I've only encountered ONE case (out of hundreds times at the theater) of someone being an obnoxious prick...but I told them to shut up in English (despite being able to do so politely in Japanese) and the sound of English alone frightened them into shutting up. I knew it would. :LOL:

• Like 1

Ah ok. Depending on the date and time, it's $9-17 here. I just paid about $10.50 to see an 8pm showing of Star Wars. For 3D IMAX it's around $25. Despite the higher ticket cost, there are a few good things here though: beer at all cinemas no matter what, reserved seating (arriving 2 minutes before show time is great), and I've only encountered ONE case (out of hundreds times at the theater) of someone being an obnoxious prick...but I told them to shut up in English (despite being able to do so politely in Japanese) and the sound of English alone frightened them into shutting up. I knew it would. :LOL:

Success! Got to the theater in plenty of time. No huge crowds. Got good seats easily. We're good to go!

• Like 1

(Spoiler-free talk): We loved it. Lots to digest, so a second viewing very soon.

Definitely agree with the "word on the street" that it's a return to the old sense of humor, which was fresh and welcomed. Truly had a natural sense of levity and ease in its humor. It's not a flawless movie by any stretch -- some of the plot points and the relative ease of getting from A-to-B are a bit irksome at times -- but its heart is definitely in the right place, and the performances and overall feel just can't be beat. In the end those things were never deal-killers, although I hope going forward the other films strive to go into more unique places, now that they've successfully lassoed our souls once again. This was certainly a film designed to make you re-fall in love with Star Wars by pushing the old (big, bright, and lovely) buttons, although occasionally at the cost of something truly new. (I was tickled to see the old school targeting screens on the Falcon, Tie-Fighters, and X-Wings) But then again it was intentionally designed as such and on that level was a rousing success. It was also a really fun film to watch. Never felt dour or overlong. If anything it might suffer a bit from cramming so much into two-and-a-quarter hours.

I really like the new young cast (especially Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver) and that was pretty critical going forward. Ford and Mayhew, especially, turned in FINE performances in their old roles. You think you choked up during the "Chewie, we're home scene" in the trailers. You'll do that more than a few times here. I was very impressed by Harrison who has been sleep-walking through roles for some years now. I really and truly felt Han Solo was on the screen the whole time, another critical element. The new droid was super cute without being annoying, so if you fear he's the new Jar Jar you're completely mistaken. There is no element like that in the film, nor some goofy puffy hand scene like in the first Abrams Star Trek film.

I wasn't too blown away by the score on first listen, but, to be fair, I think I was just juggling too much to pay a lot of attention to it. However, the film did seem to lack a discernible and memorable NEW theme, something the prequels never lacked. Nothing coming close to Duel of the Fates (Menace), Across The Stars (Clones), or Battle Of Heroes (Sith). But the music under the scenes seemed to work just fine. Soundtrack arrives in the post today..!

If you've MISSED that original flavor of Star Wars, this film has that...and I suspect you'll be quite pleased and more than a bit relieved. It's not perfect, but it was the film the franchise needed to win back the disaffected. Had the prequels been better received and remembered, the new film wouldn't have carried this burden. I think that's important to remember.

• Like 2

Movie theaters have reserved seats? Now, I don't go see movies as often as I used to but this something i've never heard of. It's always been the first to get to the seats claims them. It was even like that last night for the big premiere. Reserved seats at a movie just sounds like the strangest concept to me :LOL:

Movie theaters have reserved seats? Now, I don't go see movies as often as I used to but this something i've never heard of. It's always been the first to get to the seats claims them. It was even like that last night for the big premiere. Reserved seats at a movie just sounds like the strangest concept to me :LOL:

I love it, first to buy the tix gets to claim the best seats