Live Albums - Ranking by Ged's Voice

antiquark

I don't have all the live albums yet, but trying to figure out which one to get next.

I got "Time Machine", and man, I was getting a sore throat just listening to it. (Out of empathy for Geddy of course, who apparently had a cold during that show).

So how would the live albums be ranked, if only taking vocal quality into consideration?

You would think the only way to rank this would be any mixup of the live albums up to and including Grace Under Pressure Tour, then in chronological order from there.

But then they recorded Geddy in Cleveland in 2011 when he was sick as a dog. Down to the bottom you go, TMT.

I don't have all the live albums yet, but trying to figure out which one to get next.

I got "Time Machine", and man, I was getting a sore throat just listening to it. (Out of empathy for Geddy of course, who apparently had a cold during that show).

So how would the live albums be ranked, if only taking vocal quality into consideration?

If you don't have Different Stages, get it. That's the best package of all of them.

ETA:

http://www.amazon.com/Different-Stages-Rush/dp/B00000DGV2

Used: $7.87

New: $69.99

Out of print?

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

If you don't have Different Stages, get it. That's the best package of all of them.

ETA:

http://www.amazon.com/Different-Stages-Rush/dp/B00000DGV2

Used: $7.87

New: $69.99

Out of print?

Hard to find now.

Ged's vo-vo-voice??????

ok

1. ATWAS (Not fav Style but Impressive)

2. Rio

3. r30

4. ESL

5. ASOH

6. p/g Tour

7. Different Stages

8. Snakes live

9.TM (Hello Yodeling mush mouth)

10. CA Tour (Check please)

Mick

• Like 3

I stopped buying the dvd box sets after r30 and watch my live rush on youtube now so what i've gleaned from that is that ged's voice has held up really well over the decades except for moments on the CA tour where I'm sorry to say he sounded goddamn awful :)

Don't give a monkeys really we're just lucky the guy and his band still going.

Edited by lifeson90

I remember when i first bought TM DVD.....

OK Here we go!!!!!!!!!!

Ged"(Yodels) BEGIN THE DAY.........

me: "stares blankly" ..............i need a drink.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

OK Here we go!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

That's so funny that the thread titled I need to drink was right below your comment.

• Like 1

OK Here we go!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

:popcorn: :LMAO: ...
  • Like 1

OK Here we go!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

:popcorn: :LMAO: ...

lol.

I acctually did drink for that first viewing :laughing guy: Wine. It made it better, lol and i NEVER drink. See what Swiss Rush does???????

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I had actually heard from several sources about the sorry quality of the vocals on the Time Machine release before ever actually hearing it for myself. And I was pleasantly surprised.

That isn't to say that it was flawless or anything...but not nearly as bad as I had been led to believe.

I had actually heard from several sources about the sorry quality of the vocals on the Time Machine release before ever actually hearing it for myself. And I was pleasantly surprised.

That isn't to say that it was flawless or anything...but not nearly as bad as I had been led to believe.

i've heard better bootlegs. but the show they recorded was pretty awful vocal wise honestly.

Mick

• Like 1

i've heard better bootlegs. but the show they recorded was pretty awful vocal wise honestly.

Mick

I've heard EXCELLENT bootlegs from the Time Machine Tour. No reason to ever listen to the official release again, really.

• Like 2

My ears bled just reading what you wrote.

• Like 2

From memory:

1. ATWAS (best concert)

2. ESL (best setlist)

3. GuP (best fear trilogy)

4. ASOH

5. Rio

6. Different Stages

7. R30

8. Snakes live

9. CA Tour

10. Time Machine

• Like 4

Mick

I've heard EXCELLENT bootlegs from the Time Machine Tour. No reason to ever listen to the official release again, really.

I have heard bootlegs of many shows a lot better than the official tour release.

• Like 1