The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

http://totoofficial.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/large.u8yB0_6BMBKmaHKoPF7pc3dQ5BK8pYyAVV3c_8Hp2WI.jpg

When naming XIV, Toto revealed that this is to be counted as an official Studio album.

Playing it all the time! And you know what? I think it might be top five Toto for me.

An outtakes and rarities album, I assumed it would suck. But what a treasure trove!

• Like 1

http://totoofficial.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/large.u8yB0_6BMBKmaHKoPF7pc3dQ5BK8pYyAVV3c_8Hp2WI.jpg

When naming XIV, Toto revealed that this is to be counted as an official Studio album.

Playing it all the time! And you know what? I think it might be top five Toto for me.

An outtakes and rarities album, I assumed it would suck. But what a treasure trove!

I love it. i always consider it in their official Discography too.

I thought it was a new album already.......i had to do a double take. lol

Damn you Segue.

Mick

• Like 1

Damn you Segue.

Mick

Sorry!

But...this is full of some of the best Kimball led moments ever! I am just in awe of Tale Of A Man!

• Like 1

Damn you Segue.

Mick

Sorry!

But...this is full of some of the best Kimball led moments ever! I am just in awe of Tale Of A Man!

I agree........shows why they chose Kimball.

the man could sing when he really wanted too.

i'll give it to him.

Mick

• Like 1

Damn you Segue.

Mick

Sorry!

i'll give it to him.

Mick

Tale Of A Man is the most Steely Dan sounding song I think I have heard yet from the band! And I love it!

Damn you Segue.

Mick

Sorry!

i'll give it to him.

Mick

Tale Of A Man is the most Steely Dan sounding song I think I have heard yet from the band! And I love it!

try the dan again then, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Damn you Segue.

Mick

Sorry!

i'll give it to him.

Mick

try the dan again then, lol

Mick

I think I should!

Aww more Joseph Williams goodness in Last Night!

My goodness I adore this band.

Hate to say it buddy, but XIV has slipped a little (it went from being on the level of IV, now it is kinda sitting alongside The Seventh One, smack bang in the middle).

not for me. Still proud at number 4.

XX is number 7.

Mick

I love both so its hardly an insult to XIV!

• Like 1

just a toto top 10 again.

1. Fahrenheit

2. Tambu

3. Toto

4. XIV

5. IV

6. The Seventh One

7. XX

8. Falling In Between

9. Turn Back

10. Hydra (First half puts it here i decided)

Mick

Ranking Toto has become my lifes main business:

1. Fahrenheit

2. Tambu

3. Isolation

4. IV

5. The Seventh One (I surprised myself but lately it's been AMAZING ME)

6. XX

7. XIV

8. Toto

9. Turn Back

10. Hydra

I really like Hydra. The other nine I love!

• Like 1

While we're talking Toto. I remember reading or hearing Luke Say the Reason fergie was fired was he felt they never gelled well with him live

And recording with him was extremely difficult.

i could hear it myself but Segue will beat me, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

While we're talking Toto. I remember reading or hearing Luke Say the Reason fergie was fired was he felt they never gelled well with him live

Mick

Oh no, I hear it! I still think Fergie could have done better. As much as I love Isolation, it doesn't come close to Trillion. And I might even argue he worked better with LeRoux on the underrated classic So Fired Up.

Isolation works for me, but Endless, How Does It Feel and Hollyanna would rule my world on any album!

Endless is just a powerhouse vocal performance. The song is the best I have ever heard from Fergie!

But never mind...Joseph Williams came along and was PERFECT. I would not be against hearing Fergie tackle those songs in his prime, but I am confident We Can Make It Tonight and Til The End would suck.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

And I prefer Fergie to Steve Perry. If I had my own way, Fergie would have been the AOR superstar of the eighties. Saddens me that he had so much potential, but never appears to have found that perfect band. (I think Trillion and Fergie could and should have stayed together).
  • Like 1

Mick

Oh no, I hear it! I still think Fergie could have done better. As much as I love Isolation, it doesn't come close to Trillion. And I might even argue he worked better with LeRoux on the underrated classic So Fired Up.

Isolation works for me, but Endless, How Does It Feel and Hollyanna would rule my world on any album!

Endless is just a powerhouse vocal performance. The song is the best I have ever heard from Fergie!

But never mind...Joseph Williams came along and was PERFECT. I would not be against hearing Fergie tackle those songs in his prime, but I am confident We Can Make It Tonight and Til The End would suck.

Fergie rocks on Trillion. But i guess some things aren't meant to be ya know.

it was a great oppertunity for Fergie. Just didn't pan out.

i'll admit a 2nd Fergie led album does intrigue

Mick

• Like 1

songs. recording with him was extremely difficult.

Mick

Fergie rocks on Trillion. But i guess some things aren't meant to be ya know.

it was a great oppertunity for Fergie. Just didn't pan out.

i'll admit a 2nd Fergie led album does intrigue

Mick

I think, and I don't want this to come off I dislike any of the songs on Isolation, but I think Fergies main problem is the fact that most of the songs on Isolation were written before Bobby left. If I remember an interview correctly, Fergie made some adjustments (hence his name in the credits), but ultimately he did not sing his own songs. Even the belting style if his vocals at times reminds me more of Bobby than Fergie. Prior to Toto, I am not sure I have ever heard Fergie sing quite like he did on this album, or after as a matter of fact!

• Like 1

So I just revisited the title track of So Fired Up, by Le Roux.

Erm...yeah Fergie sounds like Isolation Fergie (only I am not massive on that album, compared to Isolation or Trillion's debut).

• Like 1

Top three AOR albums:

Fahrenheit- Toto

Trillion- Trillion

Native Sons- Strangeways

Which is best? Erm...all three.

I forgot that but you are correct. the songs were written with/for Bobby in mind.

nobody can blame Fergie.

Mick

He did [before he died] say that he also found the Isolation songs hard to perform live.

Love the dude, but sadly he was not perfect for Toto. Playing The Seventh One, erm...this might have toppled Tambu...

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I forgot that but you are correct. the songs were written with/for Bobby in mind.

nobody can blame Fergie.

Mick

He did recently say that he also found the Isolation songs hard to perform live.

Love the dude, but sadly he was not perfect for Toto. Playing The Seventh One, erm...this might have toppled Tambu...

i'd only axe only the Children. Can't stand that one.

Classic album.

Mick

• Like 1

nobody can blame Fergie.

Mick

He did recently say that he also found the Isolation songs hard to perform live.

Classic album.

Mick

Laughing so hard...

That is the song playing right now, AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

• Like 1

nobody can blame Fergie.

Mick

Classic album.

Mick

Laughing so hard...

you do this just to anger me.....i know it, lol

Mick

• Like 1

nobody can blame Fergie.

Mick

Classic album.

Mick

Laughing so hard...

you do this just to anger me.....i know it, lol

Mick

No I really do! Always have!

Not a song on this album that I don't love.

• Like 1