One song I'm surprised they have not performed on this tour (yet…)

rtrushfan

"NEW WORLD MAN"

This song has been in my RUSH dream set list since after the S&A tour, and I'm very surprised that it hasn't made it into any of the set lists since then.

This is especially surprising as "Subdivisions" has been played consistently on tour since 2004.

Now I love "Subdivisions" and each time I have heard it live (including the recent R40 show in NOLA) they have done a stellar job performing it. It's definitely a fan and crowd favorite, and besides being the most recognizable song on "Signals", it might very well be the best and most loved song off that album too.

BUT…I'm surprised after playing it that much on recent tours that they have not gotten a little tired of it like they have with "Limelight" or "Freewill"

Also, like "Subdivisions", "New World Man" would be a strong finish for the first half and an excellent representation of "Signals" in this current live show.

It would be nice if they did a rotation of this one and "Subdivisions" like they do with "DEA" and "BTW", but in the end, it's not that big of a deal to me that it's missing from this set list. Just a thought.

Ymmv… :)

I was also hoping for New World Man, but I really got my hopes up for La Villa Strangiato.

Yeah, I love "La Villa" too, but I just can't see them squeezing that one in to the current set at all, even as a substitution.

A "New World Man" swap for "Subdivisions" seems like that would make more sense to me, but I also do not see that happening this time either.

• Like 3

I'm under the impression they don't care much for New World Man. They brought it back in 2002 after it being out of the set for years and then they retired it after that tour. I think it was a case of them thinking it would be cool to play for a tour since they hadn't done it for some time but after the tour was over they just didn't feel the need to play it again.
  • Like 1

I'm under the impression they don't care much for New World Man. They brought it back in 2002 after it being out of the set for years and then they retired it after that tour. I think it was a case of them thinking it would be cool to play for a tour since they hadn't done it for some time but after the tour was over they just didn't feel the need to play it again.

That's a shame if they don't really care for it. The live performances on "Rush in Rio" sounds fantastic.

Then again, I've crossed off six songs on this tour that I have always wanted to hear live, plus there were also some amazing and unexpected songs in the encore too, so I'm still very satisfied with this set overall. :)

I don't see how you can say "they don't care for it"....they have so many songs that I'm sure it's tough to make up a set list from tour to tour?!?! I'm just glad they brought back some things that they just haven't done in a longer time! Yeah 2002 was a while back, but 1980-81 was a LOT longer!

Would I be out of place suggesting Digital Man fits more with their theme lately of mind blowing surprises?

But if that mind blowing Signals retirement song is played (am I allowed to cross reference a spoiler song title from another thread?)

that would be an awful lot of Signals, but maybe!

• Like 2

Would I be out of place suggesting Digital Man fits more with their theme lately of mind blowing surprises?

But if that mind blowing Signals retirement song is played (am I allowed to cross reference a spoiler song title from another thread?)

:wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

Rather hear Digital Man than New World Man any day...
  • Like 7

if anything it's a longer song! :huh:

• Like 1

if anything it's a longer song! :huh:

I would have used the word better but ok...
  • Like 3

I don't see how you can say "they don't care for it"....they have so many songs that I'm sure it's tough to make up a set list from tour to tour?!?! I'm just glad they brought back some things that they just haven't done in a longer time! Yeah 2002 was a while back, but 1980-81 was a LOT longer!

No doubt that it's tough for them to make a setlist for each tour. But I think if NWM was a song they liked a lot, it wouldn't be missing from the set as much as it has been. Especially when you consider how big of a hit it was. I'm not saying the band hates the song or anything, I just don't believe it's that high on their list of songs they like to play.

No doubt that it's tough for them to make a setlist for each tour. But I think if NWM was a song they liked a lot, it wouldn't be missing from the set as much as it has been. Especially when you consider how big of a hit it was. I'm not saying the band hates the song or anything, I just don't believe it's that high on their list of songs they like to play.

I don't believe it's high on fans' lists of songs they want to hear. And in the current format, we can't get bogged down in synth-boredom like the last tour.

This!

I don't believe it's high on fans' lists of songs they want to hear. And in the current format, we can't get bogged down in synth-boredom like the last tour.

It got a really good reaction when I saw them on the VT tour. So, I wouldn't say fans don't want to hear it. I like the song and wouldn't complain at all if it was in the set for this tour. I don't really consider the song to be that synthy. It's mainly driven by Geddy's bass and the parts Alex plays are good and clear.