(Spolier), but no (spoiler)?

Super25Smasher

What shocks me about the R40 setlist is that they included Part 3 of Cygnus X-1, but not Freewill. It's shocking because Part 3 of Cygnus X-1 has possibly he highest note Geddy's ever sang: "Every nerve is torn apart" . Now, Freewill has "Each of us, a cell of awareness", but Cygnus X-1 is wicked high at that part. What do you guys think? Edited by Super25Smasher

What shocks me about the R40 setlist is that they included Part 3 of Cygnus X-1, but not Freewill. It's shocking because Part 3 of Cygnus X-1 has possibly he highest note Geddy's ever sang: "Every nerve is torn apart" . Now, Freewill has "Each of us, a cell of awareness", but Cygnus X-1 is wicked high at that part. What do you guys think?

Guessing you haven't listened to any of the shows so far. Ged does not sing Cygnus.

• Like 6

Guess i should've listened. I just saw the setlist. This thread is dead now.

Yeah, CX1 is an instrumental on this tour (and it works really good as one, I think).

It finally dawned on me that the reason I hated X-1 was the hysterical and cheesy vocals. It rocks really well as an instrumental.

Yeah, I'm Shocked they didnt play Freewiil. They Havent played it in a while.

I don't think Ged can hit the high part any more. The last time was on the Time Machine tour, right?

I don't think Ged can hit the high part any more. The last time was on the Time Machine tour, right?

Can't they just chop the rest of Freewill after the solo? It'd be easy to do.

• Like 1

When I caught them on the TM in Seattle he absolutely crushed the high verse. At the next show I caught (in Vancouver), that verse sounded good but it was nothing like the other show. I don't doubt he'd be able to kill it on this tour. I have been blown away by some of the videos I've seen so far...let's see how long he can keep it up for!
  • Like 1

Indeed, and they did do this on the Presto tour; Freewill stopped just before the 'Each of us' part and transitioned into Distant Early Warning.

• Like 1

I think the bigger question is whether or not Alex would still able to pull off that solo comfortably every show because of his arthritis?

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

And I think the "BUT" after "Scream out desparation" in Fountain of Lamneth is probably the highest note he sings....heck even MY nuts hurt after that one! :eh:

That line tops out at a 5th octave G (G5). Geddy's highest note on an album is Cygnus X-1, at a Bb5. Live, there are recording with him hitting a half step above that at a B5.

I wish there was a recording of him screaming out just a half step more and entering the 6th octave!