Geddy at Blue Jays game

shail

Geddy is at the game with his son today - Ged's son is on his left (red hair, goatee now full beard.)

Ha, we posted simultaneously. Thanks for the info. :)

More importantly, what kind of beverage is he drinking and what kind of food is he scarfing down? I need to know!

And why isn't Alex with him, damn it? :rage:

He's still at the discount hoagie shop that I mentioned earlier.

:rfl:

he is, he sitting at the end of that aisle, in the first seat, scarfing any food in sight

I find it awesome and hilarious that this forum keeps track of when Geddy goes to see the Blue Jays. Lol.

I wonder if he knows....

Sure, why not? It's a public appearance.

I sure as hell aren't paying any attention for baseball!

yep, me neither.

Watching that crazy baseball game last night, my thoughts were on the possibility that Geddy might be hurt by a fan throwing a bottle to the field, but accidentally hitting Geddy instead.

Watching that crazy baseball game last night, my thoughts were on the possibility that Geddy might be hurt by a fan throwing a bottle to the field, but accidentally hitting Geddy instead.

and here i was just wondering how he was going to score that thing!

• Like 1

E2
  • Like 2

If anything, at least he got a break from scoring for a while. :LOL:

Well, the various Rangers fans around here aren't happy, but at least the Blue Jays continuing on gives the forum something to talk about... even if it is conversations about Geddy scoring a baseball game! ;)

Don't get me wrong. I am a baseball guy. I love, love, LOVE the game and score them when I am at a live event (but not pitch-by-pitch). I also obviously love RUsh. Given the sort of meticulous nature we see from Geddy, it is really not all that surprising that Ged A) became a baseball fan and B) follows it intently. Baseball is a game of strategy and execution. Each pitch and pitch count changes the overall situation, sometimes significantly. The average person, even the average sports fan, does not always get that, for example, one of the finest moments in any game is a perfectly executed hit-and-run that sets up a first-and-third situation. Seriously, it's a thing of beauty. :D

All that said, yes.... Geddy goes to Jays games. Yes..... Geddy has some serious coin and can afford seats directly behind home plate Yes.... even if Geddy doesn't have those seats regularly, he's probably *the* guy in Toronto who can land them with a phone call (hell, they'd probably let Ged sit in the dugout if he asked - but he's too polite to try it). Yes... this means we will see him on TV. :sarcastic:

• Like 2

I just listened to this myself. Pretty awesome interview actually. They are obviously big fans... :dweez:
  • Like 3

Lee seems to confirm that as far as touring is concerned the band is done.

Seems so and getting in a plug or two for the new DVD of course. To be expected...
  • Like 1

Seems so and getting in a plug or two for the new DVD of course. To be expected...

Certainly will put an end to Randy Johnson's concert photography career.

• Like 1

Certainly will put an end to Randy Johnson's concert photography career.

That cover should indeed... Yuck
  • Like 1

I thought this might interest some folks. Mr. Lee himself. Enjoy or not... :)

http://www.danpatric...alks-about-be…/

Thanks for posting, Narp! Very interesting to listen to! Geddy always seems to be a good interview; he has so much going on to talk about.

• Like 1

Each of the last two summers, my nine year old son and I have gone on a weekend baseball sojourn. In 2014, it was Pittsburgh-Cleveland-Detroit, and thisyear Minneapolis-Kansas City-St. Louis. Next summer, we're talking about doing Toronto and the two New Yorks, if the schedule allows. And I've already decided that if we're going all of the way to Toronto, I'm going to get seats in the small area where Geddy sits, on the hope that he attends that game. Those seats are held by real diehards, so they don't often appear on Seat Geek, but I'm not going without something in that area.

And no, if I happen to go and Geddy's there, I'm not going to fawn all over him and tell him he's great and that his music changed my life and that my brother plays bass because of him and ask if he remembers winking at me eight years ago in Kansas City and tell him they should have played Prime Mover last tour and pick up his used hot dog wrapper or anything like that. If he's there, I'm going to approach him between innings and ask him to sign my ticket from the last LA show. That's it.

Oh, except if I get the chance, I'm going to buy him a beer. How cool would it be to say that I bought Geddy a beer! "Hi, he's forty years of unbelievably interesting and thought provoking jams!" "Uh, thanks, here's a Molson!" Actually, food and drink is usually free in those "club seating" areas, so I probably won't get the chance, but it's fun to think about.

• Like 3

And no, if I happen to go and Geddy's there, I'm not going to fawn all over him and tell him he's great and that his music changed my life and that my brother plays bass because of him and ask if he remembers winking at me eight years ago in Kansas City and tell him they should have played Prime Mover last tour and pick up his used hot dog wrapper or anything like that.

Why not?

I'd like to know if he remembers winking at you eight years ago myself.

;)

Edited by Lorraine

I thought this might interest some folks. Mr. Lee himself. Enjoy or not... :)

http://www.danpatric...alks-about-be…/

Thanks for posting, Narp! Very interesting to listen to! Geddy always seems to be a good interview; he has so much going on to talk about.

Anytime dear. I was "one upped" right after I posted this but as you know I like to keep a low profile :) I didn't think it deserved a whole thread but what do I know?... :D
  • Like 1

Each of the last two summers, my nine year old son and I have gone on a weekend baseball sojourn. In 2014, it was Pittsburgh-Cleveland-Detroit, and thisyear Minneapolis-Kansas City-St. Louis. Next summer, we're talking about doing Toronto and the two New Yorks, if the schedule allows. And I've already decided that if we're going all of the way to Toronto, I'm going to get seats in the small area where Geddy sits, on the hope that he attends that game. Those seats are held by real diehards, so they don't often appear on Seat Geek, but I'm not going without something in that area.

And no, if I happen to go and Geddy's there, I'm not going to fawn all over him and tell him he's great and that his music changed my life and that my brother plays bass because of him and ask if he remembers winking at me eight years ago in Kansas City and tell him they should have played Prime Mover last tour and pick up his used hot dog wrapper or anything like that. If he's there, I'm going to approach him between innings and ask him to sign my ticket from the last LA show. That's it.

Oh, except if I get the chance, I'm going to buy him a beer. How cool would it be to say that I bought Geddy a beer! "Hi, he's forty years of unbelievably interesting and thought provoking jams!" "Uh, thanks, here's a Molson!" Actually, food and drink is usually free in those "club seating" areas, so I probably won't get the chance, but it's fun to think about.

Sounds very cool! I would like to see how he scores a game, myself, but would never ask! My dad taught me one way, but then a year later at a Pirates game some very elderly man was seated next to myself and a girlfriend and he said, "Young lady, how in the world are you scoring??!!" so I always felt like I was doing it wrong after that! :D Later on, my husband told me everyone does it little bit differently and I felt better! :)

I just listened to this myself. Pretty awesome interview actually. They are obviously big fans... :dweez:

Geddy's nickname should be "Silk" because the dude is just smooooooooooth.

That was an interesting interview. His comment about frustrated Leafs fans..... priceless.

About the radio interview, :"are you done right now touring"? : geddy: "it's going to be hard to get us back again", but he just say after that: right now there's no plan for a tour, so it's not a definitive no. I am sure after a couple years of break, they will have the desire to write new material and hit the road for a short tour...

About the radio interview, :"are you done right now touring"? : geddy: "it's going to be hard to get us back again", but he just say after that: right now there's no plan for a tour, so it's not a definitive no. I am sure after a couple years of break, they will have the desire to write new material and hit the road for a short tour...

It must be nice to be so omniscient. :)

• Like 1

:angel: remember the movie "wings of desire"...

• Like 1

I haven't seen it.

I haven't seen it.

Wingsofdesireposter.jpg

Peter Falk is great in it.

• Like 1