Seven Cities of Gold: Filler or Fantastic?

Tombstone Mountain

Seven Cities of Gold  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Is this song just filler, or a grand mini-epic?

• Filler. The song is ill conceived
    • Mini Epic all the way
  2. 2. Geddy's Voice on Seven Cities of Gold

• I love it
    • I hate it
    • It's ok
  3. 3. Does SCOG remind you of any other Rush song?

• No
    • Yes
    • Kinda

Wow I must be way off base here. We are now comparing 7COG to Jacobs Ladder. The dozen or so listens must not have been enough... :eh:

different strokes for different folks--but perhaps you hit your head which caused your mind to stop working in the 70's or very early 80's and it doesn't allow you to enjoy good new music.

Gonna mostly leave that one alone, discretion being the better part of valor and all. Not the nicest thing that's ever been posted my way but ok....
  • Like 2

Wow I must be way off base here. We are now comparing 7COG to Jacobs Ladder. The dozen or so listens must not have been enough... :eh:

different strokes for different folks--but perhaps you hit your head which caused your mind to stop working in the 70's or very early 80's and it doesn't allow you to enjoy good new music.

Gonna mostly leave that one alone, discretion being the better part of valor and all. Not the nicest thing that's ever been posted my way but ok....

Yeah I have to agree that was a bit rough.

• Like 1

Find a post where I make things personal and I will give you a nickel. :blah: "cue the Jeopardy music. good luck".... :)

Edit: Forgot to mention there are over 22,000 of them so might better pack a lunch... :)

Edited by Narps
  • Like 2

I agree. Ouch and a half...

Different strokes indeed, and it can just be left at that. We all have to be true to ourselves.

I'd never advise that somebody listen to something repeatedly if he/she has already heard it numerous times and formed a judgment about it.

I like Tai Shan and High Water. And I'm perfectly comfortable in my own skin when saying so. :)

• Like 1

Different strokes indeed, and it can just be left at that. We all have to be true to ourselves.

I'd never advise that somebody listen to something repeatedly if he/she has already heard it numerous times and formed a judgment about it.

I like Tai Shan and High Water. And I'm perfectly comfortable in my own skin when saying so. :)

And I am not a fan but I do however enjoy the elite 8 very much period .... :)
  • Like 1

I can hold out another 25 years or so for you to Segue on those last two. :D

• Like 1

I can hold out another 25 years or so for you to Segue on those last two. :D

I'll have to give them a listen again one day. We'll see...

Find a post where I make things personal and I will give you a nickel. :blah: "cue the Jeopardy music. good luck".... :)

Edit: Forgot to mention there are over 22,000 of them so might better pack a lunch... :)

As you said, Narps, discretion is the best part of valor, so i won't post what I am thinking about the slur against you.

• Like 2

As you said, Narps, discretion is the best part of valor, so i won't post what I am thinking about the slur against you.

They can EAT MY POO!

High Water's cool, with the bass groove and the cool solo. It will take me some time to warm up to Tai Shan, though. It reminds me of the music that was playing when I had a massage, years ago...

Massage was for therapeutic reasons only. No funny business.

• Like 2

High Water's cool, with the bass groove and the cool solo. It will take me some time to warm up to Tai Shan, though. It reminds me of the music that was playing when I had a massage, years ago...

Lies

fair enough and appoligies from me--but your post(maybe in not as many words) implied that my taste in music was off base because it is different than yours.

• Like 1

'Liked' for the fine print.

:P

That gave me a belly laugh...

• Like 1

fair enough and appoligies from me--but your post(maybe in not as many words) implied that my taste in music was off base because it is different than yours.

The thing about Narps' posts is that he always includes a little disclaimer (e.g. I'm probably wrong, I'm probably off base, etc.), so it's virtually impossible to take offense!

• Like 1

The thing about Narps' posts is that he always includes a little disclaimer (e.g. I'm probably wrong, I'm probably off base, etc.), so it's virtually impossible to take offense!

That's because he is a nice guy.

There are no lines to read between.

• Like 1

Never done that to anyone here and never would and not even in so many words either as far as I know. I hope I have never implied that someones taste is off base either because it would never be my intent to do so. It had more to do with some other comparisons when Red Barchetta and Subdivisions were compared to other songs less deserving in my opinion from CA and less with yours. Sort of a cumulative effect more or less. Moving on. Nothing else to see here folks... :)

Or I am an old dumb@ss or something like that. A little self deprecation goes a long way... :D
  • Like 1

Sometimes it's hard not to be offended, I suppose. For instance, very recently in another thread, someone wrote that CA is a 'crime against good taste.' I suppose that might imply that if I enjoy the album, I must have bad taste. Hard not to take offense at that, I guess, but, as you say, moving on . . .
  • Like 1

Ah, so it's ok to say whatever you want just as long as you say a disclaimer 'i'm probaby wrong' or 'just kidding' or something along those lines. I did say perhaps which according to the oxford dictionary mean 'used to express uncertainty or possibility', guess my disclaimer isn't as powerful as his. I will take note in the future.

• Like 2

Sometimes it's hard not to be offended, I suppose. For instance, very recently in another thread, someone wrote that CA is a 'crime against good taste.' I suppose that might imply that if I enjoy the album, I must have bad taste. Hard not to take offense at that, I guess, but, as you say, moving on . . .

Yes, I know what you mean. For saying that I thought the Halo Effect is an awful song I got an earful myself.

• Like 1

Blanket, broad brush and sweeping generalizations never seem to lead to anything good in life. I try to avoid them at all costs and I would suggest to anyone that they might want to also. I like this for this reason. I don't like this but you do and that's cool but I don't etc etc etc.................... :) You must be deaf for liking so and so... :tsk:
  • Like 1