Most Over hated Rush Song

Bigbobby10

In general: High Water and Superconductor

On this forum: Witch Hunt

I have seen some dislike for Witch Hunt around here but not much "hate" at least in my observation. Even the dislike is nuts however in my view but different strokes I suppose... :huh:

Witch Hunt is a set piece not designed to play live. They started playing it live twomtours later and of course its become sort of a mainstay. The liked it enough to include it on a live album.

I never understood why Stick it Out gets so much hate. The song ROCKS!!! :haz:

It stinks.

Truly hate it, I really do.

Why? It kicks ass. So the lyrics are silly but he song isn't worth hating. Ymmv.

It's heavy and I don't hate it...but I can understand how it could grate on someone and come off as a bit obnoxious.

• Like 1

when people throw around songs like rivendell or take a friend or i think i'm going bald as the band's absolute "worst" I just roll my eyes. nothing before power windows is a valid answer for worst rush song

Great. That debate is finally settled.

• Like 1

I never understood why Stick it Out gets so much hate. The song ROCKS!!! :haz:

It stinks.

Truly hate it, I really do.

Why? It kicks ass. So the lyrics are silly but he song isn't worth hating. Ymmv.

It's heavy and I don't hate it...but I can understand how it could grate on someone and come off as a bit obnoxious.

There's some dislike of the grunge sound around here...in Music of the Spheres, anyway.

when people throw around songs like rivendell or take a friend or i think i'm going bald as the band's absolute "worst" I just roll my eyes. nothing before power windows is a valid answer for worst rush song

Agreed 100%. Even the songs that aren't anything special don't even come close to the many stinkaroos post 85'... :)
  • Like 2

Roll The Bones.

With the exception of the "rap" part, it's a pretty good tune.

Live on R40 was superb. The video helped the rap immensely.

The rap is possibly my favourite part of the whole song.

• Like 1

The song that actually does deserve hate: The Larger Bowl (officially my least favorite Rush song). I would like to hear anyone's defense of that one.

I really like The Larger Bowl. In my opinion it is a very well written song with a very strong message.

The song that actually does deserve hate: The Larger Bowl (officially my least favorite Rush song). I would like to hear anyone's defense of that one.

I really like The Larger Bowl. In my opinion it is a very well written song with a very strong message.

See my post in 'The Larger Bowl is my favourite....'

One song that comes to mind is Circumstances. I don't know how many times I've heard somebody mention how they don't like the song. Sacrilege.
  • Like 4

Superconductor has a dreadful film clip.Great song though.I like ,love all the songs mentioned above.I don't like Freeze.And i am sick of Smoke on the Radio or Spirit on the Water or whatever it is.I was never that keen on it to start with i think.

One song that comes to mind is Circumstances. I don't know how many times I've heard somebody mention how they don't like the song. Sacrilege.

My best friend and I have a very long running ( and humorous ) debate as to who is the better bass player - Geddy or Chris Squire ..

The debate goes back to our high school days ( 80s ), and I would regularly point to Circumstances because not only does the song have some great bass playing, but the fact that Geddy sings over the top of some of the best bass lines makes it even better ..

My friend always said "Ahhh, they never played Circumstances live, so it doesn't matter" ..

I knew they had played it live, but never had the proof ( this started pre internet, mind you )

Anyways, when RUSH released that clip of Circumstances - which was an actual performance - I had my friend over to watch a movie ... Before the movie began, I surprised him with Circumstances

:)

• Like 2

My best friend and I have a very long running ( and humorous ) debate as to who is the better bass player - Geddy or Chris Squire ..

The debate goes back to our high school days ( 80s ), and I would regularly point to Circumstances because not only does the song have some great bass playing, but the fact that Geddy sings over the top of some of the best bass lines makes it even better ..

My friend always said "Ahhh, they never played Circumstances live, so it doesn't matter" ..

I knew they had played it live, but never had the proof ( this started pre internet, mind you )

Anyways, when RUSH released that clip of Circumstances - which was an actual performance - I had my friend over to watch a movie ... Before the movie began, I surprised him with Circumstances

Just a little bit of satisfaction at that, I'm sure. :)

Just a little bit of satisfaction at that, I'm sure. :)

food-drink-revenge-vengefulness-revengeful-recipes-ingredients-mbcn3367_low.jpg
  • Like 2

What Rush song do you think gets the most hate that probably doesn't deserve it.

To me it is Superconductor, the song is pretty good and catchy just like the rest of Presto

someone else out there feels what I feel!
  • Like 1