The nominees for the 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

custom55

I watched an interesting documentary on PBS called Great Museums, this one was it is about the RORHOF Museum in Cleveland.

The Director of the Museum ( Greg Harris) claims that the purpose of the Museum is to pull together all of the genres that Rock and Roll have morphed into or had an influence on,

"So, it's not four skinny guys with long hair and guitars only," explains Greg Harris, President and CEO of the museum." It's also vocalists, folk singers, soul music, dance music, hip-hop, punk, heavy metal, grunge, and electronic dance music .All are branches of the tree of rock and roll."

So, this is why so many groups are nominated, because they are believed to be a hybrid of rock and roll.

Okay, all of this bs makes sense to me now.

Just think if it were the music hall of fame how much more fun choosing would be... :sarcastic:

and the Cars better get in anyway, just saying, they are from CLEVELAND, dammitt!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

I watched an interesting documentary on PBS called Great Museums, this one was it is about the RORHOF Museum in Cleveland.

The Director of the Museum ( Greg Harris) claims that the purpose of the Museum is to pull together all of the genres that Rock and Roll have morphed into or had an influence on,

"So, it's not four skinny guys with long hair and guitars only," explains Greg Harris, President and CEO of the museum." It's also vocalists, folk singers, soul music, dance music, hip-hop, punk, heavy metal, grunge, and electronic dance music .All are branches of the tree of rock and roll."

So, this is why so many groups are nominated, because they are believed to be a hybrid of rock and roll.

Okay, all of this bs makes sense to me now.

Just think if it were the music hall of fame how much more fun choosing would be... :sarcastic:

The prog and metal branches are bare of leaves.

and the Cars better get in anyway, just saying, they are from CLEVELAND, dammitt!!!!!!!

Boston

Ocasek and Orr are from Cleveland, that is why I stated that -

It's a shame that some of these bands haven't been in the R&R Hall of Fame even with the huge impact they have done on music.

thats why it is a joke

Want to get really mad?

Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Journey, Foreigner, Jethro Tull, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi and Ozzy Osbourne (Solo)

were NOT GOOD enough to make THIS list of consideration?

Bon Jovi is definitely not good enough!

Wrong.

I've never been so right in my entire life!

You destroyed am entire ERA of rock music with your opinions.

Damn, that's impressive! Go me!

I did enjoy watching Nirvana eat Warrant for breakfast.

When will Don Johnson get in?

He's not in already?

I really think the Hall is trying their hardest to distance themselves from the " skinny guys with long hair and guitars" .. That's why we will probably never see the likes of Maiden, Priest, Motorhead.. I'd love to sit in on a committee meriting and see the reaction if any of these bands are brought up.

I really think the Hall is trying their hardest to distance themselves from the " skinny guys with long hair and guitars" .. That's why we will probably never see the likes of Maiden, Priest, Motorhead.. I'd love to sit in on a committee meriting and see the reaction if any of these bands are brought up.

I'm not the biggest fan of metal. I like it. And I know enough that the three bands you mentioned belong in any legitimate rock music hall of fame.

I really think Yes and Deep Purple will get in since they were more or less snubbed last time they tried. Also, I'd be surprised if the Cars and Chicago didn't get in. I like some Cheap Trick but can't say I'm a huge fan. I think eventually they should get in though(probably next year if not this year). Any major band formed in the sixties who is still around should definitely be in there though. That's why there is not much justice in the world if Yes, DP and Chi-town don't get in. ;)

The nominees are:

• Chicago
  • Cheap Trick
  • Deep Purple
  • The Cars
  • Chaka Khan
  • Chic
  • The J.B.’s
  • Janet Jackson
  • Los Lobos
  • Steve Miller
  • N.W.A.
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Smiths
  • The Spinners
  • Yes <----------------------------------------------------------------------

Should get in....seriously.

NWA? Chaka Khan? Janet Jackson?

:wtf:

Edited by Todem

The Cars are now currently second!!! BeepBeep :cheers:

I voted... several tens of times...

Is the land of Jimmy Sturr Chicago by any chance?

• Like 1

The Cars are now currently second!!! BeepBeep :cheers:

I voted... several tens of times...

Is the land of Jimmy Sturr Chicago by any chance?

Actually, it is Florida, NY...