what to play ?!?!?

Dennisa2112

Alright im a 14 year old kid and im pretty sure in the only person whos even heard of rush at my school, i wanna get my friends into rush but they just dont seem to like them, what songs should i play for them or how do i get them to listen to rush ???

Hit them with "Cygnus X1" from A Farewell To Kings, "Anthem" from Fly By Night and "The Necromancer" from Caress Of Steel

This is some serious sh!t, and you want to make sure they take notice right away

14 here too, and trust me, its easier to find a unicorn than a rush fan at this age. The best people to share are drummers and bassists, if there are any at your school, also maybe someone who looks after a new kind of literature. I play bass and have a band, so i showed my drummer and he got fascinated, and even myself started playin bass because of them. Try also with anyone who likes some metal or prog rock, both will have easy acces to rush.

Btw, stay high with that proud ;)

• Like 1

14 here too, and trust me, its easier to find a unicorn than a rush fan at this age. The best people to share are drummers and bassists, if there are any at your school, also maybe someone who looks after a new kind of literature. I play bass and have a band, so i showed my drummer and he got fascinated, and even myself started playin bass because of them. Try also with anyone who likes some metal or prog rock, both will have easy acces to rush.

Btw, stay high with that proud ;)

Forgot to say: any kind of song you find able to show will be the best according to the one you chose to show rush. For example, show 2112 or Fountain for prog rock fans and maybe some Clockwork Angels or S&A for metal fans

Edited by mother of all machines

Hey mate. I'm a high schooler too. I've got a few hooked through different songs. If they're into a pop sort of thing, show them something like The Pass, Closer to the Heart or Limelight. As mentioned before, Metalheads will go better with some S&A or CA. I've also found that some people gravitate more towards stuff like Rivendell and Tears more. Even got a fellow guitarist interested through Hope. For a drummer, apart from the obvious LVS or YYZ, show them Natural Science, and even Hemispheres.

Again, all is subjective to who you're trying to get on your side. If you're a musician yourself, and others like your style, go ahead and do a cover to draw them in. Got a few of my mates interested through my covers of Shbdivisons and Closer to the heart, but even more so off of this one, a cover that I always play, of Bravado:

Hope this helps

-WavesandWindows

When I was 14 it seemed like I was the only Rush fan at my school as well. Most everyone else was into Kiss, Van Halen and Molly Hatchet.

As much as we want others to like the same music we do, this isn't always possible. That said, if there is one album people generally think about when Rush is mentioned, it is Moving Pictures. I say start with that.

I go to a neighborhood bar. A hole in the wall. Older southern people mixed with a few transplants.

The bar owner to my amazement had an internet juke box installed. Pretty much any music you could want.

Several patrons know my love for Rush, as they have seen me in Rush apparel and know I go to the concerts.

So, I played a couple Rush songs the other day.

Most everyone around the juke box moved to the other side of the room.

I go to a neighborhood bar. A hole in the wall. Older southern people mixed with a few transplants.

The bar owner to my amazement had an internet juke box installed. Pretty much any music you could want.

Several patrons know my love for Rush, as they have seen me in Rush apparel and know I go to the concerts.

So, I played a couple Rush songs the other day.

Most everyone around the juke box moved to the other side of the room.

:P

Awesome.

There's a few of us younger ones out there Dennisa2112. Pockets of us. But, I'm only 17 now, I think I met another couple if younger guys here the other night (16). Don't worry, we're not all One Direction and Juston Beiber fans yet.