New Everest film

Tom Sawyer

So I've read "Into thin air" multiple times, seen every mountain climbing film made at least once, and most hiking films. huge fan of Ed Viesters the only man to summit all 8000 plus meter peaks ALL WITHOUT SUPPLEMENTAL OXYGEN.

I'm psyched! This film looks entertaining

• Like 3

Seeing it tomorrow in IMAX with my good friend Brian O'Connor, son of supreme court justice Sandra Day O'Connor.

Brian has summited Everest without oxygen, and he gave me one of my prize possessions, a prayer scarf that he took to the summit!

Pretty cool seeing this film with someone who has climbed the mountain.

Edited by launchpad67a
  • Like 6

So I've read "Into thin air" multiple times, seen every mountain climbing film made at least once, and most hiking films. huge fan of Ed Viesters the only man to summit all 8000 plus meter peaks ALL WITHOUT SUPPLEMENTAL OXYGEN.

I'm psyched! This film looks entertaining

Did you see Meru?

If not, go see it now.

• Like 1

Seeing it tomorrow in IMAX with my good friend Brian O'Connor, son of supreme court justice Sandra Day O'Connor.

Brian has summited Everest without oxygen, and he gave me one of my prize possessions, a prayer scarf that he took to the summit!

Pretty cool seeing this film with someone who has climbed the mountain.

Wow, that's a cool story... Enjoy the movie. I am interested in seeing this movie also.

that film was excellent, yes I cried at the end, I have always felt very close to the team, reading so much about it and rereading it was bound to have a profound impact on me.

I'll have to wait to see meru as my budget doesn't allow for a lot of theater viewing of films

Tuesdays are half price movies, my type of deal. Just got home from seeing this movie... amazing... First time I've ever seen a movie wearing 3D glasses... The scenery is so spectacular, the story is true and presented realistically. I definitely give it 2 thumbs up and am happy I saw it....

I enjoyed the movie. It reminded me why I have no desire to climb Everest.

I watched it with my wife and it made her mad that they would leave their families to do that.

:yes: To each his own, but this kind of thrill-seeking is something I just don't get.

Saw it last night. Was cliche with no real character development, and corny, predictable dialogue. The cinemtography and scenery were cool, but i didnt really FEEL the characters.

Saw it last night. Was cliche with no real character development, and corny, predictable dialogue. The cinemtography and scenery were cool, but i didnt really FEEL the characters.

It's easy to develop for people to dislike (e.g. characters who will be victims in horror films), but hard to develop characters the audience will... I can't think of many instances where I feel for each of the main character in a movie (Little Miss Sunshine).

One dimensional characters are the safest bet and kind of forced too due to the time constraint put on by a feature film (90-120 minutes really isn't a lot of time). But I hear you.

I haven't seen the movie yet but I hope it's not too corny and cliche, I've been looking forward to this one since early this year :LOL: