moving pictures - 70s or 80s album

bathory

moving pictures  

21 members have voted

1. 1. is moving pictures a 70s or 80s album

Not sure about you guys but I'm still listening to it to this day!

MP obviously was released in the 1980s, but when people refer to the term "'80s music," one tends to think of cheesy bands like Flock of Seagulls, Duran Duran, Berlin, B-52s, etc...which would also include Rush's output of Signals through Hold Your Fire (Presto, meanwhile, to me feels more like that almost equally-tacky early-90s era of MC Hammer, Zubazz pants, 'Bo Knows' Nike ads, etc. which also obviously includes Roll the Bones). A lot of famous albums were released in the 1980s that obviously don't fit in that specific-feeling term of "80s music"...Master of Puppets...Reign in Blood...Among the Living. All 1980s albums, but clearly not "80s music."

Also, for what it's worth, I always use the 0-9 approach at the 'decade' level (I mean, come on...to say that 1980 is not part of a period called the 1980s?...ridiculous), while with centuries and millennia, it's 1-100/1-1000. The 21st century (and Third Millennium) began January 1, 2001. The year 2000 is part of a segment of time known as the 2000s, but technically is still the final year of the 20th century.

Also, for what it's worth, I always use the 0-9 approach at the 'decade' level (I mean, come on...to say that 1980 is not part of a period called the 1980s?...ridiculous), while with centuries and millennia, it's 1-100/1-1000.

The 21st century (and Third Millennium) began January 1, 2001. The year 2000 is part of a segment of time known as the 2000s, but technically is still the final year of the 20th century.

According to that logic, then, 1980 is technically the final year of the 1970s.

:blink: Does not compute. :blink:

Also, for what it's worth, I always use the 0-9 approach at the 'decade' level (I mean, come on...to say that 1980 is not part of a period called the 1980s?...ridiculous), while with centuries and millennia, it's 1-100/1-1000.

The 21st century (and Third Millennium) began January 1, 2001. The year 2000 is part of a segment of time known as the 2000s, but technically is still the final year of the 20th century.

Makes perfect sense to me.

• Like 1

:P Why am I not surprised?

It does to me also, as I made the 'year zero' argument earlier in this thread...but that quote I posted a contention that to say 1980 is not part of the 1980s is ridiculous.

So... :huh:

It does to me also, as I made the 'year zero' argument earlier in this thread...but that quote I posted a contention that to say 1980 is not part of the 1980s is ridiculous.

So in other word, who cares? :P

• Like 2

So in other word, who cares? :P

Pretty much, yeah...we've all beaten the poor '70s and '80s to a pulp.

• Like 2

So is it October or what?

No. October actually begins every leap year on December 13th at 3:05pm. It's a bit complicated to explain.

New it...so I am not yet 25!

Oh happy days I am still a pup!

So is it October or what?

No. October actually begins every leap year on December 13th at 3:05pm. It's a bit complicated to explain.

New it...so I am not yet 25!

Oh happy days I am still a pup!

Exactly. Your next birthday, which due to the way things work, will be on February 31st, 2023. You will then be 18 years old but only for 2 hours. You will then immediately proceed to be 19 for the next 6 years.