Happy summer solstice, in the Northern Hemisphere.

Aikenrooster

Its been hot as blazes here in Myrtle Beach SC for at least a week now. Some days the heat index has been over 105. Humid as all get out. Walk outside and sweat without making a move even at night. This kind of heat seems a bit early to me. Whew...

Man, you ain't lying. I was in Shallotte on Thursday and I almost got sick because it wa so hot unloading in the trailer.

I just cut the grass a little while ago. Good grief the humidity is thick. How the hell I worked in that sh*t for 7 years is beyond me at this point. 130 degree attics every day and step outside in 95 degree heat to "cool off". Crazy sh*t. I was good at it too but never again...

Too funny! That is exactly how I felt when I worked in the ship yards and would crawl outta the holes into 95° + Temps delirious and it feeling like someone turned on the AC and my boss sayin "yup that'll take years off your life". My thoughts were "there has to be a better way"

Its been hot as blazes here in Myrtle Beach SC for at least a week now. Some days the heat index has been over 105. Humid as all get out. Walk outside and sweat without making a move even at night. This kind of heat seems a bit early to me. Whew...

Man, you ain't lying. I was in Shallotte on Thursday and I almost got sick because it wa so hot unloading in the trailer.

I just cut the grass a little while ago. Good grief the humidity is thick. How the hell I worked in that sh*t for 7 years is beyond me at this point. 130 degree attics every day and step outside in 95 degree heat to "cool off". Crazy sh*t. I was good at it too but never again...

And here I am in Palm Springs, where it's been between 110 and 118 every day. I love the heat, lazing in the pool and having a cocktail or two. Nothing one can do but relax and take it in. :sundog:
  • Like 1

Too funny! That is exactly how I felt when I worked in the ship yards and would crawl outta the holes into 95° + Temps delirious and it feeling like someone turned on the AC and my boss sayin "yup that'll take years off your life". My thoughts were "there has to be a better way"

It was crazy. 130 degree plus attics for 4 or 5 months straight. Sweating through your uniform over and over all day and night many times. Some days you would just pray for a crawl space unit. Dirty under the house but not stifling heat at least. As I said I am almost 55 and will never do that again for a living. Was killer...
  • Like 1

It was crazy. 130 degree plus attics for 4 or 5 months straight. Sweating through your uniform over and over all day and night many times. Some days you would just pray for a crawl space unit. Dirty under the house but not stifling heat at least. As I said I am almost 55 and will never do that again for a living. Was killer...

I am assuming you did residential AC? If so I know that is a gruling gig! Attics suck! I moved my air handler from the attic to a closet in the central part of the house, proclaiming I will NEVER work up there again! My better 1/2 was pissed because she lost one of her favorite closets (now that didn't sound right) so all I could tell her is I'll put the airhandler back up there but you go up there & maintain it! I won that battle but she is still winning the war lol.

• Like 1

I am assuming you did residential AC? If so I know that is a gruling gig! Attics suck! I moved my air handler from the attic to a closet in the central part of the house, proclaiming I will NEVER work up there again! My better 1/2 was pissed because she lost one of her favorite closets (now that didn't sound right) so all I could tell her is I'll put the airhandler back up there but you go up there & maintain it! I won that battle but she is still winning the war lol.

Yes all residential and in SC there aren't basements. Only attics and crawl spaces with units tangled in truss webs and sitting in dirt (under the house). Don't know how I did it so long to be honest and we worked overtime like crazy too. It was real good money for this area but it took alot out of me for sure...
  • Like 2

Take a moment and ask the people that have to work there how they feel, cause you know they can't just jump in when they feel heat stress...

Yes all residential and in SC there aren't basements. Only attics and crawl spaces with units tangled in truss webs and sitting in dirt (under the house). Don't know how I did it so long to be honest and we worked overtime like crazy too. It was real good money for this area but it took alot out of me for sure...

In Florida there are no basements lol ;-P

Edit; The AC techs here pray the units are in the garage

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Indeed. I have worked on my parents units before in Fla. One was in the attic :( and one in the hall closet :) ...

Take a moment and ask the people that have to work there how they feel, cause you know they can't just jump in when they feel heat stress...

At the waterpark, they throw water on themselves constantly. As for the hispanics doing landscape maintenance all around town...I feel for them.
  • Like 1

Edit; The AC techs here pray the units are in the garage

In most places in the state you hit water well before you get to a depth deep enough to lay the floor of a basement.

It's the winter solstice here in Rio, and we immediately noticed the temperature drop. July and August are tough months for me, since the beach is my source of energy! Enjoy the summer in North America, guys!
  • Like 2

It's the winter solstice here in Rio, and we immediately noticed the temperature drop. July and August are tough months for me, since the beach is my source of energy! Enjoy the summer in North America, guys!

LOL,Yes you know the Suns heat is now coming back south and when we are in December and most in the northern hemisphere are pining for warmer days, y'all will be saying man I wish it would cool down. After all human nature is never satisfied ;-P

Edit; LOL

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

And here I am in Palm Springs, where it's been between 110 and 118 every day. I love the heat, lazing in the pool and having a cocktail or two. Nothing one can do but relax and take it in. :sundog:

Yeah, but how much longer are you going to have the water to fill that pool?

• Like 1

I'll be perfectly happy to celebrate winter solstice when it gets here.
  • Like 2

Yeah, but how much longer are you going to have the water to fill that pool?

No kidding. You know there's a drought when Palm Springs is on water restriction! Fountains are dry, palm trees are a bit weepy... But we're home now. Another eason I love summer is that when I come home I come home to this in my back yard...

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/RoseGarden1.summer2015_zpsjpqt3lbe.jpg

• Like 2

Rod, what is your sunrise and sunset time?

Rod, what is your sunrise and sunset time?

06 am and 06pm. But from October to February/March we have daylight savings time, and then it´s 07am and 07pm.

I spent the longest day of the year in Northern Norway, way up north from the Arctic circle. The sun was up all night.

I´ve been to Norway a couple of times for work, usually in late May/early June, and once in late November...during summer it´s quite nice, and the sun doesn´t set until 11:30 pm, and by 04 am it´s already up. The one time I went in November, the weather was absolutely miserable! Cold and rain all around...I remember one time I left the bus in the city and bought a calzone at a 7-11 to eat at the hotel, and when I got to my room, it was completely frozen!

I spent the longest day of the year in Northern Norway, way up north from the Arctic circle. The sun was up all night.

I have something that belongs to Norway that I'd like to return. :) Does anyone live up there? If not, we can make my husband a pioneer of sorts.

Edited by Lorraine