Should TRF uncensor "F*ck"?

Mr. Not

Should TRF uncensor "F*ck"?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should TRF uncensor "F*ck"?

• Yes, having it censored is f*cking pointless
    • No, it's good to maintain this family-friendly effort as it helps set the tone for board behavior
    • Yes (other reason)
    • No (other reason)

I agree with

Maybe members could be go to their user settings and choose whether or not to censor words. Is that a possibility? By default, everything is censored but a user can disable it for themselves if they want to?

That option does not exist on this board, but it's a pretty good idea.

I think this was a very good idea. I find it annoying as well that words gets censored. It´s just stupid... but right now I am writing Fuuck every time instead of f**k

You, of all people, should be happy about this censorship.

:D

Why?

What is with Sweden and humor? It must be akin to Americans and historical perspective...or the British and oral prophylaxis.

I had to Google oral prophylaxis.

Dirty girl!

The bar hopping days? :huh: :P

goose - re oral prophylaxis: you'd have to talk to my hygienist about that. :D

• Like 1

Talking about the word 'f***', I once responded to a post with which it contained that word, and I got my a*se spanked by an Admin. I did apologise for it.

Talking about the word 'f***', I once responded to a post with which it contained that word, and I got my a*se spanked by an Admin. I did apologise for it.

Really? Weird.

Really? Weird.

I can't remember when it was, but I do know it was about something rather awful, and I said: "that's ....... gross!" and got told off.

Edited by Babycat

Really? Weird.

I can't remember when it was, but I do know it was about something rather awful, and I said: "that's ....... gross!" and got told off.

On here?

Really? Weird.

On here?

I guess standards have become more lax at TRF...as with lots of other places, too...

(By the way, it was not I who told off the babycat. I would never do such a thing!)

Really? Weird.

On here?

I guess standards have become more lax at TRF...as with lots of other places, too...

(By the way, it was not I who told off the babycat. I would never do such a thing!)

Blue J didn't, it was an Admin. He was probably right to, as I don't usually say such things, and it wasn't really necessary for me to post it.

Not only do I not remember that, I can't imagine why any of us mods or admins would even raise an eyebrow at that. There must have been something else about that post that caught our attention?

• Like 1

Not only do I not remember that, I can't imagine why any of us mods or admins would even raise an eyebrow at that. There must have been something else about that post that caught our attention?

Someone wrote about a vile movie called

2 Girls One Cup

, and my response was: That's ....... gross!"

• Like 1

2 Girls One Cup

Is this it? http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/68735-you-must-respond-v2/page__st__4200#entry3093886

I don't think that anyone is trying to censor anyone. The point is that it isn't necessary and adds nothing to a conversation, or to a person. Speaking only for myself, I find it undignified. We hear a lot about the "dignity of the human being" today, but I don't see much of it.

Anyway, like I said, I can't nor am I trying to stop anyone from using crude terminology. Whether it is censored here or not doesn't bother me. It's not my place, and it's not my "dime" that's running it.

it's not censored at all here, in a practical sense, so any literal content control is silly imo

whether someone posts 'f**k' or f*ck' or fuckpants, we all 'read' that word in the sentence

words aren't undignified, people are

2 Girls One Cup

Is this it? http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/68735-you-must-respond-v2/page__st__4200#entry3093886

Oh blimey - that's the one.

2 Girls One Cup

Is this it? http://www.therushfo...00#entry3093886

I don't recall anyone getting into bother over that :huh:

It just left a rather unpleasant taste in the mouth :syrinx:

• Like 5

2 Girls One Cup

Right, let's try to keep this thread in good taste (you f*cker).

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

2 Girls One Cup

I don't recall that either, but I did get a telling off at the time.

Edit to add: I'm not surprised at that, I remember there were a couple of pages deleted.

Edited by Babycat

2 Girls One Cup

Edit to add: I'm not surprised at that, I remember there were a couple of pages deleted.

We don't delete threads, or delete parts of threads that went bad. We either close them or move them to a hidden area, but we don't delete them. I can't find anything related to that thread where we scolded you for a post you made. I'm willing to bet we were scolding someone else that you had quoted.

2 Girls One Cup

We don't delete threads, or delete parts of threads that went bad. We either close them or move them to a hidden area, but we don't delete them. I can't find anything related to that thread where we scolded you for a post you made. I'm willing to bet we were scolding someone else that you had quoted.

Maybe it was in one of the Human Centipede threads...That involved more discussion on snacking on...y'know...but without the cup

2 Girls One Cup

Well... something happened. Thinking about it, you could be right about the closing part. And quite possibly about the telling someone else off bit. I'm beginning to think you could well be right about the last part too. Maybe I thought I was being told off when I wasn't?

2 Girls One Cup

Well... something happened. Thinking about it, you could be right about the closing part. And quite possibly about the telling someone else off bit. I'm beginning to think you could well be right about the last part too. Maybe I thought I was being told off when I wasn't?

Sounds like you had a guilty conscience ;)
  • Like 1

2 Girls One Cup

Sounds like you had a guilty conscience ;)

Not really, no. All I can remember is, thinking about it, that someone said something about the movie and he got told off, and I chimed in with my post, and accidentally got caught up in it. And because I got caught up in that, I mistakenly believed I was being told off, when in actual fact I wasn't (even though I had apologised for my rude post and was forgiven; in fact, I spoke about it in a PM). Ergo, 73 just made a valid point, and I clearly stand corrected, and now I can't remember what the point of my original post was.

:facepalm:

In fact, I think I'd better pack up my catnip and go back to bed.

• Like 2