It's "THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!" Everyone Loves Europe! GEICO Does! I Love John Norum!

RUSHHEAD666

Guys! I know you all have a special place in your heart for Europe! The first two albums are amazing yet most Europe is known for their third album "The Final Countdown." It's pure melodic cheese but I love the record. My buddy and I saw them on that tour. It was the only band we had ever seen who opened the show with "The Final Countdown" and then in the encore ended the show with, you guessed it... "The Final Countdown."

Hell, Norum was so pissed off about how commercial that record was he left the band!!!

Of course if you know your Europe History John came back into the band many years ago.

I think they are a much more matured hard rock band now!

They keep releasing album after album.

"ROCK THE NIGHT" BITCHES!!!!!

Have you guys seen that GEICO commercial with the Europe of now playing "The Final Countdown?" I think it's priceless.

I dig Joey Tempest too. He's aged very wel

I actually met that band back in 1986. They did a meet and greet at Tower Records in Concord California.

I had this fold out post from a 12 ep import. I opened it up and had the guys sign it. They were all talking in Swedish and laughing. I think they were making fun of me for having that limited edition fold out poster.

I didn't give a fukk back then! The b side was "SEVEN DOORS HOTEL." I love that song!

Can't win! At least I don't look like a chick with dick! UGH!

I sold that autographed vinyl ep a year later for like ten bucks. I was over them.

Part of me wishes I still had it. Anyway it wasn't John Norum's autograph! Some scrub replacement guitarist signed it!

I prefer the horror movie "Carrie" over this band's big number one ballad hit "Carrie."

"Things they change my friend............. maybe we'll meet again somewhere again."

When lights go down.............

• Like 1

I saw that commercial a couple of days ago. It was funny... :LOL:

I saw Europe as support act for Def Leppard, on the Hysteria tour, summer of 1988.

:P

I've left both of those bands behind, long, long ago.

I'm afraid I don't like them at all.

To be fair, not heard much from them for years, so they may have matured a bit by now.

If by 'matured', you mean they've gotten nearly thirty years older, well then yes, they have!

I think the first two albums were above average, yet run of the mill, eighties metal. As for The Final Countdown, lovers of the artier side of rock and metal may despair, but for AOR and cheese rock fans like me, it is the best of the best.

I do love Europe. Not a bad album.

I was never a fan but I really do like the commercial. My brother and I were watching something together a few weeks ago when we first saw it. We got a good laugh out of it. It transported both of us back to when we were kids and the song was huge.

I can't recall the last time I even thought of the band before seeing the commercial. I wonder is sales for the song have spiked up in iTunes since the commercial started? I wouldn't be surprised if they have.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I love Europe. They're great.

You have excellent taste in music my friend. Too bad the Egomaniac chick I mean child I can see for Myles has no clue to AOR music. Hypocritically he loves TOTO. I don't get it.

Perhaps I need to jack off to Kate Bush to be accepted in the fanboi club of boyhood bop boredom..........

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I love Europe. They're great.

You have excellent taste in music my friend. Too bad the Egomaniac chick I mean child I can see for Myles has no clue to AOR music. Hypocritically he loves TOTO. I don't get it.

Perhaps I need to jack off to Kate Bush to be accepted in the fanboi club of boyhood bop boredom..........

Erm I praised Europe you silly!

I love Europe!

I have mixed feelings about the commercial...

...part of me says, "cool".

The other part says, "d'oh!"

Jesus well it's on all the time during NFL games. They must be doing something right! I FUKKING LOVE IT!

People in bars are humming to it and they are half my age.

It's about time that Europe gets some love again here in the States. I for one have always been a fan since day one.

Oh yeah baby. I had their self titled album and "Wings Of Tomorrow" before "The Final Countdown."

Not trying to brag. Just keeping it real. REAL FUCKKING ROCK AND ROLL!!!! Too much keyboards? YES!! It ruined them.

Get the first two!