What can possibly top last Fridays Concert? •••Spoiler•••

BlairC45

Well they could get their asses here to Europe (Sweden). That would top it for me anyway!

Much better to see them for real then on stupid periscope...

You could have gotten your own ass over here.

And better a "stupid periscope" than nothing.

Who is gonna pay for that then? You? Do you know how expensive it is to pay for both airplane ticket to USA, hotel and concert ticket? And I am very poor!

Like you once said to me.........................................But this is Rush, man, that we're talking about!

:cheers:

Just because it´s Rush dosen´t mean I can make money in the air. I have NO money!

• Like 1

Well they could get their asses here to Europe (Sweden). That would top it for me anyway!

Who is gonna pay for that then? You? Do you know how expensive it is to pay for both airplane ticket to USA, hotel and concert ticket? And I am very poor!

Like you once said to me.........................................But this is Rush, man, that we're talking about!

Just because it´s Rush dosen´t mean I can make money in the air. I have NO money!

If I had the money, I'd fly you here to see them.

Maybe they will come to Europe after all.

We shall see soon enough if they extend the tour.

• Like 1

If I had the money, I'd fly you here to see them.

Maybe they will come to Europe after all.

We shall see soon enough if they extend the tour.

Yeah, we will see...

But to be honest, I am starting to lose hope...

• Like 2

How about a "No Hits Tour" just play songs that they don't play all that often or not played at all. I'd go and see that! Edited by BlairC45
  • Like 3

How about a "No Hits Tour" just play songs that they don't play all that often or not played at all. I'd go and see that!

That's kind of why I sort of lean towards Jam Bands these days... I love the fact that you can go see someone five nights in a row, and the chance of hearing the same song twice slim to none (unless a newer album is out and it's "getting play")

But by the same token, I had a friend that went to see The Dead years back and was PISSED that they didn't play Touch of Grey (since it was all over the MTV at the time...well when they actually played MUSIC)

• Like 1

How about a "No Hits Tour" just play songs that they don't play all that often or not played at all. I'd go and see that!

OH THAT'S A FANTASTIC IDEA! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE RIVENDELL AND TAI SHAN DONE LIVE!!!

:rfl:

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 2

A lot can top it. Playin' Losing It live was NOT the apex of their career. :)

Glad i'm not the only one who thinks that.

They already top it with the current set. Natural Science, JL, Xanadu, Prelude, Cygnus, Lakeside Park, Anthem.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

They already top it with the current set. Natural Science, JL, Xanadu, Prelude, Cygnus, Lakeside Park, Anthem.

You're not the only one. Losing It was a cool one-off but there are a lot of songs they could have played that would have been just as cool.

• Like 2

I dunno why folks love that track so much. It's good, but it's not one of their signature tunes, deep cut or otherwise.

Natural Science and Jacob's Ladder alone in any set would be enough to top it.

• Like 1

What I liked about hearing/seeing Losing It played with Ben Mink is bringing back memories of a great album featuring Ben Mink, FM City of Fear!

I agree! City of Fear is a great album. "Up To You" is a killer song!

• Like 2

Thread winner: Lucas

I think playing Losing It was somewhat driven by the fans and kind of a follow up from having the strings with CA. I wonder if this would open the door for more "special guests "
  • Like 1

The only thing that can possible top that show? How about a documentary about Geddy, Alex, and Neil running with the Bulls wearing what this dude is wearing?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/09/article-2170911-13FCCE44000005DC-954_634x417.jpg

• Like 2

They just did that tour, which is,why I skipped it. Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Of songs never played live, ones that excite me as a possibility are:

Different Strings

Emotion Detector

Red Tide

Available Light

Cut to the Chase

Everyday Glory

Totem

Vapor Trail

If I had one vote? I'd cheat and put in a vote for Cut to the Chase and Available Light.

Different Strings is the only on on that list that wouldn't cause a mass walk out! The rest would cause people to throw stuff...

Speak for yourself. There is NO song that would cause me to walk out or throw things... Though Superconductor or Rivendell might cause me to hit the pipe a few times. Vapor Trail would be my choice if I only got one.

• Like 1