IT'S OFFICIAL - IT'S OVER!

Tony R

Every week it's a new drama with him.

As JARG said, if he has that many issues, this is not the place to seek help or to be.

We can't all walk on eggshells around here.

But we can dial back the cruelty. This coming from me, who loves to needle folks in good fun.

If your post is directed at me personally, please point out to me where and when I've been cruel to him? On the contrary, the young man has lashed out at me several times when he first got here. Once he accused me of killing rock and roll. Who knew?

So let me get this straight. Fraroc can do and say anything to anyone here because he has an "excuse" . But no one is supposed to defend themselves?

• Like 2

As JARG said, if he has that many issues, this is not the place to seek help or to be.

But we can dial back the cruelty. This coming from me, who loves to needle folks in good fun.

I think the gif is cruel only if John knew about Fraroc's current emotional crisis, otherwise I find it crude, perhaps, but apropos nonetheless.

If your post is directed at me personally, please point out to me where and when I've been cruel to him? On the contrary, the young man has lashed out at me several times when he first got here. Once he accused me of killing rock and roll. Who knew?

So let me get this straight. Fraroc can do and say anything to anyone here because he has an "excuse" . But no one is supposed to defend themselves?

So, should I be crass and tell you to lighten up, to quit being such a narcissist in thinking that my reference to cruelty was meant for you (which it wasn't). I'd say no, that would be uncalled for given the context. Fraroc has made it clear that he is aware of how his posts affect people. He has owned it. What you and others can do is put him on ignore. It works wonders in that it guards against being bothered by people that tend to annoy you and it forces you to own anything you subsequently read from that person as your decision. It's a great feature.

So, should I be crass and tell you to lighten up, to quit being such a narcissist in thinking that my reference to cruelty was meant for you (which it wasn't). I'd say no, that would be uncalled for given the context. Fraroc has made it clear that he is aware of how his posts affect people. He has owned it. What you and others can do is put him on ignore. It works wonders in that it guards against being bothered by people that tend to annoy you and it forces you to own anything you subsequently read from that person as your decision. It's a great feature.

If you set someone to 'ignore', can you pull up individual posts with a click in a thread? For example, if you want context to someone's unquoted response to something they said. Been curious about that feature, never used.

He's been on ignore for months, but he's all over the place with his drama.

And let me ask you why Hobo wasn't afforded the same leeway Fraroc is being given?

• Like 1

And let me ask you why Hobo wasn't afforded the same leeway Fraroc is being given?

I don't know about Hobo. I was wondering why she hasn't been around. I miss her posts in Music of the Spheres. Maybe she's a good example of why we shouldn't run people off.
  • Like 2

If you set someone to 'ignore', can you pull up individual posts with a click in a thread? For example, if you want context to someone's unquoted response to something they said. Been curious about that feature, never used.

Yes, you get a button on that person's posts that says "view anyway". That's how I just read your post.

(kidding!) :LOL:

I don't know about Hobo. I was wondering why she hasn't been around. I miss her posts in Music of the Spheres. Maybe she's a good example of why we shouldn't run people off.

She posted things that were a different kind of problem.

• Like 1

Glad I missed that.
  • Like 1

Indeed... :| Introspection not her thing Edited by Narps
  • Like 1