Name The Greatest Rock Band Ever Created In The United States Of America!! I Bet You Know Mine! I'm "Runnin' With The Devil!"

RUSHHEAD666

For a long long time I thought Deep Purple was an American band... Was destroyed when I found out otherwise (thanks internet)... Honestly, though, it's hard to decide, and it still would be even if Deep Purple was American :yes:

I'm going to have to say Alice Cooper myself... Sorry! :LOL:

Jimi Hendrix and Frank Zappa were the two other huge considerations.

Jimi Hendrix Experience was actually formed in the UK.

I knew someone would state the truth!

I don't know anyone as pedantic as myself about these things.

For a long long time I thought Deep Purple was an American band... Was destroyed when I found out otherwise (thanks internet)... Honestly, though, it's hard to decide, and it still would be even if Deep Purple was American :yes:

I'm going to have to say Alice Cooper myself... Sorry! :LOL:

Jimi Hendrix and Frank Zappa were the two other huge considerations.

Jimi Hendrix Experience was actually formed in the UK.

I knew someone would state the truth!

I don't know anyone as pedantic as myself about these things.

I majored in English. "Pedantic" says it all. Well done.

Tie between the Eagles and Bon Jovi.

;)

I know you meant it as a joke but I agree with The Eagles. I know folks around here don't like them to say the least. Chicago would be a great choice as well...

;)

I know you meant it as a joke but I agree with The Eagles. I know folks around here don't like them to say the least. Chicago would be a great choice as well...

I like a lot of their songs but dislike them as people. My wife loves them so I hear their albums a good deal.

;)

I find it always suspicious when a band is named after a city, state or something like that. Chicago, Boston, Kansas, America, Texas... Even Black Oak Arkansas, they have something in them I don't get.

It shows lack of imagination, naturally, but somehow not one of these "geographical" bands have made it to my record collection.

Edited by Pete Bondurant

Grateful Dead.

I think the OP was looking for the best... ;)

Well, I thought about ZZ Top for a moment, and Skynyrd for another moment, but had to settle with The Dead.

Opinions. There are 2 kinds of them. Mine and wrong.

Besides, most of my favourite bands and artists have always hailed from the UK. Beatles, Stones, Who, Zeppelin, Floyd, Tull, Crimson, Bowie... Even Hendrix had to move to England first before his genius was noticed.

Edited by Pete Bondurant