Seven Cities of Gold: Filler or Fantastic?

Tombstone Mountain

Seven Cities of Gold  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Is this song just filler, or a grand mini-epic?

• Filler. The song is ill conceived
    • Mini Epic all the way
  2. 2. Geddy's Voice on Seven Cities of Gold

• I love it
    • I hate it
    • It's ok
  3. 3. Does SCOG remind you of any other Rush song?

• No
    • Yes
    • Kinda

Personally I don't really understand the concept and quite frankly I don't give a care.

The music is slammin' and thats all that matters to me. Neil isn't even my favorite lyricist but he is awfully damn freaking good. Top 5 any day.

Granted there has been some shite and really it doesn't even matter, most of it sounds good so who cares? Incidentally I love Yes, but for the most part I hate they lyrics, they just sound damn good in context.

You probably like AC/DC too, right?

Jk....

Sorta.

:D

I mean...Giving the Dog A Bone? Go Down? Beating Around rhe Bush? Tell me here isnt a cracking concept there!! *wipes brow*

• Like 2

Very good song. I honestly don't understand why a Rush fan wouldn't like it :huh:

Because they're actually trolls? I have no clue...it's puzzling. Like it's Tai Shan or something like that

• Like 1

Very good song. I honestly don't understand why a Rush fan wouldn't like it :huh:

Because they're actually trolls? I have no clue...it's puzzling. Like it's Tai Shan or something like that

I'm wondering when the divide between who likes Clockwork Angels and who doesn't became such a big thing on this board? When the album came out there were very few people who had anything bad to say about it. I guess the regular posters have changed over the last couple years.

• Like 1

I'm wondering when the divide between who likes Clockwork Angels and who doesn't became such a big thing on this board? When the album came out there were very few people who had anything bad to say about it. I guess the regular posters have changed over the last couple years.

I think initially people are always gung-ho over a new release...then reality sets in. :D

• Like 2

I think initially people are always gung-ho over a new release...then reality sets in. :D

My reality is that I really like the music, the concept and the lyrics are iffy and the whole thing is clausterphobic but in the end exhilarating and cathartic.

• Like 2

My reality is that I really like the music, the concept and the lyrics are iffy and the whole thing is clausterphobic but in the end exhilarating and cathartic.

You feel cleansed by listening to CA? Wipes my brain out too, but not in the sense you mean. :)

• Like 1

I didn't join this board until after the CA tour, and I joined because I loved the album and the tour so much I was going through withdrawals and needed to talk with others who felt the same. I suppose I found a few of you here :unsure:

• Like 2

T4E being the best example of that.
  • Like 1

You feel cleansed by listening to CA? Wipes my brain out too, but not in the sense you mean. :)

I never said it was an enema.

T4E being the best example of that.

The reverse for me. He first time I heard it I was like these guys have lost it. Hen later on I watched the NP video and my perspective changed.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a mini epic but I quite like it. 5th or 6th favorite off CA. (And I am a fan of that album)

I especially like the pre-chorus,too.

As for a novel version - it's a bit different scene from what I expected. Kinda fall short.

Average to good song musically but Geddy's marble-mouth is really bad in that song.

Love the bass intro. Don't like the shoe horned lyrics.

• Like 2

Its one of my faves on an average album. Always loved this one, feels old school without sounding dated. Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 5

Strong riff driven visual mini epic.

Signature Rush grooves, lyrics and drive.

• Like 4

I must be the minority: I love CA, but to me 7COG is not one of the strongest songs on the album.

I agree completely. I love CA, but not this song. The vocals ruin it for me.

• Like 2