The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

Toto or Foreigner over Ghost for sure.

something we can agree on.......never heard Ghost. but based on the over hyping here.....i'd probably be let down. as often happens, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Toto or Foreigner over Ghost for sure.

something we can agree on.......never heard Ghost. but based on the over hyping here.....i'd probably be let down. as often happens, lol

Mick

I was. Greatly. Musically they are pretty tight. The whole Satan schtick was tired before it even started. Vocally they are completely ordinaryeven weak I would say. If it wasn't for the silly costumes you would never even notice them.

• Like 2

Ha! Michael Bolton, my mom loved him back in the day :LOL:

As should we all.

Nope, that stuff is mom music :boo hiss:

My mum likes some pretty awesome bands.

Does she listen to VDGG or National Health?

No but she loves ABBA and Bruce Springsteen.

That, in my books, is GREEEEEEAAAAAAAT!

I don't even find those two you picked particularly wonderful haha!

(No offence intended...we do after all agree about Ghost).

Bolton actually does have some nice, hummable songs (in a totally mom-rock, cheesiest-of-the-cheesy-cheese-AOR kind of way)...that Soul Provider album is very good. Unfortunately I have some absolutely terrible personal memories associated with it, but, ummm, anyway...the voice, the music...it is actually good.

:unsure:

:outtahere:

• Like 2

Bolton actually does have some nice, hummable songs (in a totally mom-rock, cheesiest-of-the-cheesy-cheese-AOR kind of way)...that Soul Provider album is very good. Unfortunately I have some absolutely terrible personal memories associated with it, but, ummm, anyway...the voice, the music...it is actually good.

See.......that didn't hurt.

more people enjoy him then they care to admit.

Mick

• Like 2

So true!

Music doesn't always have to be high art all the time.

After all, a lot of the metal that guys around here praise through the roof were actually pretty dreck lyrically.

• Like 2

I hate that more often then not..........music is just presssure of what to like and not to like.

It's a sad truth.

Mick

Agreed.

Look at DadRockGirl. Same as me, she approaches Toto with no preconceived ideas as to what they are about, and she is impressed.

But blow me down if you don't enjoy the TRF flavour of the month (not you AnEggPlant, you are so last week).

• Like 2

I hate that more often then not..........music is just presssure of what to like and not to like.

It's a sad truth.

Mick

Agreed.

Look at DadRockGirl. Same as me, she approaches Toto with no preconceived ideas as to what they are about, and she is impressed.

But blow me down if you don't enjoy the TRF flavour of the month (not you AnEggPlant, you are so last week).

like look........the "trained" bit of mr said.......man you really shouldn't be posting Bolton.

but the bigger part said..........what are ya nuts.......just post, lol

Mick

• Like 2

It's a sad truth.

Mick

Agreed.

like look........the "trained" bit of mr said.......man you really shouldn't be posting Bolton.

but the bigger part said..........what are ya nuts.......just post, lol

Mick

They can all flock together in another Earl thread "real metal blah blah" or a Ghost thread.

We have our little corner...for badassery (and occasional wheelchair related mishaps (apologies to EggPlants face)).

• Like 1

I'm going to listen to that ghost album just........for curiosity sake.

Mick

If you enjoy it good for you!

• Like 1

It's a sad truth.

Mick

Agreed.

Well...even as much music as I've been exposed to in my life ( :codger: ), I will say that there is quite a bit that I like a lot, and spend a good deal of time listening to these days, that I never heard before I joined TRF.

But I think there is a good bit of truth to your position, also.

It's a sad truth.

Mick

Agreed.

Well...even as much music as I've been exposed to in my life ( :codger: ), I will say that there is quite a bit that I like a lot, and spend a good deal of time listening to these days, that I never heard before I joined TRF.

But I think there is a good bit of truth to your position, also.

Same. Before this forum, I never gave bands like Jess, Tull or Bon Jovi a listen. (I heard so much bad about Jovi, I thought I should try them out. Their lack of talent is grossly exaggerated.)

• Like 1

Shifting Gears. i brought out my Doobie Brothers stuff.

So many great records.

but being me/.......i actually Like Michael McDonald in this groug.......gasp from the Doobie hardcores, lol.

Minute by Minute is a perfect pop/rn b record.

Mick

• Like 2

So many great records.

but being me/.......i actually Like Michael McDonald in this groug.......gasp from the Doobie hardcores, lol.

Mick

Will one day submerge myself in this band. I have heard a lot, and truthfully I prefer them to the Eagles my a wide margin. Both are similar, I just found more to enjoy with Doobies.

Currently hooked on The Juliana Theory. So I am totally into my emo again!

• Like 1

So many great records.

Mick

Will one day submerge myself in this band. I have heard a lot, and truthfully I prefer them to the Eagles my a wide margin. Both are similar, I just found more to enjoy with Doobies.

Something tells me you'll love the Michael McDonald years for how smooth/Cheesy it is.

Mick

• Like 1

So many great records.

Mick

Something tells me you'll love the Michael McDonald years for how smooth/Cheesy it is.

Mick

I like the early stuff and a more recent album (had a blueish cover)

• Like 1

So many great records.

Mick

Mick

I really only know the things that I heard on the radio, but you're spot on, Mick- What a Fool Believes, for example, is prime, grade-A cheeeeese. :LOL: Bless your cheesepop-loving heart.

• Like 2

So many great records.

Mick

Mick

I really only know the things that I heard on the radio, but you're spot on, Mick- What a Fool Believes, for example, is prime, grade-A cheeeeese. :LOL: Bless your cheesepop-loving heart.

Yea Segue can die happy now.

Mick