CA Album Poll 8: Clockwork Angels vs. Moving Pictures

Segue Myles

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Best?

• Clockwork Angels
    • Moving Pictures

I have trouble listening to CA as much as I had trouble listening to Vapor Trails before the remix and for much the same reason.

Yep. There was something "different" and troubling about it but I couldn't put my finger on it and I listened to it a bunch. When Halo Effect or The Garden was coming up I was relieved to say the least. Great potential there but just missed in my view...
  • Like 1

I have trouble listening to CA as much as I had trouble listening to Vapor Trails before the remix and for much the same reason.

Spoken like a true troll.

Jk jk!

Two albums that suffer with dodgy production rank alongside my top favourites: VT and Springsteen's Magic. My dislike (in comparison to other Rush albums) of CA is based on the dullness of it all.

A couple of true highlights, some decent songs, and some dull filler do not a great album make. And that is how I see CA. SA has great production, and I like that a lot less!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Jk jk!

Two albums that suffer with dodgy production rank alongside my top favourites: VT and Springsteen's Magic. My dislike (in comparison to other Rush albums) of CA is based on the dullness of it all.

A couple of true highlights, some decent songs, and some dull filler do not a great album make. And that is how I see CA. SA has great production, and I like that a lot less!

So you think CA has dull filler, you think S&A's does too?

• Like 1

Jk jk!

CA has major highlights.

SA has none for me. The best songs would be fillers on anything else.

CA song for song is a much better album. The two aren't even close. SA is really unappealing to me, the only Rush album that lacks a single song I return to frequently.

Jk jk!

CA has major highlights.

CA song for song is a much better album. The two aren't even close. SA is really unappealing to me, the only Rush album that lacks a single song I return to frequently.

I was just curious. I listen to a lot of songs off of S&A's. The vocals were still decent and the instrumentals really sounds good.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

MP.......

TM..........CA I suppose? "checking" AH YES. there it is.

lol.

Mick

Last summer when I would walk the neighborhood I listened to CA a ton and thought it was pretty good overall (with the 3 or so skippers I have mentioned before). When I would switch to something "older" the difference in the production was stark and pleasurable to say the least. As I have stated there is a damn good 45 minute album there if the fat was cut and the production redone. Would be cool if they just did the latter someday at least... :)

Got to agree with you on that one. Get rid of the filler and fix the production and it could be a really good album.

Interestingly S & A has some of the same traits. Get rid of some of the filler and it would be a great album. Thankfully the production is not a problem with S & A.

In may ways S & A is a mirror of CA. CA, IMO as I have said elsewhere, starts slow with 2 marginal songs and 3 skippers. Then it catch's fire. S & A starts out on fire (Far Cry, A & S, Working them Angeles, TMMB, The Larger Bowl, TWTWB - they all rock big time). Then you get the stinkers. However near the end of the album you get the wonderful Hope. Again a mirror of CA as in the middle of all the really good songs on CA you get a stinker in BU2B2. At least S & A closes with the strong "We Hold On".

Combine the best of the 2 (with S & A production) and what an album you would have!!

BTW - voted for MP. Its an easy pick.

• Like 1

I've voted against CA for 6 straight albums. I will vote for it for the next 5 at least...perhaps for all the rest.

Jk jk!

CA has major highlights.

I was just curious. I listen to a lot of songs off of S&A's. The vocals were still decent and the instrumentals really sounds good.

I happen to really like "Snakes and Arrows".

I'd put it ahead of "Clockwork Angels" on my list of favourites.

• Like 2

Jk jk!

CA has major highlights.

I happen to really like "Snakes and Arrows".

I'd put it ahead of "Clockwork Angels" on my list of favourites.

Oh me too. Definitely.

• Like 1

Jk jk!

CA has major highlights.

You are wrong so wrong. But its ok. We still good.

• Like 1

Jk jk!

CA has major highlights.

You are wrong so wrong. But its ok. We still good.

There is no right or wrong here. It's just opinions after all. Like every other post on this forum. :)

• Like 3

I'll join you on this one TM, maybe, this one...

Really? Never mind you already did...

Yeah, why not. Its gonna hurt seeing CA run off seven in a row after POW.

But why not. CA doesn't have Tom Saw Yee

Yeah, why not. Its gonna hurt seeing CA run off seven in a row after POW.

But why not. CA doesn't have Tom Saw Yee

Hey man knock yourself out... :)

MP.......

lol.

Mick

I think x1yyz said she was going with CA too but I guess she didn't officially vote? I was curious and asked her to clarify but haven't heard from her... :huh:

I did vote for CA. I like every song on that album, but there is one on MP I do not like (Tom Sawyer).

• Like 1

MP.......

lol.

Mick

I think x1yyz said she was going with CA too but I guess she didn't officially vote? I was curious and asked her to clarify but haven't heard from her... :huh:

I did vote for CA. I like every song on that album, but there is one on MP I do not like (Tom Sawyer).

The only reason I asked is because your name doesn't show up as having voted for it. Still doesn't. Dang you love you some CA don't you (not that there is anything wrong with that)... :)