dvd For the tour???

nicky6

iam sure no matter what. geds voice will be shot and the sound mix will be like CA dvd, hopefully they wont get the same guy to film it

I don't know.. I never saw that Tulsa setlist coming at all.. Maybe they're actually listening to us diehards in this one.. We might even get a decent looking/sounding disc!

• Like 1

iam sure no matter what. geds voice will be shot and the sound mix will be like CA dvd, hopefully they wont get the same guy to film it

I don't know.. I never saw that Tulsa setlist coming at all.. Maybe they're actually listening to us diehards in this one.. We might even get a decent looking/sounding disc!

I have been seeing a lot of blu rays that have a lossless quailty soundtrack on them

I hope they film all the Song Swaps like " The Wreckers", "How It Is", "Between the Wheels" and Natural Science and YYZ" and such! I would really like to have them on the DVD/ Blu-Ray!
  • Like 1

I hope they film all the Song Swaps like " The Wreckers", "How It Is", "Between the Wheels" and Natural Science and YYZ" and such! I would really like to have them on the DVD/ Blu-Ray!

At least get How It Is onto the DVD/BluRay cause it'd make its live album/video debut.

• Like 1

iam guessing if it is filmed that it should be released around xmas time. U2 shot their may 2005 video in Chicago and it was out that November, so it can be done...

Clockwork Angels Tour was filmed in November 2012; didn't get released until a whole year later but that was probably because they had tour dates extending to July 2013. But if this is really the only leg of the R40 tour, then it should be released by the end of this year. Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland was filmed in April 2011 and it was out that November.

Edited by PolarizeMe

I wish they would....or could... record parts of maybe 5-6 shows and then piece together the best individual song performances for a CD.

As far as filming for a DVD, the two Toronto shows make sense....but...

Can they get all the Rotation songs into two nights?

Also, if the last show in Los Angeles is even remotely, possibly be their last show ever....

Shouldn't it be filmed as well?

• Like 1

I wish they would....or could... record parts of maybe 5-6 shows and then piece together the best individual song performances for a CD.

As far as filming for a DVD, the two Toronto shows make sense....but...

Can they get all the Rotation songs into two nights?

Also, if the last show in Los Angeles is even remotely, possibly be their last show ever....

Shouldn't it be filmed as well?

Unless they're going to throw everything they got into the ring in Toronto for their home audience. Would a nice treat for them! Man I would like to be at those shows. :drool:

• Like 1

I'll be at the Toronto Show! :)

Which one? I'll be at the 17th show!

Some day I'll be able to show that DVD to someone, and point to near the rafters of the ACC and say "I was there." :D

• Like 1

Guessing that the major production for TO will be the "dvd release" but I sort of doubt that depending upon the song rotation that everything will make it from those two shows...although knowing how they have bonus footage stuff, you may end up seeing a slightly lesser quality version of some of the other tunes... OR they may just say screw it, and make some serious mod's in the setlist for those two shows alone...have a friend that lives up there that's planning on going to both.. I told him he was one lucky b*st*rd!

That said... You can almost figure that the oddities they play will make it to the CD release as bonus tracks, since recording those is easy these days!

IF they DON'T film LA and it, in fact, IS the last show...someone really dropped the ball!

I also don't think that you'll see anything "rushed" out after the tour is done (and the band is technically done) Think about it...if they release everything quickly, then the band is greatly forgotten in the eyes of the musical media...I expect things to be released occasionally....

CD

DVD

Box Set

I remember a few years ago Red Hot Chili Peppers did a tour, and offered well done soundboard recordings for each show. You could basically get a live album for whatever show you were at (or whatever show you wanted). They charged $10 for them, which is fine, and while the quality wasn't as good as a professionally mixed live album should be, it was still miles better than any audience recording.

I really wish Rush did that in addition to the standard Live release after each tour. Diehard fans would easily buy multiple recordings, at least one per set list.

Edited by puffyshirt

I remember a few years ago Red Hot Chili Peppers did a tour, and offered well done soundboard recordings for each show. You could basically get a live album for whatever show you were at (or whatever show you wanted). They charged $10 for them, which is fine, and while the quality wasn't as good as a professionally mixed live album should be, it was still miles better than any audience recording.

I really wish Rush did that in addition to the standard Live release after each tour. Diehard fans would easily buy multiple recordings, at least one per set list.

Gov't Mule does this, the Allman Brothers did this, Barenaked Ladies did it...it's not a new or tough to do thing...the bands just need to DO it... I think Genesis did it their last tour IIRC...

As far as the Allman Bro's show, I ordered it before the show, and drove home with it..you just had to wait in line while the second disc burned, but it was a great sounding soundboard!

EDIT: Oh..I forgot..the WHO does it as well, and also has DVD's of the show available!

Edited by Jaminbenb

Wouldnt they shoot at many venues editing togther the best songs from the best nights?

That would be tough...if they wanted to make it look like ONE show, then they'd have to have a "continuity" guy making sure they wore the same clothes every night...with the two night shoot, they could pull it off with little to no difficulty, and if something on the first night got messed up, they could re shoot it the next night.

Wouldnt they shoot at many venues editing togther the best songs from the best nights?

I was thinking about that also. Although with that format you would lose some level of flow between band and crowd between songs.

That would be tough...if they wanted to make it look like ONE show, then they'd have to have a "continuity" guy making sure they wore the same clothes every night...with the two night shoot, they could pull it off with little to no difficulty, and if something on the first night got messed up, they could re shoot it the next night.

Plus the expense of hiring and setting up a production company to record multiple venues would be ridiculous.

• Like 1

I believe there will be filming, to some degree, at almost every show. I noticed a small camera on a track that slides along the front edge of the stage at the OK show. This filming is not the high production style as to be the main shoot of a DVD, but more of either a 'extras' disc or future material for a documentary. In this day of high technology, there will be an enormous amount of footage from various sources for various reasons.