New Iron Maiden album - Book of Souls

FYI, All of the early Maiden studio albums from the 1980's have been remastered and are on sale for $6.99 each on iTunes

I compared my old versions to the new samples and the new ones sound way better.

Just a heads up if anyone is looking, needing remastered versions for cheap

• Like 1

I think The Book of Souls is my favourite since 07th Son!

Wow, thats a strong endorsement!

Cant wait to hear it tomorrow. I have held off on playing any of the singles in order to hear the whole thing at once

I'm not sure I like it better than BNW but it's easily better than their last three. There are more rocking tunes and less time spent slowly plodding along like they did with some songs on their last few albums.

• Like 1

Wow, thats a strong endorsement!

Cant wait to hear it tomorrow. I have held off on playing any of the singles in order to hear the whole thing at once

There are less songs I dislike in TBOS than in BNW. It seems more inspired and varied than their output of late.

• Like 2

Gonna give this my first listen tonight after I get home for Labor Day Weekend. I'm so f***ing pumped. I've been hearing so many good things about it, like "best since '88" or "best since Brave New World". People love this one.

If Eternity Should Fail was meant for a Bruce solo album, and they decided to adapt it for MAiden. It explains why it sounds so much like Bruce~s solo work. One of the best songs in the new release for me, along with Tears of a Clown, Death Or Glory and Empire of the Clouds, which is simply amazing!

I've yet to pick this up.........I'm gonna going to.......at some point. You could probably tell i'm not a die hard Maiden fan, lol.

But this is on my list eventually. oh shows how much i pay attention. Released today,, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Doesnt everyone always say the new one is the best since XYZ??

Not necessarily...I didn´t see similar comments to The Final Frontier or Dance of Death. Some people loved AMOLAD (not me) and Brave New world WAS in fact their best since 07th Son. But like I said, I find the new album more inspired, more direct and varied than BNW, so I stand by my comment.

Any thoughts from those who chose to wait until release day?

Here I am! Listened to TBOS twice today: not very impressed, honestly: all the last previous albums (since BNW) run with stronger engines IMO. Not bad tracks but not great tracks at the same time and I find Empire Of The Clouds a little more than a work in progress towards God knows what and definetely not something in Maiden's DNA (and not even something they can handle)