Max Webster's Battle Scar (1980 - Rush played on it, Geddy sings)

rftag

I don't know whether most people on this forum have heard this song before or not, but it's a song called "Battle Scar" by a band called "Max Webster":

It sounds very Rushy and Geddy sings on it (all three members of Rush play on it, recorded live).

For those who are not familiar with it, it may be the closest thing to a "lost Rush song" from their classic period that you will ever hear since Rush famously didn't save recordings not used on albums (though Alex has on at least one interview suggested he may have yet unheard Rush recordings in his house somewhere).

I suspect at least some have never heard it before and will appreciate hearing it, and if this is already well known and has been posted before I apologize.

From Wikipedia:

"The song Battle Scar was recorded live with all three members of Rush playing alongside Max Webster"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Webster

Edited by rftag
  • Like 4

Kim Mitchell and Geddy... BFF's!

http://41.media.tumblr.com/fb751bee528535595d081c9faf2c48dc/tumblr_mtz8cjdYMH1sg3xpdo1_400.jpg

Such a cute couple.

• Like 1

I also found some alleged video and stills from the notorious "down the tubes" Carress of Steel tour. Is it really really from that tour? I'm not sure... Maybe.

Use your own judgement.

There is neverteheless some cool commentary by Niel about the down the tubes tour that is worth hearing...

Edited by rftag

Kim Mitchell was in attendance at the Wednesday night show in Toronto at the ACC for R40 - He had floor seats and stayed for the duration of the show.

Max did a New Years Eve show at MLG in 1980/81 and Geddy joined them for Battle Scar - shame no recording has ever turned up.

Oh and Max Webster is the second best band out of Canada, at their peak it was a coin toss

Edited by taurus
  • Like 2

Kim Mitchell was in attendance at the Wednesday night show in Toronto at the ACC for R40 - He had floor seats and stayed for the duration of the show.

Max did a New Years Eve show at MLG in 1980/81 and Geddy joined them for Battle Scar - shame no recording has ever turned up.

Oh and Max Webster is the second best band out of Canada, at their peak it was a coin toss

Another big hit from Max Webster. A real rocker, "Check"...

I don't know whether most people on this forum have heard this song before or not, but it's a song called "Battle Scar" by a band called "Max Webster":

It sounds very Rushy and Geddy sings on it (all three members of Rush play on it, recorded live).

For those who are not familiar with it, it may be the closest thing to a "lost Rush song" from their classic period that you will ever hear since Rush famously didn't save recordings not used on albums (though Alex has on at least one interview suggested he may have yet unheard Rush recordings in his house somewhere).

I suspect at least some have never heard it before and will appreciate hearing it, and if this is already well known and has been posted before I apologize.

From Wikipedia:

"The song Battle Scar was recorded live with all three members of Rush playing alongside Max Webster"

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Max_Webster

I love this band. Kim Mitchell rules. "GO FOR A SODA!"

Rock Candy Records reissued and remastered three of their earlier albums. KICK ASS SHIT!

• Like 1

Kim is now the afternoon drive dj at Toronto,s Q107!!!!

From Wikipedia:

Co-written by Pye Dubois, ( Tom Sawyer)

From Wikipedia:

It used to get some play on Vancouver FM radio back in the early 90s. I think the DJ at the station (CFOX back then) was a fan of Kim Mitchell. I remember hearing the song, which is okay, and sort of registering that it was Geddy doing backing vocals, but I didn't realize it was a full-on collaboration until i read about it about two or three years ago and immediately went to Youtube to check it out, and then went "Oh, that song."

I remember hearing the song years and years ago on the radio. I remember thinking "that's got to be Geddy Lee, but who are the other guys?" but I never forgot the song. It's very distinctive.
  • Like 1

http://41.media.tumblr.com/fb751bee528535595d081c9faf2c48dc/tumblr_mtz8cjdYMH1sg3xpdo1_400.jpg

Such a cute couple.

Couple of lesbians lol

• Like 1

Such a cute couple.

Couple of lesbians lol

Is that Tiny Tim and Billy Jean King with long hair?

• Like 1