STYX VS BILLY JOEL! "Fooling Yourself (Angry Young Man)" Or "Angry Young Man!"

RUSHHEAD666

"The Angry Young Man" Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Song Do You Love The Most?

• Billy Joel "Angry Young Man"
    • Styx "Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)"
    • Neil Young "Old Man"

I think Pieces Of Eight is the bands best album, paired perfectly with Paradise Theater
  • Like 1

I think Pieces Of Eight is the bands best album, paired perfectly with Paradise Theater

I would think Cornerstone would be right up your alley, but you don't care much for it, do you?
  • Like 3

I would think Cornerstone would be right up your alley, but you don't care much for it, do you?

It really isn't. I like my AOR to have unshaven man boulders.

Yeah Chuck Burgi is an excellent drummer but Liberty kills.

"Give me Liberty or give me death!"

"Scenes From An Italian Restaurant"

Probably my fave Joel tune!

Still goin' steady,

Eddie!

Mine too!!! Billy Joel goes PROG!

• Like 1

Still goin' steady,

Eddie!

A classic!
  • Like 2

Isn't that what Nathan Hale said before they hung him?

History lesson time and yes I looked it up. It's Patrick Henry. As a Brady Bunch fan I remember an episode where Peter was Patrick Henry in a play.

Still goin' steady,

Eddie!

A classic!

Epic Perfection!

History lesson time and yes I looked it up. It's Patrick Henry. As a Brady Bunch fan I remember an episode where Peter was Patrick Henry in a play.

Haha!

I hadn't seen that when I posted. :P

But anyway...yeah!

Edited by Blue J

I thought it was Patrick Henry. :huh:

You are probably right. But didn't they hang Nate for something too? Do they even teach about these gentlemen anymore in school??

Styx all day especially since you added Neil Young...

I dint know you like Styx?!

Just Paradise Theater, The Grand Illusion, Pieces Of Eight and a bit of Cornerstone...

No Crystal Ball?

I honestly don't have it and really don't know much about it... :(

You should definitely get it! Better than Pieces of Eight IMO, though Paradise Theatre and The Grand Illusion still beat it.

I am guessing Crystal Ball came out after Lady? Dang I love that tune. Every time I hear it on the radio it really takes me back to my youth and reminds me of shooting hoops in my backyard with my brothers on a hot humid DC summer night with it playing on the transistor radio. It makes me emotional to hear it to be honest. Very few songs do that to me. Beautiful song. A perfect love ballad... :)
  • Like 1

Well Billy Joel's music is much closer to sounding like heavy metal so I have to go with him.

Considering you think New World Man is METAL this proclamation is not hard to believe lol

• Like 3

Just Paradise Theater, The Grand Illusion, Pieces Of Eight and a bit of Cornerstone...

No Crystal Ball?

You should definitely get it! Better than Pieces of Eight IMO, though Paradise Theatre and The Grand Illusion still beat it.

I am guessing Crystal Ball came out after Lady? Dang I love that tune. Every time I hear it on the radio it really takes me back to my youth and reminds me of shooting hoops in my backyard with my brothers on a hot humid DC summer night with it playing on the transistor radio. It makes me emotional to hear it to be honest. Very few songs do that to me. Beautiful song. A perfect love ballad... :)

Crystal Ball came out in '76...I think Lady was a little later than that, I was thinking '78 or '79...but I'm not sure.

I thought it was Patrick Henry. :huh:

You are probably right. But didn't they hang Nate for something too? Do they even teach about these gentlemen anymore in school??

Yes, they do. But the way that students experience education these days is very, very different. Technology has changed so many things.

Well Billy Joel's music is much closer to sounding like heavy metal so I have to go with him.

Considering you think New World Man is METAL this proclamation is not hard to believe lol

Have you heard Angry Young Man from Billy Joel? That epic intro is metal.

Seriously, Billy does some of the finest piano work you will ever hear on that song.

• Like 2

No Crystal Ball?

Crystal Ball came out in '76...I think Lady was a little later than that, I was thinking '78 or '79...but I'm not sure.

Lady came out in 1973, on their second album. Was a sleeper hit.

• Like 2

No Crystal Ball?

1973. I knew it was very early on and it didn't become a hit till a couple years after it was recorded. I heard a story about it once...
  • Like 1

No Crystal Ball?

1973. I knew it was very early on and it didn't become a hit till a couple years after it was recorded. I heard a story about it once...

Me and you work together to make sure the point is made haha!

• Like 1

Wow! Okay. I stand corrected.

That song was seriously ahead of its time, then, in an AOR kind of way.

They also sounded amazing on those early albums so just go and buy them already!

They also sounded amazing on those early albums so just go and buy them already!

Haha...I confess, I only had a Styx compilation that my brother made, of the well-known stuff...and I had Caught in the Act, their Live album, from '83-'84, but that was it.

Haha...I confess, I only had a Styx compilation that my brother made, of the well-known stuff...and I had Caught in the Act, their Live album, from '83-'84, but that was it.

You want their first ten albums.

It's not even worth denying.

Wasn't he supposed to be Benedict Arnold?