Why Dog Years is the best Rush song EVER!

Bigbobby10

Just an added personal observation, at times Ged's voice on dog years sounds like it was on permanent waves at its glorious best. Only track post-waves is replicated I reckon.

Some of that album IS enjoyable. But, as I've said before, the lyrics to Dog Years and Virtuality just ruined the whole experience for this old Rush fan. :codger:

For me T4E is one of those albums that suffers from the cd format, meaning that with the increased capacity of the cd compared to the traditional 12 inch vinyl record, albums became longer in duration and some weaker tracks were included. Edit T4E down to 8 songs, exclude Dogs Years, Virtuality and even The Colour of Right and it makes T4E a pretty good record.

Some of that album IS enjoyable. But, as I've said before, the lyrics to Dog Years and Virtuality just ruined the whole experience for this old Rush fan. :codger:

For me T4E is one of those albums that suffers from the cd format, meaning that with the increased capacity of the cd compared to the traditional 12 inch vinyl record, albums became longer in duration and some weaker tracks were included. Edit T4E down to 8 songs, exclude Dogs Years, Virtuality and even The Colour of Right and it makes T4E a pretty good record.

Two songs, four songs, eight songs, No matter which you pick the songs are only half good which is the major problem for TFE.

220px-Hundejahre_german_edition_1963.jpg

Dog Years (Hundejahre) is a novel by Günter Grass. It was first published in Germany in 1963. Its English translation, by Ralph Manheim, was first published in 1965. Grass's style frequently parodies Martin Heidegger's arcane philosophical syntax in Being and Time, which one of the teenage protagonists likes to poke fun at.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_Years_(novel)

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Hated dogyears with a passion for a good while after album release. Only track I always skipped.

A few years ago i started to see it in a different light.

Now one my all time rush favs go fig.

I like this as well! Tongue in cheek lyrics and the skng is melodically AWESOME!

• Like 1

It seems to me

While it's true that every dog will have his day

When all the bones are buried

There is barely time to go outside and play

That verse has more meaning to me than anything else on T4E.

:yes: