Have you ever drank so much booze that you blacked out and lost hours or days?

treeduck

BLACKOUT POLL  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever drunk so much booze that you blacked out?

No. I've always wondered how one can be awake and not remember what they did. It sounds a little frightening, actually.

I always have to what's going on. I have never trusted people around me to let myself go like that.

It's just interesting to tell people "well, you did this..." and they are either shocked or think its funny,

I have lots to tell about other people.

It's weird, yes. For me it went like this; one minute I was drinking in a bar with my mates the next minute I woke up in a hotel miles away at night and it was another day altogether. You kind of patch in imaginary versions of what you're supposed to have done in lieu of memories by getting info from your pals, unless you weren't with anyone of course.

The nearest thing to this was when I woke up from being under anesthetic and instead of waking up normally my awareness just kicked in the middle of an ongoing situation. I found myself already in the middle of a conversation with two nurses wondering what the hell the conversation was about and how long it had been going on!

Lol, reminds me of getting my wisdom teeth removed. When I came out of anesthesia I would only speak in Spanish. I am not a fluent speaker and my wife had to keep telling me to speak English.

No. I've always wondered how one can be awake and not remember what they did. It sounds a little frightening, actually.

I always have to what's going on. I have never trusted people around me to let myself go like that.

It's just interesting to tell people "well, you did this..." and they are either shocked or think its funny,

I have lots to tell about other people.

It's weird, yes. For me it went like this; one minute I was drinking in a bar with my mates the next minute I woke up in a hotel miles away at night and it was another day altogether. You kind of patch in imaginary versions of what you're supposed to have done in lieu of memories by getting info from your pals, unless you weren't with anyone of course.

The nearest thing to this was when I woke up from being under anesthetic and instead of waking up normally my awareness just kicked in the middle of an ongoing situation. I found myself already in the middle of a conversation with two nurses wondering what the hell the conversation was about and how long it had been going on!

Lol, reminds me of getting my wisdom teeth removed. When I came out of anesthesia I would only speak in Spanish. I am not a fluent speaker and my wife had to keep telling me to speak English.

That's what I was having done when I had that anesthetic. They only put me under for half an hour and I felt fine afterwards, like I'd taken an afternoon nap.

I once glugged down a whole 70cl bottle of vodka in one, showing off in front of some girls. I was 14 at the time.

I passed out almost immediately and had to have heart massage in the ambulance and my stomach pumped in the hospital. Lost a full 24hrs. Not good at all kids.

Amazingly I got off with both girls later that week...

Edited by Tony R
  • Like 1

I once glugged down a whole 70cl bottle of vodka in one, showing off in front of some girls. I was 14 at the time.

I passed out almost immediately and had to have heart massage in the ambulance and my stomach pumped in the hospital. Lost a full 24hrs. Not good at all kids.

That's not the same as a blackout. A blackout is when you carry on functioning fully awake but have no memory of it later and as far you're concerned you've been unconscious for an extended period. It's almost like someone else takes over your body for you while you disappear for a while to take a break.

That's not the same as a blackout. A blackout is when you carry on functioning fully awake but have no memory of it later and as far you're concerned you've been unconscious for an extended period. It's almost like someone else takes over your body for you while you disappear for a while to take a break.

Oh yeah, soz.

I've blacked out several times but not for ages. Unfortunately there are pics somewhere.

I used to end up at someone's house after closing the bar where we'd all been drinking...not a friend or even a drinking buddy, but just somebody's house, somebody I may not have even known before that night- but I wouldn't even be able to put that much together until after I became conscious again, lying in the bathtub at said person's house, fully clothed and vomit-stained. Those kinds of things happened to me multiple times.

Ahh, yes, it was a glorious life.

I don't miss it.

On the lighter side, though (although I suppose that's totally subjective), I had a friend after I got sober who once blacked out after getting drunk in Dayton, Ohio, and woke up in Austin, Texas, with a 19 year-old girl on each arm.

• Like 1

I used to end up at someone's house after closing the bar where we'd all been drinking...not a friend or even a drinking buddy, but just somebody's house, somebody I may not have even known before that night- but I wouldn't even be able to put that much together until after I became conscious again, lying in the bathtub at said person's house, fully clothed and vomit-stained. Those kinds of things happened to me multiple times.

I don't miss it.

On the lighter side, though (although I suppose that's totally subjective), I had a friend after I got sober who once blacked out after getting drunk in Dayton, Ohio, and woke up in Austin, Texas, with a 19 year-old girl on each arm.

He'd cut her in two?

• Like 2

I don't miss it.

He'd cut her in two?

:syrinx: :laughing guy: ...

I think we are all leaving out these details due to 1) shame and 2) we don't know. For example, in my second story I somehow got home and carried on for a couple of hours before passing out in bathroom. I have no idea how I got home (apparently I drove) and the only person who knows why I was doing was tripping so no one will ever know what happened.... I left out some details about some things that apparently transpired at the bar as well that I did hear about the next day.. Not proud
  • Like 1

Oh, yes. :hail: :smoke:

Must be like 20 years ago. I was on a pub crawl and I was so f**ked, that I don't know how I managed to go home.

I brought a steam iron with me, and to this day, I've no idea where I "borrowed" it from.

Only thing I know for sure is that I knocked myself down to the ground, with the damn thing, while I was waving at my girlfriend. :16ton:

• Like 1

Up to you; I'm not lobbying for that. Nothing personal against you; I hope you don't take it that way. Just an opinion.

Actually, I tried to delete both of them now but it didn't keep. I delete / edit my posts all the time due to spelling so I don't see why it's not working now. Anyway, I asked the big guy to step in and delete both of them. After that, it's up to you guys to delete your posts that quoted me.

It's irrelevant that it wasn't personal. It's irrelevant that you weren't lobbying for it. It's relevant that it touched a nerve. On my part it was barely a joke, done on a whim, and unimportant.

• Like 1

Up to you; I'm not lobbying for that. Nothing personal against you; I hope you don't take it that way. Just an opinion.

Actually, I tried to delete both of them now but it didn't keep. I delete / edit my posts all the time due to spelling so I don't see why it's not working now. Anyway, I asked the big guy to step in and delete both of them. After that, it's up to you guys to delete your posts that quoted me.

It's irrelevant that it wasn't personal. It's irrelevant that you weren't lobbying for it. It's relevant that it touched a nerve. On my part it was barely a joke, done on a whim, and unimportant.

let's all just eat some cake and get along :LOL:

• Like 2

let's all just eat some cake and get along :LOL:

This IS getting along. But I'll take the cake anyway.

• Like 2