Band of Brothers

Bigbobby10

I saw it when it originally came out.

Those guys were the bravest. It's a hard show to watch again for me. Too emotional.

Everyone should see it once.

On the other hand, I thought the Pacific was poorly produced.

My Father was a Marine so I knew the story, I just thought it was not well put together on film.

• Like 2

Those guys were the bravest. It's a hard show to watch again for me. Too emotional.

Watched it all as it unfolded in the original run, I agree that it's a hard one to watch again.

• Like 1

On the other hand, I thought the Pacific was poorly produced.

My Father was a Marine so I knew the story, I just thought it was not well put together on film.

I agree with you 100% this show actually brought me a few tears in my eyes.

And Pacific isnt that good

Love BoB, didn't enjoy the pacific as much. Great casting and writing interwoven with real events. It's cool seeing the actual soldiers interviewed. Dick Winters is such a soft spoken guy to have accomplished everything he did
  • Like 1

I absolutely love Band Of Brothers. Not only the history of it but the way the cast is put together is brilliant. Damien Lewis really does a great job and makes you feel that Dick Winters was a guy you'd follow through Hell and beyond.

I agree that The Pacific wasn't as good. I think that intertwining personal stories made it weaker and feel like a fictional story.

• Like 1

I absolutely love Band Of Brothers. Not only the history of it but the way the cast is put together is brilliant. Damien Lewis really does a great job and makes you feel that Dick Winters was a guy you'd follow through Hell and beyond.

I agree that The Pacific wasn't as good. I think that intertwining personal stories made it weaker and feel like a fictional story.

In the early 70's Dick Winters and his family moved to Hershey,PA, which is just down the road from us. After BOB came out he did a lot of historical speaking in the area and I was stupid not to go. They often had him on the news and they always said he was most comfortable talking about Easy Company, not himself. They don't make many like him, for sure.

In the early 70's Dick Winters and his family moved to Hershey,PA, which is just down the road from us. After BOB came out he did a lot of historical speaking in the area and I was stupid not to go. They often had him on the news and they always said he was most comfortable talking about Easy Company, not himself. They don't make many like him, for sure.

That's really cool to know, thanks for the share!

• Like 1

One of the few series I actually bought on DVD, that's how much it moved me.

Someone gave me the set, and I've probably watched it eight times. I watch it every winter. The upside of insomnia.
  • Like 2

My favorite scene was Spears running right through the front line of the Germans to reach the cutoff platoon and running right back while every single German was shooting at him. Doesn't get any better than that.
  • Like 1

My favorite scene was Spears running right through the front line of the Germans to reach the cutoff platoon and running right back while every single German was shooting at him. Doesn't get any better than that.

i,possible for me to have a favorite scene. Just too good!

Did you watch The Pacific? I tried, but lost interest.

i,possible for me to have a favorite scene. Just too good!

Did you watch The Pacific? I tried, but lost interest.

Exactly, I think I got through three episodes. But I've binge watched B.O.B. at least 6 times.
  • Like 1

Make that nine times, in about 10 days. The opener, "Curahee", is so damn good. Who knew Ross would be a crappy C.O.?

That mini-series is as great as Friends is shitty. Schwimmer was cast well in Band of Brothers. That single episode in BoB was greater than all his years as Ross.

• Like 1

Make that nine times, in about 10 days. The opener, "Curahee", is so damn good. Who knew Ross would be a crappy C.O.?

That mini-series is as great as Friends is shitty. Schwimmer was cast well in Band of Brothers. That single episode in BoB was greater than all his years as Ross.

Yes. He was used perfectly, especially when he couldn't read the map. That scene is still with me.

• Like 2

I think we struggle with the pacific because the main characters are a lot more flawed in that than in BoB. As far as the schwimmer character, it's a very common problem in the military. Smart young men good in the classroom and able to march well and polish brass and boots can be terrible leaders with no natural field talents. You don't find out until it's too late sometimes. 2nd lieutenants barely get more respect than slick sleeve privates until they prove it.

I think we struggle with the pacific because the main characters are a lot more flawed in that than in BoB. As far as the schwimmer character, it's a very common problem in the military. Smart young men good in the classroom and able to march well and polish brass and boots can be terrible leaders with no natural field talents. You don't find out until it's too late sometimes. 2nd lieutenants barely get more respect than slick sleeve privates until they prove it.

I liked The Pacific good enough. I just thought that Band was a lot better.

I liked The Pacific good enough. I just thought that Band was a lot better.

The European Theater is more compelling, I think. The portrayal of the Pacific Theater that sticks with me is Maleck's Thin Red Line.
  • Like 1