Geddy's voice sounds like fingernails over a chalkboard

Dread Pirate Robert

I cringed once. It made me fart. I don't cringe anymore.

Look what this place turns into when the touring stops.

Have you ever tried Bean-O?

My wife and I have joked many times about getting some for her. Not sure if she winces or cringes though. She is typically facing the other direction... ;) Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

I was born without the musculature to allow me to cringe.

What do you do instead?

Drink heavily and rant about climate change.

• Like 2

http://37.media.tumblr.com/3751d92313c04d4b814461ddcbb9c2a2/tumblr_n7q5a4W26h1rb8tmvo1_500.gif

Aarrrgh, treeduck, some things you can't un see!

That's a good thing! :huh: :o :smoke:

Much preferred than skin and bones any day in my view. Jus sayin... :)
  • Like 1

The banshee wail of older RUSH material makes it unlistenable. That's why I've always said that real RUSH doesn't begin till Presto.

True dat. That album still gives me a jolt of adrenaline every time I hear it. And the wordplay, I swear I discover something new every time I hear it.

The banshee wail of older RUSH material makes it unlistenable. That's why I've always said that real RUSH doesn't begin till Presto.

True dat. That album still gives me a jolt of adrenaline every time I hear it. And the wordplay, I swear I discover something new every time I hear it.

Still not as life changing as Counterparts. Until I heard that album I never had any luck with girls. Now I have to fight email off with a stick. Better than any Charles Atlas shit they used to sell in magazines.

• Like 2

I actually think his voice sounded like areal singer during the roll the bones tour. That's where he sounded his most mature.. and my fav era of him live was the 1981 Moving Pictures tour...

I agree with you. I'm listening to Canada '81 right now.

Still not as life changing as Counterparts. Until I heard that album I never had any luck with girls. Now I have to fight email off with a stick. Better than any Charles Atlas shit they used to sell in magazines.

:wub: :coy:

• Like 1

:unsure:

• Like 1

Then there's the intellectual delight of S&A. Insightful without being preachy, and scrupulously fair to ideas the great man rejected a long time ago, this is even better than Oprah's Soul Sundays. And this trenchence is all accompanied by an upbeat tempo reminiscent of garage rock. The instrumentals were a nice touch too, as a nice break from the firehose of Neil's limitless capacity to inform and give meaning to what would otherwise seem to be an insignificant existence.
  • Like 6

Hi darlin'... you know we don't have to wait till well after midnight to get started on traditional roles.

• Like 2

Hi darlin'... you know we don't have to wait till well after midnight to get started on traditional roles.

Oh for the speed of love dear. :blush:

• Like 2

Then there's the intellectual delight of S&A. Insightful without being preachy, and scrupulously fair to ideas the great man rejected a long time ago, this is even better than Oprah's Soul Sundays. And this trenchence is all accompanied by an upbeat tempo reminiscent of garage rock. The instrumentals were a nice touch too, as a nice break from the firehose of Neil's limitless capacity to inform and give meaning to what would otherwise seem to be an insignificant existence.

Have you ever considered writing a book? Maybe Neil could team up with you as a ghost writer.

• Like 1

Knowing all of this now I feel so bad sitting on my hands at the S & A show when they were playing those songs. I just didn't get it. The nerds guys in front of me were talking about how great it was and I wouldn't listen. They were saying how with every listen you gain more insight and the nuances of the songs and message. I am embarrassed to call myself a Rush fan now... :blush:
  • Like 2

Knowing all of this now I feel so bad sitting on my hands at the S & A show when they were playing those songs. I just didn't get it. The nerds guys in front of me were talking about how great it was and I wouldn't listen. They were saying how with every listen you gain more insight and the nuances of the songs and message. I am embarrassed to call myself a Rush fan now... :blush:

You should be! :smash: S&A is the finest in garage rock there is. Just ask Bathory. He knows. :yes:

:dweez:

• Like 1

Lies. Why do you pollute TRF with your lies??

You're right. I forgot Available Light.

Real RUSH starts with Roll the Bones. Starts and ends, really.

• Like 1