Name The Greatest Rock Band Ever Created In The United States Of America!! I Bet You Know Mine! I'm "Runnin' With The Devil!"

RUSHHEAD666

Tie between the Eagles and Bon Jovi.

;)

I know you meant it as a joke but I agree with The Eagles. I know folks around here don't like them to say the least. Chicago would be a great choice as well...

I find it always suspicious when a band is named after a city, state or something like that. Chicago, Boston, Kansas, America, Texas... Even Black Oak Arkansas, they have something in them I don't get.

It shows lack of imagination, naturally, but somehow not one of these "geographical" bands have made it to my record collection.

You really should give Kansas a listen. If not, it's your loss.

• Like 3

;)

I know you meant it as a joke but I agree with The Eagles. I know folks around here don't like them to say the least. Chicago would be a great choice as well...

I find it always suspicious when a band is named after a city, state or something like that. Chicago, Boston, Kansas, America, Texas... Even Black Oak Arkansas, they have something in them I don't get.

It shows lack of imagination, naturally, but somehow not one of these "geographical" bands have made it to my record collection.

You really should give Kansas a listen. If not, it's your loss.

I have. Might be my loss. I don't hate them by any means, but I just find them a bit boring. Not for me.

I can't pick just one but I'm surprised no one has named these guys so far- small body of work (thanks, Axl) but awesome sound, IMO

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown_3.jpeg

• Like 1

;)

Texas is a band from Scotland.

Kansas

Toto

Styx

The Doors

The Beach Boys

Alter Bridge

Sorry I cannot pick just one!

• Like 1

For a long long time I thought Deep Purple was an American band... Was destroyed when I found out otherwise (thanks internet)... Honestly, though, it's hard to decide, and it still would be even if Deep Purple was American :yes:

I'm going to have to say Alice Cooper myself... Sorry! :LOL:

Jimi Hendrix and Frank Zappa were the two other huge considerations.

Jimi Hendrix Experience was actually formed in the UK.

Push comes to shove I'd consider them an American band since Jimi essentially was he band (in addition to that I'm not just limiting him experience, but counting gypsys & post-houmous works). Mitch Mitchell is an outstanding drummer though. Redding is... Standard :LOL:

• Like 1

Even though I'm not a huge fan of classic rock, I have to admit bands like Kansas, Foreigner, Journey, Styx and REO Speedwagon(before the both of them started putting out pussy music) CCR Boston and the Eagles just put of two decades of just legendary music.

And yes, Foreigner formed in the US :)

Edited by satchmothesnowdog

Kansas

Toto

Styx

The Doors

The Beach Boys

Alter Bridge

:heart: :heart: :heart: The Beach Boys soooo much!

I have been thinking about this a lot today though. I really think that you can't name just one band from the U. S. and that's a strength, and why the rock sound that started here in the 50's took over the world. The different sounds brought in from different artists and different areas of the country just made it grow and sound even more awesome over the years. Although if aliens landed and you tried to tell them for example, "Fun Fun Fun" and "Enter Sandman" were the same genre they would wonder but that's it's strength.

And let's hear it for RushHead666's Van Halen love! I love them!

• Like 2

;)

I know. They are still named after a geographical location, which was my point there.

Van Halen. It's not close.

Ok Rick. Don't take this the wrong way. I FUKKING LOVE YOU MAN! LOL!

I played my drums to the first six Van Halen albums today and tonight. FUCKKING FUN SHIT!!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

For a long long time I thought Deep Purple was an American band... Was destroyed when I found out otherwise (thanks internet)... Honestly, though, it's hard to decide, and it still would be even if Deep Purple was American :yes:

Push comes to shove I'd consider them an American band since Jimi essentially was he band (in addition to that I'm not just limiting him experience, but counting gypsys & post-houmous works). Mitch Mitchell is an outstanding drummer though. Redding is... Standard :LOL:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! MR. NOT!!! REALLY???

"PUSH COMES TO SHOVE?"

That's a VAN HALEN SONG!!!

Signed,

"Fair Warning"

• Like 1

;)

Falter Cringe

One of the worst bands in the world next to Greed I mean Creed. JUNK

"PUSH COMES TO SHOVE?"

Signed,

"Fair Warning"

I honestly had no clue :LOL:

I was, however, reminded of this album when typing the phrase up:

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/919/cover_3312820102009.jpg

"PUSH COMES TO SHOVE?"

Signed,

"Fair Warning"

I honestly had no clue :LOL:

I was, however, reminded of this album when typing the phrase up:

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/919/cover_3312820102009.jpg

HAHAHAHA! You made my night!!!

I'm listening to "Push Comes To Shove" right now in your honor! LOL!!!

I'm an obsessive musical whore.

Keeps me young!

I don't need creams or ointments or hair dye.

JUST GIVE ME ROCK AND FUCKKING ROLL!! :)

Even though I'm not a huge fan of classic rock, I have to admit bands like Kansas, Foreigner, Journey, Styx and REO Speedwagon(before the both of them started putting out pussy music) CCR Boston and the Eagles just put of two decades of just legendary music.

And yes, Foreigner formed in the US :)

FUCKK JOHN FOGERTY! He is suing CCR again.

I'm done with this fuckking tool local bay area idiot tit.

Move on you retard and play CENTERFIELD!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Kansas

Toto

Styx

The Doors

The Beach Boys

Alter Bridge

:heart: :heart: :heart: The Beach Boys soooo much!

I have been thinking about this a lot today though. I really think that you can't name just one band from the U. S. and that's a strength, and why the rock sound that started here in the 50's took over the world. The different sounds brought in from different artists and different areas of the country just made it grow and sound even more awesome over the years. Although if aliens landed and you tried to tell them for example, "Fun Fun Fun" and "Enter Sandman" were the same genre they would wonder but that's it's strength.

And let's hear it for RushHead666's Van Halen love! I love them!

YOU ROCK CHICA!!

VAN HALEN FOREVER!! FUKK SAM HALEN! FUKK VAN HAGAR!!

I'm up late watching a DVD bootleg of Van Halen in 1982. David's voice sucked back then too! LOL! HE IS THE SHIT BECAUSE HE HAS CHARISMA! CHARM! PERSONA! WIT!!!!!!!!!!

I love David Lee Roth!

I would take "Eat Em And Smile" and "Skyscraper" over "5150" and "OU812" any day!!!!!

Cheers and ROTH ON!

:)

FISHBONE!

HAHAHA! How did I miss this epic post? DUDE!! YOU RULE!! I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

FISHBONE!!!!!!

DAMN!

So:

VAN HALEN

BLUE OYSTER CULT

FISHBONE

And........................... YOU WANTED THE BEST YOU GOT THE BEST!!!!!

KISS!!!!!