Clockwork Angels

Na na na

I love Rush more then anyone here... but even I must say that this is not their best album... Snakes & Arrows was a MUCH better album!

It is a few good songs on it, such as BU2B2 and The Garden. Rest is kinda boring...

Snakes is shit.

Talk about a boring set of dirgelike snoozers.

:LOL: :cool:

• Like 1

Good late career album. But it's doesn't touch any of the classic 75 to 85 output. I'm honestly baffled as to how anyone can place it in the top 5.

^^^^ This but I would add 74' in as well. Just my opinion. I would listen to The Debut over CA twice on Sundays and the rest of the week of course...
  • Like 1

Good late career album. But it's doesn't touch any of the classic 75 to 85 output. I'm honestly baffled as to how anyone can place it in the top 5.

^^^^ This but I would add 74' in as well. Just my opinion. I would listen to The Debut over CA twice on Sundays and the rest of the week of course...

There's nothing wrong with the debut. I like CA better but it's better than anything between S&A and p/g except maybe VT.

• Like 1

How would Presto sound and be received if it was a BROON recording?

Discuss.

Without new songs Broon would have walked off the set. Or lost all respect from me if not.

Fickle

It's a hypothetical. And it's silly to think he would have stood for that crap.

Of course it is. I'm trying to imagine the songs on the album recorded with Terry Brown's special sauce. Of course Presto is still better than anything by the Cutting Crew.

Pack a lunch.

:) ...

Cupcakes, bread, coffee and corndogs

• Like 1

I have CA in my car , and I listened to it again recently. I'm trying like hell to have it take hold, but it isn't. I enjoy it . Don't dislike it. But it doesn't stay with me. As a comparison, HYF took a while to grab me. But when it did, I loved it. Maybe CA will as well. But I don't think so.

Discuss.

Without new songs Broon would have walked off the set. Or lost all respect from me if not.

Fickle

Of course it is. I'm trying to imagine the songs on the album recorded with Terry Brown's special sauce. Of course Presto is still better than anything by the Cutting Crew.

The only special sauce that would have helped Presto would have been that spilled over the sheet music to make it unreadable.

• Like 1

Pack a lunch.

:) ...

Cupcakes, bread, coffee and corndogs

And Pepsi for Narps.

And the feminine form

Discuss.

Fickle

The only special sauce that would have helped Presto would have been that spilled over the sheet music to make it unreadable.

LOL for realz. I don't agree but funny Tai Shan anyway.

Is this thread aboot Presto?

I have CA in my car , and I listened to it again recently. I'm trying like hell to have it take hold, but it isn't. I enjoy it . Don't dislike it. But it doesn't stay with me. As a comparison, HYF took a while to grab me. But when it did, I loved it. Maybe CA will as well. But I don't think so.

Agreed on HYF. After never hearing it for all those many many years and thinking Mission would be the only song on it that I would truly love, man was I wrong. It didn't take that many listens either to take hold. The first eight there isn't a skipper in the bunch. The last two I just can't listen to and have tried...

Discuss.

Fickle

No, it started as a thread about a rock band playing rock music.

• Like 1

Discuss.

Fickle

I thought it was about watch faces, no?

• Like 1

Discuss.

Fickle

I thought it was about watch faces, no?

No. Its about one sided discussion.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Top that

The anarchist

Headlong flight

The wreckers

Caravan

Carnies

BU2B

Are all fantastic

Clockwork Angels is good but a notch below for me.

I'm not into the garden as much as some here.

My 2¢

• Like 2

The anarchist

Headlong flight

The wreckers

Caravan

Carnies

BU2B

Are all fantastic

My 2¢

That's a good start. John V and I were discussing the merits of SCOG and how it's so maligned. I love that song about as much as HF...I know, weird

• Like 2

Presto is rock

Lite rock. Should be lumped in with Elton John and Billy Joel. Which has its' place, just not in the discography of a band as transcendently great as Rush.

Agreed on HYF. After never hearing it for all those many many years and thinking Mission would be the only song on it that I would truly love, man was I wrong. It didn't take that many listens either to take hold. The first eight there isn't a skipper in the bunch. The last two I just can't listen to and have tried...

First eight, it's one of my favorite Rush albums, and I'm a Signals to Rush backwards guy, primarily. But those last two songs http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/dead.gif

• Like 1

Presto is rock

Lite rock. Should be lumped in with Elton John and Billy Joel. Which has its' place, just not in the discography of a band as transcendently great as Rush.

It rocks harder than Meatloaf though.

The anarchist

Headlong flight

The wreckers

Caravan

Carnies

BU2B

Are all fantastic

My 2¢

That's a good start. John V and I were discussing the merits of SCOG and how it's so maligned. I love that song about as much as HF...I know, weird

It's not bad. It's just that I can imagine it being on snakes and arrows for some reason with lyrics about religion and terrorists.